Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Swtor Online Combat Log Parser

(if this thread is thought as advertising or found breaking any forum rules please delete. There are no ads on the site or any other revenue program that will benefit me. I'm a gamer for years and this is a way for me to give back to the community. )

SWTOR Combat Log Parser

URL: http://swtor.wildking.net

You can find a demo log on the bottom of the home page to see how the analysis is done.

Uploading a log as Guest (without account) will use the older style of the site and not the brand new.(both are accurate though!)

Please take the time to post a Reply of what you Liked or didn't like on the site so that i can make it better.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

NEWS

*Ranking System is now Live. You can now battle head to head with the other players to see who does the most dmg/heal (only logs uploaded by Registered users will be ranked).

*Fixed a bug that would not show the Wipes on the Sessions Page. ( no need to reupload the logs that were problematic).

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

With the release of combat logs in Update 1.2 i decided to build a custom combat log parser to share with the community.

It is a user-friendly website designed to produce the most useful results you may need.
    Some of the included features are :

• WordofLogs-like DPS and HPS charts .
    • Divided Sessions designated by the EnterCombat and ExitCombat Events.
    • Analysis of all the Actors in each Session.
    • Analysis of Damage and Healing done for each actor (including: Total Damage Done ,(DPS) , Dmg Threat Per Second (TPS) , Total Healing Done , Heal Per Second (HPS) , Heal Threat Per Second (TPS) )
    • Per Spell Analysis for each Actor.
    • Per Target Analysis for each Actor.
    • Spell Analysis for each Target damaged or healed by the Actor.

Bug Reporting:

Because different Browsers handle scripted pages differently, it is possible that a few bugs may occur on some Browsers.

So please take the time and post those nasty bugs on the forum. I ll be keeping an eye out, so that i can fix them asap.

The best way to post a bug is to:
    • Report the problem. (Screenshots are always welcome)
    • Report the Browser in which you encountered it.
    • Explain how i can replicate it.
    • Provide the Combat Log that caused the bug (if possible).
    • Be patient as i try to fix it.

Changelog:

-05/05/2012 : v0.4.0.0 Ranking System is now Live
    -17/04/2012 : v0.3.0.0 Complete Rewrite of the Site .
    -03/04/2012 : v0.1.3.3 Added # of Miss
    -03/04/2012 : v0.1.3.2 Fixed errors in DPS/HPS/TPS , Division by Zeros , Mixing up of Actions in Different Combat Sessions
    -30/03/2012 : v0.1.3.0 Added DPS and HPS graphs, Updated Parser for Timestamps
    -27/03/2012 : v0.1.2.0 Added Death Report, Improvements of Death Event Handling
    -25/03/2012 : v0.1.1.1 Added Demo Function, Upload limit 10mb
    -25/03/2012 : v0.1.1 (beta) Launch
    Last edited by mmoc4ab83d034d; 2012-05-05 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things. When you click on the top menu, it reads:

You can upload a combat log as Guest or you can Sing In

Might wanna fix that. Also, on Firefox half of the Upload button for a guest upload is missing. It doesn't drop down far enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might look into it once it gets more user friendly and requires absolutely zero work. Right now I use MOX because it does everything for my raid and I. We just go to the site after we're done and it has everyone up there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Two things. When you click on the top menu, it reads:

Might wanna fix that. Also, on Firefox half of the Upload button for a guest upload is missing. It doesn't drop down far enough.
    Done and done. Typo fixed , the height of the panel is now bigger to fit the whole button.

This log parser is kinda not user friendly as its very hard to find the right logs per boss fight, currently MOX has the ideal setup and combined with raid parses to check the whole raids performance.

good luck with improving it but the main thing will be keeping it easy to find boss fights instead of just times.

There is way too many log parsers around atm and only MOX really stands out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    This log parser is kinda not user friendly as its very hard to find the right logs per boss fight, currently MOX has the ideal setup and combined with raid parses to check the whole raids performance.

good luck with improving it but the main thing will be keeping it easy to find boss fights instead of just times.

If you can get it up to MOX standards, I might be tempted to try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post

Well if you used the non registered version (older UI of the site) there are only timestamps. With the new UI you can see the targets of the fights which makes it easy enough to see which fights interest you.

make DPS ranks per boss like WOL, separated by AC and spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    make DPS ranks per boss like WOL, separated by AC and spec.
    I am a bit skeptic about rankings. Since there are no addons to get the combat data and encrypt them on the fly anyone (in the name of EPEEN) could add some lines in his combat log before uploading them, making them inaccurate and worthyless.

I'm not sure if it can do this yet, I haven't tested it, but nearly every other parser so far does have this issue:

If I use Vanish (whatever the fuck it's actually called, Force Cloak?), I drop combat, which makes the log separate and makes reading it all the more harder. If you can make it intelligently not split the log based upon if you are still attacking the same guy afterwards then I would love this thing :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I'm not sure if it can do this yet, I haven't tested it, but nearly every other parser so far does have this issue:

If I use Vanish (whatever the fuck it's actually called, Force Cloak?), I drop combat, which makes the log separate and makes reading it all the more harder. If you can make it intelligently not split the log based upon if you are still attacking the same guy afterwards then I would love this thing :P
    In order to overcome this problem (or when dieing and being brezed) i have incorporated the combat session merging . There are instructions of how to accomplish it inside the "Tip of the Day" panel on the home page , right side . What you can do with this is merge any number of sequential sessions. So you can overcome the problem of droping combat with vanish or you can see a raid overall of what you 've done ( usefull for stats like accuracy for example).

Awesomesauce, I'll give it a whirl later on

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post

I think they fixed this on the last MOX, I certainly saw it before but now I dont anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildking View Post
    I am a bit skeptic about rankings. Since there are no addons to get the combat data and encrypt them on the fly anyone (in the name of EPEEN) could add some lines in his combat log before uploading them, making them inaccurate and worthyless.
    MOX uploads data on the fly. You literally cannot change any information because it uploads it to their site in real time.

It also has an option to allow you to see real time raid damage so you can see who is slacking and who isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    MOX uploads data on the fly. You literally cannot change any information because it uploads it to their site in real time.

It also has an option to allow you to see real time raid damage so you can see who is slacking and who isn't.
    I don't use MOX so i cant test it myself ,but try this scenario : While you have MOX active get in the latest combat log and start copying - pasting - saving a new line of dmg (for example) in the log. I am pretty sure without ever having touched the MOX program that it will show you doing dmg ... so there is a way of injecting dmg.

The only way to have injection security is by bypassing human accessible resources (*.txts) and parsing the combat resources right from the client... like wow addons ( Recount/ WoL addon) do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use MOX so i cant test it myself ,but try this scenario : While you have MOX active get in the latest combat log and start copying - pasting - saving a new line of dmg (for example) in the log. I am pretty sure without ever having touched the MOX program that it will show you doing dmg ... so there is a way of injecting dmg.

The only way to have injection security is by bypassing human accessible resources (*.txts) and parsing the combat resources right from the client... like wow addons ( Recount/ WoL addon) do.
    You can't edit or save files currently being used by TOR. That means your latest combat log file which would be the file that MOX is using and created. If you close TOR in order to edit it- MOX stops recording and uploading the data. If you open up TOR again, another combat log file is created and yet the same thing happens all over again.

Deleted
    You can't trust ANYTHING you get from client computer to be true, uploading logs real time from client to logging site is not tamperproof. Everything can be faked. That means to get surely fake free logs you would need to get them straight from swtor server. But its not really that big problem, fakes can be spotted after they been uploaded to logging site.

And btw, WoL has option to upload logs after raid as complete log file (text file), so its trivial to make fakes in WoL too. WoL itself does some sanity checks to uploaded logs afaik, like checking that whole raid did proper amount of damage to boss (not enough damage to boss and WoL flags report as invalid). Also peoples with class knowledge can spot fakes just by looking numbers. Like ability happening too often, or ability hitting too hard etc.

Deleted
    I am aware of the sanity checks that WoL uses . But as you said you need the whole raid to help you figure out if someone has faked his log. Also even if someone who uploads his fake log has only a 100dps increase (something not so much out of the ordinary) this is still a wrong data point in the top 100 dpsers for example. Also if 100 people cheat then all the top 100 ranks will be +100dps for example , so someone who then cheats will fake a +100dps (+100dps from the former faked top 100 logs) and so on, making it less obvious and making the top 100 logs list useless.
    Also what i was saying about getting info from resources that you control is that afterwards (after you process them) you will encrypt them with an algorithm that would make someone unable to inject data ( or just discourage them from doing that).

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is check out the coding for accurate WOW dps chart addons and base your coding off of that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    My opinion is check out the coding for accurate WOW dps chart addons and base your coding off of that
    Sorry mate, its also quite late for me here , but i didnt understand your comment. if you can explain it i would be a happier man