Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Wow how much can you spin this... its like watching fox news...
    Dude chill... all your doing is proving me right why are you being such a over sensitive gw2 fan boy. I took your comment regarding dots and condition as snobby elitist gw2 fanboy. You sure as hell made a case for you self
    * reads post numbers*

your premise: unfounded
    conclusion: moron
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    *walks into thread*

HAI GU-- oh....

*walks out of thread*
    Hi Sy.

*disappears into the shadows*

...You can also make the assumption by your logic that a pet is a dot too or channeled spells.....
    I also like that your bringing up other classes to a thief discussion link me a thief skill thats a dmg over time, thats not a condition?
    Why are we still debating its a simple terminology that applies to any game.
    Another thing is steal based on class or weapon they use in pvp?
    I even gave you a chance to drop it and let go but you had to keep going and acting like elitist p**ck

All just kiss and make up and have a cuddle
    So dem thief's in GW2 eh? They look fun I like the steal ability personally. Feathers in ur face!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    which was AFTER i answered him politely

not seeing how i "started off calling him a jerk"

in fact, he was quite rude
    How you should have handled it:
    "I'm not upset, it's just that "dot" can also refer to blah blah blah, not just condition damage."

You instead chose to be condescending, and call him a jerk, and were obviously upset about the way he spoke.

I even gave you a chance to drop it and let go but you had to keep going and acting like elitist p**ck
    Pretty sure every class has a list of environmental weapons that is chosen from randomly, but I can't recall where I heard this.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-20 at 12:44 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Feathers in ur face!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pretty sure every class has a list of environmental weapons that is chosen from randomly, but I can't recall where I heard this.
    well, that should be something really easy to test next week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    All just kiss and make up and have a cuddle
    So dem thief's in GW2 eh? They look fun I like the steal ability personally. Feathers in ur face!
    suggestion: steal from monkey
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    well, that should be something really easy to test next week
    Oh definitely something worth going into hot join PvP with, specifically with friends who are out to fill out the steal wiki page to make it easier.

In PvP the stolen items are profession-specific, for example the thief can get a rifle or a hammer from a warrior, while an elementalist might have a scepter or a lava rock.
    But we at least know that much.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    suggestion: steal from monkey
    Ewwwwwww...but yh, works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember hearing the same, .. from somewhere.

I would be really blown away if Arenanet could take it one step farther, allowing thieves to plunder attunement / weapon based items. It could be an entertaining counter to conjured weapons, as well.

That would be pretty slick: *elementalist manifests magnetic shield in his hands.., finger hovering over '5' button to grant invulnerability* Then he's suddenly empty-handed, haha.

Thievery could be a little more clutch, less random, and more iconic if you ask me. I hope AN re-visits it slightly.

10+ Year Old Account

correction: no longer environmental weapon, replaces the steal ability

source: end of year dev blog
    http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...lopment-update
    quote:
    Our initial design for stealing was that the function of the F1 key would turn into the item you stole so you could use it later. In that version, hitting the key would put the item into your hands and give you a variety of skills. We were worried that this would be hard to understand, so we went with the version that we have recently shown, where the stolen item automatically became a weapon in your hands. Initially, we did have each stolen weapon provide more than one skill, but as we played with it, we realized that throwing multiple new skills at a player in the middle of a combat situation was overwhelming, so we eventually reduced the number of skills for each stolen item to a single powerful one.
    We still really loved the idea of the Steal skill replacing the F1 skill (we called it “pocket stealing”), and with every stolen item now giving only one skill, it seemed like something we wanted to try again. At first, we decided to hack a version of it in as a potential trait. But as it turned out, everyone wanted the trait, and it was clear to us that the way Steal works needed to change yet again. So now, stealing always pockets the item, allowing you to use your regular skills until you decide to press F1 to pull the stolen item out, use it, and return to your regular skills. Steal does not start its recharge timer until you use the stolen item. All of this makes stealing a more natural part of moment-to-moment combat for the thief. So a thief may now steal a handful of feathers from a moa, store it for later use, continue using their regular skills, and at just the right time, use the feathers to blind the moa—or a new target—and stealth the thief.
    revelant:
    It has also been suggested that the stolen item will be taken from a pool of several possible items for each creature.
    source: wiki
    possible origin: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...essions/thief/
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Did all of this arguing about semantics cause glytch to to "glitch" out and become a robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Did all of this arguing about semantics cause glytch to to "glitch" out and become a robot?
    I think he needs a group hug.
    I might change my sig to: I'm going to cry like a little baby when drake and glytch reconcile and have a glorious man hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    goal: prevent people misread. intention: prevent ambiguity

alternate: spite
    The Original Ganksta

I was wondering the same thing, lol.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of that episode of futurama when Fry gets thrown into a robot asylum and ends up thinking he is a robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of that episode of futurama when Fry gets thrown into a robot asylum and ends up thinking he is a robot.
    relevant:

reminded: durzilla
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    ....huh... so....

You push F1 to steal...
    Then you push F1 to activate the stolen item...
    Then you use the 1 skill to use the stolen item...
    Then Steal goes on cooldown.

This is now clunky and unwieldy, in my book, unless they change the fourth part. :S
    Or they remove all of the traits that make Steal do other things like buff Might/Fury/Swiftness all at the same time. Or stealth. Or Daze.

....huh... so....

You push F1 to steal...
    Then you push F1 to activate the stolen item...
    Then you use the 1 skill to use the stolen item...
    Then Steal goes on cooldown.

This is now clunky and unwieldy, in my book, unless they change the fourth part. :S
    Or they remove all of the traits that make Steal do other things like buff Might/Fury/Swiftness all at the same time. Or stealth. Or Daze.
    I've heard steal can be pretty powerful though in certain situations. Damage wise and control wise. I think the 2nd and 3rd part could be combined though. It needs to be used optimally, so you need to carry whatever you've stolen and use it at the proper time. And if it is so powerful it definitely needs a cd.