Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How and Best order to gear in?

Hey guys

I just hit 85 on my rogue and only have lvl 84ish quest green/blues.

I want to do pvp but have played 8 games today and only won 1 and been crushed in all the games.

I see that pvp gear dosent cost that much honour anymore but still it will take a few weeks for a full kit.

Is there a best order to buy pieces of gear? and is there a good way to get my weapons up to standard since they require this 8k honour limit or whatever it was so I will be lacking for a while. I dont really want to do pve though as I hate spending a lot of time in them and relying on others!

Deleted
    You can always buy a nearly full set of 377 blues that will set you right on your way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    You can always buy a nearly full set of 377 blues that will set you right on your way.
    yes but that will cost me like all the gold i have (around 5k) which seems a waste? and dosent solve the issue or weapons

There are some boe daggers (like the ones from the Xmas holiday that are 378) or you could sneak into some guild DS run just to get the first stage of the legendary daggers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    There are some boe daggers (like the ones from the Xmas holiday that are 378) or you could sneak into some guild DS run just to get the first stage of the legendary daggers.
    dosent it cost a load of gold to get those legendary stage 1 daggers? Anything that cost gold will probably be an issue wince i only have 5k and havent bought the top riding skill yet

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    dosent it cost a load of gold to get those legendary stage 1 daggers? Anything that cost gold will probably be an issue wince i only have 5k and havent bought the top riding skill yet
    If I can remember well you only have to pay 10k for the second stage, for the first stage you just have to pickpocket hagara and do some quests I think. Our guild used to sell these pickpockets for about1-2k, but since it's such a quick thing you can probably find someone that will do it for free

Deleted
    If I can remember well you only have to pay 10k for the second stage, for the first stage you just have to pickpocket hagara and do some quests I think. Our guild used to sell these pickpockets for about1-2k, but since it's such a quick thing you can probably find someone that will do it for free
    i wouldnt really know where to start and would probably take as long for me to as waiting for the 2 week cap on the pvp daggers though i think : /

Deleted
    Depending on how your server and faction on that server is, Tol barad is basically free honor. It's usually also a question of when it's a "good" time. In my battle-group, on the server i play, horde wins battlegrounds during the day, and Alliance starts winning after midnight. So keep an eye out for when your teams starts winning and make a mental note.

Nothing will be just handed to you, it will take some effort.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to pvp you don't really need the highest riding skill, so you could spend some of your gold to get you started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best thing you can do is, buy/farm the mats to make the entire Blue set. Won't take more than a couple grand if you are smart, and it will keep you from being a worthless free kill in bgs.

i wouldnt really know where to start and would probably take as long for me to as waiting for the 2 week cap on the pvp daggers though i think : /
    it takes 10 mins max to pickpocket Hagara, a guild can summon you there, u pickpocket, give them some gold (or for free if u are lucky) and u get some new shiny daggers You could ask in trade or if you have some friend that does pve you could ask them

PVP trinket > Armor
    Try to get F&V (only 10k gold and a friendly raid needed)
    403 shoulders are only 1650 conq points so available after first reset.
    Fill up the head/gloves/legs/chest whenever you can
    Run BH and hope ur lucky. if not lucky fill up the offset armor with honor and try to get the head/chest/gloves/legs with conq points
    If you dont have F&V get the 397 conq weapons asap else continu with the offset armor

The Crafted PVE bracers are fairly good even in PVP, a pve trinket from raidfinder works pretty great.
    The 378 trinket from HoT heroics (End time) does the trick aswell
    for 700 Valor points you can get a thrown weapon that fills one slot.

If you wanna start with the 377 Blue pvp gear;
    1) try get F&V
    2) get the Conq points shoulders/gloves asap
    3) fill up the rest of the armor asap while spending honor on the non tier armor
    4) fill up with pve gear, Trinket/thrown

First, you want to buy the ilvl378 justice point bracers. Ask friends/guildies or just offer like 300g in trade chat to see if there are any takers.

Your first objective should be to have the necessary gear level to queue for the 5 man Hour of Twilight dungeons.

Before spending your Honor and Justice points, replace any gear you can from the AH. Caster gear is perfectly fine, although frowned upon. As long as you get your item level up fast.

Remember that you can get a refund for your JP and HP purchases - up to a 2 hour (in-game) time frame. I basically abused this on my toons by running Hour of Twilight with refundable gear, then selling those items back if I found upgrades in the dungeons.

After a certain point, you should be able to run Dragon Soul raid. Get your final upgrades here, and sell back your JP gear - convert to HP and build up your PVP set from there. You should be able to do decently in random BGs from here.

*Also, depending on your battlegroup, it actually might be faster to farm honor just running dungeons and converting the JP to HP. Up to you, if you absolutely hate PVE... but losing BGs and getting 2-shot in greens is not very fun either.
    Last edited by pallydan; 2012-04-22 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is really answering this guy's question though, unless I misunderstand it, but it seems he wants to know a good order to buy his honor gear in. This has become a discussion about Rogue legendaries and blue PvP gear, which are off topic to a degree.

For starters, Skill-Capped.com offers guides that are designed for exactly your question. They tell you where to spend your honor when and on what. I'm not sure if the guides fall under their payed-only section, because I had a membership back when I saw them, but it's worth a shot, and hey, if you have a new 85 who you want to PvP with, dropping 5 bucks for a month of skill-capped is never a bad idea.

But in my personal opinion, if S-C isn't for you, I generally recommend buying big first. Fill out your 2200 cost pieces first. They are the biggest per-stat upgrades, and once you buy them, a weight is lifted, because everything else costs so much less. I usually go helm/chest/legs/shoulders/gloves and then my other 1650 pieces like boots and belt, and then you can get whatever you want from there, doesn't really matter. Hope this better answers your question!
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    You need 7800 season total earned conquest points to purchase weapons, so it's alot more than 2 caps

it takes 10 mins max to pickpocket Hagara, a guild can summon you there, u pickpocket, give them some gold (or for free if u are lucky) and u get some new shiny daggers You could ask in trade or if you have some friend that does pve you could ask them
    stage 1 daggers cost 10k btw

Deleted
    Well you can always go farm dungeons with friends/guild mates, earn Justice and buy Honor with them.

Or farm BG's, buy items, do LFR etc. Not that hard, I've geared my dk in 3 days to fully pvp gear.

Deleted
    they cost 10k which i dont have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    You need 7800 season total earned conquest points to purchase weapons, so it's alot more than 2 caps
    I thought the cap is 4k and it requires 8k to buy (im talking the honour weps not the cataclysmic

quickest way to gear up for pvp imo is to queue for tb each time its up, otherwise do cta or random bgs

Quote Originally Posted by Stankin View Post
    stage 1 daggers cost 10k btw
    Ah my bad, I said I couldnt remember if it was first stage or second =(

As other people have said though, Tol Barad is great to farm honor points!

Anyway I would suggest you to concentrate on getting armor first. 10k isn't that hard to get, do dailies and old raids if you dont have a gatherng profession, and in max 2 weeks you'll be able to have enough gold to get the first stage, which I think it's still pretty sweet even if they dont have resi
    Last edited by Moonlily; 2012-04-22 at 02:39 PM.