Thread: Smite or not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Warmaster: very little points where you can use it, that's why I don't recommend for this fight
    I tried smite spec this week, and I did warmaster just fine. We put all the melee in one group and all the ranged into another group. My smite spam would heal melee and I would just PoH for the ranged. When the big aoe hit I would pop AA and PoH spam the ranged up. We talked ahead of time so I healed group 2 and the Hpally heale group 1 so we didnt overheal.
    I have been talking to a lot of different 8/8 heroic priests lately, and all say don't even do disc at all unless you are tank healing SoS / ToT in 25m, otherwise just go holy. I don't know why, WoL disc ranks just as high if not higher then holy on almost every fight even on 10m.
    Last edited by Corayo; 2012-04-22 at 10:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    I have been talking to a lot of different 8/8 heroic priests lately, and all say don't even do disc at all unless you are tank healing SoS / ToT in 25m, otherwise just go holy. I don't know why, WoL disc ranks just as high if not higher then holy on almost every fight even on 10m.
    Disc annihilates Holy on most fights in DS. The only fight I prefer to play Holy on is Spine. Divine Aegis is so, so, so strong right now. I used to play Holy on Zon'ozz and Hagara, but we only get two black phases these days, meaning I can only Hymn one of them, and likewise for Hagara's Lightning phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Disc annihilates Holy on most fights in DS. The only fight I prefer to play Holy on is Spine. Divine Aegis is so, so, so strong right now. I used to play Holy on Zon'ozz and Hagara, but we only get two black phases these days, meaning I can only Hymn one of them, and likewise for Hagara's Lightning phase.

The only reason is you run too many healers. Disc is about the weakest spec to run san's a few fights.

Anyway, the smite thing is over, at 15% it doesn't matter. Halfus, Magmaw, Domo, and even ultraxon don't matter anymore, heck even heroic madness it just means nothing.

Run disc to meter whore. but the attonement thing is worthless at this point in the content. Run a proper disc spec and dump the attonement imo. I mainspec holy, and have top ten H25 disc ranks. without attonment.

It's all a joke at this point.

Deleted
    Just because it's not needed for you while farming 8 HC doesn't mean it wouldn't help someone still progressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Just because it's not needed for you while farming 8 HC doesn't mean it wouldn't help someone still progressing.
    I have to agree with this. Back in the day when we were progressing on madness we only just managed to beat the enrage (10m) because I was smiting. Doing 500k dmg to tendons prenerf is another prime example. Just because you can spam PoH-DA and expect dps to cope with it now, doesn't mean you shouldn't learn to play attonement smite spec for future progress.