Deleted

Combat Rogue pvp

Hello guys,

like to give combat rogue pvp a shot, i know it's not the best spec but i think it's the most fun spec. but i have a few questions.

1. is there a good combat rogue pvp guide? can't seem to find one
    2. what rotation / skills are the main skills to use?
    3. any tips?

thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by mistiq25 View Post
    is there a good combat rogue pvp guide? can't seem to find one
    There's a reason for that. The reason is that combat rogue pvp is a bad choice.

Combat PvP is really bad.
    However, its viable in Bgs ect, if you can find a alone clothwearer, and Killing Spree him down

Deleted
    For duels and battlegrounds, Combat PvP works and is incredible fun. Especially if you happen to get your hands on No'Kaled. I think that the best about that spec that others don't expect it so you have much more space for improvization. And it works really well against other rogues.

There is a nice guide for starters: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Compendium-4.3

Overall its not the best spec for PVP. You dont really have the mobility that Sub provides. Since every ranged class can kite it can be extremely frustrating. But if you are able to sit on 1 target for a period of time you can do some serious dmg. But who will allow this... I tried all 3 specs and ended up with a sub spec due to the mobility you get with shadowstep and prep.

Good luck though.

Deleted
    Improved Sprint and Killing Spree help quite a bit for mobility tho. Both work as gap closers AND unlike Shadowstep, break roots. It also has a bit more CC instead of mobility so you don't get kited so easily. I think that one of the biggest strengths is 6 second gouge that allows cheap restealths. So you can actually get more openings than Subtlety with Vanish and Preparation.

But as I said, it's really mainly for duels and battlegrouns, mainly because Preparation isn't used much there. For "blow all your cooldowns in 4 minutes" arenas, Subtlety clearly wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Improved Sprint and Killing Spree help quite a bit for mobility tho. Both work as gap closers AND unlike Shadowstep, break roots. It also has a bit more CC instead of mobility so you don't get kited so easily. I think that one of the biggest strengths is 6 second gouge that allows cheap restealths. So you can actually get more openings than Subtlety with Vanish and Preparation.

But as I said, it's really mainly for duels and battlegrouns, mainly because Preparation isn't used much there. For "blow all your cooldowns in 4 minutes" arenas, Subtlety clearly wins.
    Comabt is not viable in smaller groups it has been and is still quite viable in 5's and (R)BGs, you are not very mobile barring sprint and if you consider KS a mobility ability. In larger groups 9 second Kidney shot inside a smoke bomb is lethal.

Combat's weaknesses are its consistent (or lack thereof) damage (at least on plate), burst is so-so. Mobility is better than assassination with restless blades & improved sprint, but still not nearly as good as sub.

Combat's strength are its potential for control with improved kick, improved gouge, throwing specialization (especially given the shorter cooldown of redirect), and RvS+kidney shot.

Combat is rarely played because general consensus is that its strengths don't overcome its weaknesses.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-04-20 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    don't be a special snowflake that has to play a different spec just for the sake of being different, going into a battleground or arena as combat is basically just selfish because you are neutering yourself to the detriment of your team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    don't be a special snowflake that has to play a different spec just for the sake of being different, going into a battleground or arena as combat is basically just selfish because you are neutering yourself to the detriment of your team.
    some ppl play this game for fun and not what is best. Nerd