Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

This is the link that was on the GW2 official forums before they took it down. When you get the email to download the client you're sent to the same webpage that I got this link from.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    what other links are there
    http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

There you go.

wow I finish installing the client, it loads I close it and now it says i need to download it again...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just got the email telling me to download the beta. My download was at 87% so I'm a small step ahead of them.

Deleted
    I love the login screen! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    video while waiting for 502 error. team explains what we can expect in the beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Oiv8OM5taf8#!

this is not good.. it seems like the game is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from release date. 3 classes only and only up to level 20.... this game isnt going to be released until like december.... think of it. tera have had like 6 open betas? this is gw2's first ''open'' beta

now i just feel like giving up on this game
    'Nuff said sir.

Plus pvp will have max lvl/all skills (except for WvWvW)
    all professions playable? Sounds fine to me
    not all races available? Well, I can try the charzooka at least !
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-04-24 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Believe it or not, I'm actually downloading faster then usual. Which is awesome 181k files to go >>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    wow I finish installing the client, it loads I close it and now it says i need to download it again...
    Did you run the .exe from the zip?

If so it will redownload it if you don't find the files in the temp folder or whatever people said it was.

Easiest way is to make a new folder where you'll put the .exe then you run it to start the download again and it will install it in that folder.

Yup, got my invite about one hour ago...but also getting the 502 error. Oh well, figure it'll be fixed soon enough to enjoy the beta to some degree, even if that means only getting to play on Sunday (actually my wife would probably be happier if it wasn't fixed till Sunday).

10+ Year Old Account
    So this means beta videos this weekend?! YAY something to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Copy ALL files into the folder you wish to run the game, not just GW2 app (exe)

video while waiting for 502 error. team explains what we can expect in the beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Oiv8OM5taf8#!

this is not good.. it seems like the game is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from release date. 3 classes only and only up to level 20.... this game isnt going to be released until like december.... think of it. tera have had like 6 open betas? this is gw2's first ''open'' beta

If you go by the sylvari and asura not being there... I guess we wont see the release EVER then. Anet said they want something to remain a mystery and totally new for the release itself.

I'm still getting the 502 bad gateway error they talked about already. Ah well. At least we know they're working on it. I'll just be patient and wait for it to come up rather than use the second hand links.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I'm still getting the 502 bad gateway error they talked about already. Ah well. At least we know they're working on it. I'll just be patient and wait for it to come up rather than use the second hand links.
    It's not a second hand. It's the exact same link that ArenaNet is going to tell you to download.

10+ Year Old Account
    How large is the file?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    How large is the file?
    13GB and some change.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's not a second hand. It's the exact same link that ArenaNet is going to tell you to download.
    Like I said, I'm going to be patient and wait for the link from the e-mail to work. Call me paranoid. I'm not losing anything by being patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    13GB and some change.
    ....wow. That's some download. I ended up giving up on the 502 and am using the link provided. Seems to work fine so far.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Like I said, I'm going to be patient and wait for the link from the e-mail to work. Call me paranoid. I'm not losing anything by being patient.
    You are paranoid.

But if you have the time to download it before Friday afternoon if you just start the download tomorrow then it doesn't really matter anyway.

They said you can only play PERSONAL STORY up to level 20, not that you can only level up to 20.

Large difference.