Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Diablo III open beta this weekend!

Open Beta Weekend! (Starting at 12:01 PM PDT 4/20/2012)

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Diablo® III Open Beta Weekend

We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the games release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now.

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

FAQ

What steps do I need to take?I don't have a Battle.net account - can I still play?
    Absolutely! Just visit http://www.battle.net to create a free Battle.net account. Next, download the client from https://us.battle.ne...nload/index.xml and install it. Create your BattleTag, and then log in to the game using your Battle.net account name (email address) and password to begin slaughtering the demonic hellspawn that dare stand in your way.

Are there any differences for stress test participants versus invited closed beta testers?
    Stress test participants will only be able to access the beta between Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), and Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. In addition, stress test participants will not have access to post in the beta forums and will not be provided Beta Bucks for use in testing the currency-based auction house.

Can all regions/countries participate?
    Due to regional differences and features of the stress test client, Korean players will not be able to partake in the stress test weekend. However, beginning the week of April 23, we will be conducting a separate, invitation-only closed beta test that will give players in Korea a chance to try out the game, along with players in the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

What if the service is down/laggy/disconnecting me?
    It's very possible that players connecting to the stress test could experience issues with the service. While not ideal this is exactly why we're having a stress test. We want to catch and analyze as many bugs as possible during this stress test period, so that we can try to ensure a smooth launch on May 15.

I'm having an issue, how can I get help?
    Due to the limited window of the stress test we encourage you to visit the Technical Support or Mac Technical Support forums if you're having any issues running the game, and checking the Known Issues list if you're running into a bug. As a stress test participant you will not be able to post in the beta forums.

What platforms and languages do you support?
    For the stress test we're offering the client in English, French, and German for both Windows and Mac. At release the game will be fully localized into English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Polish, Korean, and Traditional Chinese for Windows, and English, French and German for Mac.

I'm an invited closed beta tester, what happens after the stress test weekend ends?
    As an invited closed beta tester you'll continue to have access until the beta ends on May 1.

Sydänyö has done an awesome job of collecting the start time in several time zones:

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963...kend-4_19_2012

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time (in use during the summer) = UTC-7

I thought I'd make a thread for this so people aren't confused as to when things are about to start. This thread is mainly meant to help us Europeans. UTC is basically GMT, for those who aren't aware of what it is.

First check this out, it should enlighten you: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

Pay close attention to the colors of the countries, and the corresponding colors in the bottom of the chart.

Timezone in Iceland right now: UTC, beta starts at 19:01 (7:01 PM)
    Timezone in the United Kingdom right now: BST = UTC+1, beta starts at 20:01 (8:01 PM)
    Timezone in Central Europe right now: CEST = UTC+2, beta starts at 21:01 (9:01 PM)
    Timezone in Finland, Estonia and so on: UTC+3, beta starts at 22:01 (10:01 PM)

Additional links:

http://www.timeanddate.com
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...an_Summer_Time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Daylight_Time

Disclaimer: If Blizzard decides to open the beta earlier than 12:01 PDT, or postpone the opening of the beta to later than 12:01 PDT, then obviously the beta starting times above won't be accurate.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-04-20 at 04:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My this is good news, I can go play with a bunch of my real ID friends :O

I'm considering not bothering so I can be more excited when the real thing comes out, wut do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coho View Post
    I'm considering not bothering so I can be more excited when the real thing comes out, wut do
    Well It's only 3/4 of an Act I, It's not exactly the entire thing in reality It's actually a very small demo to get you hyped up about it haha

I've played trough the beta like 40 times... but now maybe I can play with some friends. =]
    "I am chivalrous proportional to the size of breasts." -Orissa

It seems like every time a game as a weekend beta it is on a weekend that I am busy XD

OH well, downloading anyway..can play for a few hours tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Now I have something to do during the weekend :3
    I really wanted to try the classes out.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Well It's only 3/4 of an Act I, It's not exactly the entire thing in reality It's actually a very small demo to get you hyped up about it haha
    Thought it was 1/3rd of Act I actually, and yay nice of them to offer this might calm people without the AP MOP invite :P

Will be nice to try my Beta with friends now though.

Good news indeed for some. Friend of mine has been majorly bummed since he hasn't been invited to it yet. Just messaged him and he woke up estatic lol.

How long does it take? Because knowing mechanics beforehand is always a plus

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    its less then that if you played diablo 2 then you can count the skeleton king as blood raven

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    How long does it take? Because knowing mechanics beforehand is always a plus
    Eh depends, you can beat the Demo in a couple hours. Longer if you want to spend more time exploring around bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonky View Post
    Eh depends, you can beat the Demo in a couple hours. Longer if you want to spend more time exploring around bit.
    Couple :? You can do it within an hour or two at the most

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay : D lets hope that it will be "playable". ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to explore every inch of the map, spend time playing with different skills, get some work on the blacksmith, and actually get to max beta level (not just beating the skeleton king once), you can spend a good chunk of time in it.

It's a nice piece of the game; not enough to reveal too much, but enough to get a good feel for the style of the game as a whole and each individual class.

Deleted
    <---- really excited wuhu !

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What GMT hour is 12:01 PM PDT? I'm hoping us Europeans can actually play this as well.

Deleted
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What GMT hour is 12:01 PM PDT? I'm hoping us Europeans can actually play this as well.
    Here ya go
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

At least I'll get to play one beta this weekend, since the Tera launcher disappears on me after I install it, so I won't be playing that unless I get in the mood to look for a fix.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-20 at 06:19 AM.