Thread: Patch on 4/19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhaus View Post
    •Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.
    Still not fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

4/19/2012 1.2.0c Patch Notes

4/19/2012
    19/04/2012
    1.2.0c Patch Notes
    4/19/2012
    General

Corrected an audio issue that could cause a loud, perpetual "jet engine" sound that is most noticeable on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.
    Corrected a rare issue that could cause players to be unable to access their guild.

Classes and Combat

Bounty Hunter
    Mercenary
    Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

Trooper

Commando
    Demolition Round: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Gravity Vortex and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

World Event

Jeelvic the Jawa will no longer take more DNA samples than intended for purchases.
    Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.

PvP

Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
    Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.

I hope they fixed the slicing lockboxes or rolled it back to pre 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    4/19/2012
    19/04/2012
    1.2.0c Patch Notes
    4/19/2012

World Event
    Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.
    STILL don't have my title even though I have had ALL THREE codex entries since Monday.....

Minor changes! Still. Give me my title <3

Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
    Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.
    We asked for it, we got it. And fast. I got no complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    We asked for it, we got it. And fast. I got no complaints.
    it was that hard to get 3 medals?
    no, really, i'm asking...before anyone thinks this is an insult and i get infracted...i'm asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

We farmed with guild last night we had some huttball matches and some voidstars , at some point we finished a huttball to get the rush medals in like 2-3mins. Many of the opponents had 1-2 medals and maybe 1 had 3. So ye, with the recent speed awards medals i think its imperative they add a 1medal award for the loosing team at least.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    no, really, i'm asking...before anyone thinks this is an insult and i get infracted...i'm asking.
    A lot of games have mismatched sides, so if you're stuck on the team with 6 in a 6v8 game, it's easy to get camped and never be able to do anything.

It's not hard to get medals. However, if you are a defensive player, for example an Immortal Juggernaut, it can take a little 'ramping up' to start getting your medals. If you get steamrolled by a pre-made, it can be over before you even get into the thick of it.

Just to post them cleaned up a bit.

Originally Posted by SWTOR

General
    • Corrected an audio issue that could cause a loud, perpetual "jet engine" sound that is most noticeable on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.
    • Corrected a rare issue that could cause players to be unable to access their guild.

Classes and Combat

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary
    • Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

Trooper

Commando
    • Demolition Round: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Gravity Vortex and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

World Event
    • Jeelvic the Jawa will no longer take more DNA samples than intended for purchases.
    • Players who were not properly granted final event codex entry and title for defeating Infected Trapjaw, Zama Brak, and Urtagh will be granted both the title and codex entry.

PvP
    • Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
    • Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 10:49 AM ----------

Also merged two thread that were about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    On smaller servers, like mine, you often end up with 8 vs 4 matches (and there is only one match at a time, so leaving and re-queueing just gets you the same match), or you end up going against a full 8 man republic premade (who can solo queue and still have their premade, there is so few PVPers on that side). So it's definitely possible to get less, depending on your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambreene View Post
    On smaller servers, like mine, you often end up with 8 vs 4 matches (and there is only one match at a time, so leaving and re-queueing just gets you the same match), or you end up going against a full 8 man republic premade (who can solo queue and still have their premade, there is so few PVPers on that side). So it's definitely possible to get less, depending on your class.
    Wait 8 vs 4 matches actually happen? They aren't canceled for not having enough players? That would be really awful

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Wait 8 vs 4 matches actually happen? They aren't canceled for not having enough players? That would be really awful
    They removed the auto-cancel for less than 6 players with 1.2. It was suppose to work that way only for ranked matches, which obviously didn't make the cut, so eventually non-ranked matches will cancel out again with less than 6 on a team. It's just getting people to stick with the game until they fix some of this that's a pain. We've lost the bulk of our PVPers in the past month, either to re-rolling on other servers, or just plain quitting the game.

Oh I see... that sucks Never seen it happen because I am on one of the more populated servers. Playing 4 vs 8 game would be extremely frustrating though, unless by some miracle the 8 people were all noobs to PvP and your 4 had gears and talent. That could be interesting... but not likely to happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
    STILL don't have my title even though I have had ALL THREE codex entries since Monday.....
    Had the same issue, went back and soloed the lvl 30 one again and got the title and final codex entry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I dare say for the same reason very few game developers announce them beforehand. In the event that there's a last minute addition, or something goes wrong, it means that people will probably get angry as them simply because they can't comprehend what exactly happened.

Major features, and this is true with almost every piece of software, tend to get announced to drum up some interest. Announcing something that's not out there yet and isn't actually part of a major new update (as opposed to a small one) isn't going to drum up more interest, it's just going to make people have new expectations that might never come true.

It's not that they don't want to disappoint, but that they really don't want the hassle of dealing with their customers complaining about it because they don't understand that things can and will go wrong (especially where technology is involved). Once the patch is out there, they know it was all successful so it's safe to let people know what's new.
    Also if there is a major bug that can be exploited, they don't want to make the community too aware of it since people will try to get some 'last minute' gratification out of it.