Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i honestly love hockey, but i hate it when people retaliate for the wrong reason.
    did your guy get hit in a dirty way? yes! ok retaliate. drop the gloves. go for it.
    did your guy get hit in a CLEAN WAY? Yes. ok, don't retaliate, or retaliate by delivering a clean hit back.
    seems to me that the second option is drawing way to many fights of late.
    I was laughing tonight listening to the Detroit fans on the TV. Everytime Nashville made a clean hit it was a travesty, every time Detroit did the same thing it was the best thing since sliced bread. I agree though, at some point it seems almost every hard hit is deemed dirty by the fans, players, and Refs. What makes it worse is that half the time the dirty hits go unpunished, but the clean ones get you 2 minutes or more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I was laughing tonight listening to the Detroit fans on the TV. Everytime Nashville made a clean hit it was a travesty, every time Detroit did the same thing it was the best thing since sliced bread. I agree though, at some point it seems almost every hard hit is deemed dirty by the fans, players, and Refs. What makes it worse is that half the time the dirty hits go unpunished, but the clean ones get you 2 minutes or more lol.
    Pretty much. If it is a clean hit the guy getting hit can pretend to be shaken up and the guy that hit him gets two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    I don't think people ever agree on suspension lengths, how they should be carried out, etc.
    Actually I've been pretty shocked this playoff season at just how much agreement there has been on who should of got what. Obviously alot of home town fans decent and mess with that a bit, but just by watching these forums I think everyone has been pretty close, the Smith hit may be the one exception but even most felt it would be 1 or 2 and it ended up 3.

I've personally never understood why they leave this up to one guy like this. Should be a group thing and then use the average. Also think they need to come up with a more standardized way of figuring stuff out. Might be hard to do with the initial event, but should be easy to say each prior issue tacks on X number of days until you reach gone for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    every fan does that at a home game thuogh. same thing happened in Nashville.
    remember game 2 when Nashville scored its first goal and your fans started chanting Hey Detroit you Suck?
    despite being down by 1?

I've personally never understood why they leave this up to one guy like this. Should be a group thing and then use the average. Also think they need to come up with a more standardized way of figuring stuff out. Might be hard to do with the initial event, but should be easy to say each prior issue tacks on X number of days until you reach gone for good.
    It's not just Shanahan coming up with the suspensions, he has advisors including Rob Blake and Colin Campbell (<--The fact that guy is still involved boggles my mind). I am not sure if there is anyone else involved.

remember game 2 when Nashville scored its first goal and your fans started chanting Hey Detroit you Suck?
    despite being down by 1?
    Thats not spontaneous though, thats a cheer that goes back to the old Nashville Knights days that was brought over. And they didn't say Detroit sucks btw.

It would of been..

Howard
    Howard
    Howard

You Suck!

Follows by a whole lots of " Its all your fault ".

Lots of fans see it as classless, but its just one of those things that held on over the years. They often use the same chant for the Refs too lol. Can't personally remember them using a team name, although if its Detroit, Chicago, or St. Louis its possible they did ( Columbus sucks so bad there is no reason to tell them rofl)

10+ Year Old Account
    Go die in hell Bødker you fuck face...
    I hope fucking Torres is getting alteast 5 games suspension.. Smith crying on the ice and play the rest of the game=3 games suspension. Hossa going to the hospital=5 or more game suspension + giving Hawk the victory.
    Go fucking burn in hell Coyotes... >_>
    Right Thursday night just fuck 'em all up Hawks... fuck 'em up and win those bloody games already.. I'm so fucking pissed, I said we beat them in 6 games, and well now we just gotta win the tree rest...
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Go die in hell Bødker you fuck face...
    I hope fucking Torres is getting alteast 5 games suspension.. Smith crying on the ice and play the rest of the game=3 games suspension. Hossa going to the hospital=5 or more game suspension + giving Hawk the victory.
    Go fucking burn in hell Coyotes... >_>
    Right Thursday night just fuck 'em all up Hawks... fuck 'em up and win those bloody games already.. I'm so fucking pissed, I said we beat them in 6 games, and well now we just gotta win the tree rest...
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Yeah that's the spirit! Strongly agree

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Torres will almost certainly be done for the rest of this series (4 game suspension) considering he is a repeat, repeat, repeat offender lol. If suspensions are based on injury leaving the ice on a stretcher is probably a pretty good indication that a suspension should be handed out. Hossa is apparently at home under observation now at least although that doesn't sound promising for his playing chances coming up.

Torres is a mediocre piece in the Yotes machine. They will be more than fine without him. It is completely inexcusable for the refs to have missed that hit yesterday though. Chicago got shafted there for sure plus on the Towes penalty at the end of the period.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Bertuzzi shouldn't even be in the NHL. That is the dirtiest of dirty plays.
    Oh please. That play was a complete aberration. It is something that happens in the NHL all the time, but on that occasion it ended in tragic injury (thansk to the pile). Lucic did almost the EXACT same thing to Victor Hedman last year in the playoffs. He hit a completely unsuspecting player in the face with a huge punch rather than in the back of the head. That could have just as easily resulted in a massive injury. Rome laid that massive headshot on Horton last year in the Finals. Dangerous and stupid plays happen constantly in the NHL. Stop harping on one single player because that one incident happened to end in nearly the worst possible scenario. Bertuzzi certainly isn't the only guy to have ended someone's career with a hit. How about the guy who delivered the headshot to Mark Savard for Boston? Savard's career is over thanks to that hit and the guy still deals with his brain problems every single day.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Hossa doesn't come back and play the rest of the serie, well I just can't imagine I'm pretty much spechless, he is such a key player for Hawks, and with 3 AOT games, they just need every key player to beat those fucking pieces of ****...
    Imagine if they loose the series I'll go nuts, Coyotes is a team that Hawks should beat.
    NHL really need to sort out the fines/suspensions, I can't stand that wheel they spin everytime... fucking hell
    Oderint dum metuat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the dirtiest of plays would probably go to Chris Simon. A skate stomp to the back of the ankle and a two-hand slash to the face. I'd pick a gloved punch to the back of the head over either of those.

I dunno, I'd have to rank McSorely pretty high up on that list. It amazes me that someone would give that piece of shit work again, especially as a sports analyst for anything but extreme lumberjacking.

That Bertuzzi punch was dirty, but the injury wouldn't have occurred if two entire teams didn't decide to loldogpile on him when Moore was down.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    despite being down by 1?
    Here's a good vid of our after goal chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF349rr_R-Y

I was at a game where we were down 6-2 to the Stars and scored with 20 seconds left in the 3rd, and we still did the chant. I'm from Alabama, so I've been doing the rammer jammer for years.

I do wish we'd drop the Tim McGraw singing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think the dirtiest of plays would probably go to Chris Simon. A skate stomp to the back of the ankle and a two-hand slash to the face. I'd pick a gloved punch to the back of the head over either of those.
    Simon's a great pick but also remember another former Capital and current head coach, Dale Hunter. I always thought he was more... artistic... is his play, though. I still remember the smile on his face when he got Joe Thornton to drop the gloves with only 3 minutes left in a playoff game against the Bruins. Sure, the B's still had Anson Carter on the ice for the rest of the game but no Thornton.

It was a classic Hunter move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    Simon's a great pick but also remember another former Capital and current head coach, Dale Hunter.
    Was he the one who cross-checked a guy in the face after the other guy had just scored a goal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Was he the one who cross-checked a guy in the face after the other guy had just scored a goal?
    Yep, can't believe someone would give him a job.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 02:16 PM ----------

Finally saw the Torres on Hossa hit, and it's a definite 5+ game suspenion. Head shot, left his feet, intent to injure, and Hossa is injured.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coach Q Will be giving an update on Hossa at noon. NHL setting up disciplinary meeting for Torres "ASAP"...lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Coach Q Will be giving an update on Hossa at noon. NHL setting up disciplinary meeting for Torres "ASAP"...lol
    I don't get surpriced if he get's a fine, or 1 game suspension. Those fuck tards in the NHL should well I better stop before I rage totally. Still fucking pissed that we lost that game..
    Don't think I've said it yet, but I love your new sig. Garbles.
    Oderint dum metuat.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far the word is that Torres suspended indefinitely until hearing on Friday when he has an in person hearing with the NHL so it'll be over 6 games for sure, will know more later.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628445
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-04-18 at 05:22 PM.

how did 4 refs miss that obvious interferrence penalty? and suspension for torres? that pile of shit just needs to be kicked out of the NHL already.

gutless pieces of shit like that get me so angry... fucking spineless jellyfish.

sorry if i'm a little late, but i couldn't watch any games last night, finals this week. just now saw the highlights during my first break here at school.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-04-18 at 05:28 PM.