Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Some new info from current patch on wowhead.

From wowhead updated talent calculator. Im not 100% sure this is confirmed or anything: Emancipate is now 15% base mana (1% less then cleanse). Hammer of wrath now proc mastery <== my guess is they want to make sanctified wrath more competitive with holy avenger, currently Sanctified wrath was the worse of the 3 talent, alot of it had to do with the fact that HoW was only stronger then judgement in our rotation, because cs had mastery and exo hit harder. Now with that change HoW might be our strongest hitting non 3 holy power finisher. At least in theory.

Now shield of the righteouss for prot will stack a self buff(bastion of glory) 5 times increasing self healing by up to 50% on wog (on top of the buff to increased black change by 10% and block ammount for 30% for 6 second. Mastery now increase the block chance and the power of bastion of glory.

Selfless healer now need to stack 3 times. But in addition to reducing cast time by 100% and healing on others by 100%. The mana cost is also reduced by 100%. Sounds like a decent trade off, looks like Emancipate will be our only mana usage now.

Also supplication now changed to fol being a 100% crit, no more 300% 300k fol crit on my brother while questing.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-04-25 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoW tooltip says that it doesn't generate holy power anymore.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    HoW tooltip says that it doesn't generate holy power anymore.
    Its either a tooltip error or they found a way to make sanctified avenger terrible again. One step foward 2 steps back lol. Then again nothings really clear about all this yet, HoW could have had a drastic coeficient buff, making it our hardest hitting ability (it should be). Making Sanctified avenger good even if it does no holy power. Waiting for real patch notes i guess.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-04-25 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hammer of Wrath: Hurls a magical hammer that strikes an enemy for 4231 to 4676 Holy damage. Only usable on enemies that have 20% or less health.

It doesn't even say that is useable during Avenging Wrath. This vould make Sanctified Wrath a little useless. rofl
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Hammer of Wrath: Hurls a magical hammer that strikes an enemy for 4231 to 4676 Holy damage. Only usable on enemies that have 20% or less health.

It doesn't even say that is useable during Avenging Wrath. This vould make Sanctified Wrath a little useless. rofl
    Nah sanctified wrath still says hammer of wrath has no cooldown for the duration and avenging wrath still mentions Hammer of wrath usage i think. So its probably an error. Hurry patch notes damnit! They have no reason to nerf sanctified wrath its the lowest dps out of the 3 and holy avenger just blow the 2 others clear out of the water!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Nah sanctified wrath still says hammer of wrath has no cooldown for the duration and avenging wrath still mentions Hammer of wrath usage i think. So its probably an error. Hurry patch notes damnit! They have no reason to nerf sanctified wrath its the lowest dps out of the 3 and holy avenger just blow the 2 others clear out of the water!
    A right, they nerfed Exorcism and Holy Avenger.

Exorcism: Forcefully attempt to expel the evil from the target with a blast of Holy Light. From 9669-10794, to 7738-8637 Holy damage and generates a charge of Holy Power.

Holy Avenger: Abilities that generate Holy Power will generate 3 charges of Holy Power for the next 15 sec, instead of 20.

and hammer of wrath is now affected by ret mastery which is a decent buff to it!

Shield of the Righteous base damage has been increased by 33%. Reworked - Instantly slam the target with your shield, causing 5,364 Holy damage, increasing your block chance by 10%, and the amount you block by 30% for 6 sec, and causing Bastion of Glory. Bastion of Glory - Increases the strength of your next Word of Glory when used to heal yourself by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times.
    So good. Really hope this makes it into live. Makes the active part of Prots mitigation extremely interesting.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Emancipate is now 15% base mana (1% less then cleanse).
    I totally called that. Totally called it. I also figured they'd change Sword of Light to not allow spell weapons to affect spell power, because I was testing spell mace/strength shield with Seal of Insight and it was pretty ridiculous healing.

So yeah, Sanctified Wrath is looking really good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    So good. Really hope this makes it into live. Makes the active part of Prots mitigation extremely interesting.
    It will be interesting if buff gain won't rely on hit/expertise (same way as Judgement/Death Strike). By looking on feral druids in MoP currently, their survival moves don't rely on above stats. If DKs ain't changed from last time I looked - they don't rely on hit/expertise for their DS to produce heal.

So how does it work currently? Buff is gained on miss/dodge/parry or it will be even worse than now, when 5 dodges on Shield of the Righteous in a row at least aren't punished? If Shield will have to hit for gaining buff, then aforementioned comparison should be accented officially before it will go live. Or it will be like making mage to stack Dodge and Parry till he will reach CTC cap so he could actually dps while other casters are focusing on proper relevant stats from very start.

Edit: and for HP generating moves. Were they reviewed? Worked yet bearable on start of Cata and then we had contradictory changes: CS miss ain't producing HP anymore, while Death Knight's DS miss now always provides heal and shield.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-04-25 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone also notice the changes to the paladin prot mastery? It seem we will be based on Strentgh and Attack Power- potentially, Strength can become a useful stat for Prot.

That, or its just an odd tooltip error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming tooltip is bugged or something is fishy, but HoW still currently grants 1 charge of HP on use, and is useable during Avenging Wrath. (contrary to the tooltip change that was posted tonight.)

GoAK is a 5 minute CD though. That one went through.

I am sad that goak is 5 minutes again.. you can use it once with wings and then you would have to wait one more minute to be able to use it again with wings, unless you have 4p t14. I loved it on a three min cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoAK on 5 min, AW on 3 min and HA on 2 min.. Isn't this a bit messy? How the hell are they supposed to synch in any way and again aren't there too many damage modifier cooldowns for Ret? I thought this problem was going to be solved but it seems like it's got only worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

The hammer of wrath part appears to be a bug. As of right now on beta HoW is still usable during AW and it still generates HP.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    The hammer of wrath part appears to be a bug. As of right now on beta HoW is still usable during AW and it still generates HP.
    Nah its not a bug, its a wrong dataminage. The version of hammer of wrath on mmo front page is the new prot version. It does not grant holy power or work during aw. Ret one remain unchanged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that they are adjusting the mana cost of "Emancipate". Now, if they only made "Burden of Guilt" baseline, I would be quite pleased mobility wise.

Pretty decent changes. "Selfless Healer" was probably a bit too good, especially since haste will make it scale quite well. I hope they also make "Eternal Flame" more desirable, since I don't really see many taking it when the other two talents have a much more advantages in either PvE or PvP.

Glad to see Retribution moving in the right direction. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It will be interesting if buff gain won't rely on hit/expertise (same way as Judgement/Death Strike). By looking on feral druids in MoP currently, their survival moves don't rely on above stats. If DKs ain't changed from last time I looked - they don't rely on hit/expertise for their DS to produce heal.

So how does it work currently? Buff is gained on miss/dodge/parry or it will be even worse than now, when 5 dodges on Shield of the Righteous in a row at least aren't punished? If Shield will have to hit for gaining buff, then aforementioned comparison should be accented officially before it will go live. Or it will be like making mage to stack Dodge and Parry till he will reach CTC cap so he could actually dps while other casters are focusing on proper relevant stats from very start.

Edit: and for HP generating moves. Were they reviewed? Worked yet bearable on start of Cata and then we had contradictory changes: CS miss ain't producing HP anymore, while Death Knight's DS miss now always provides heal and shield.
    Just tried it out on beta and it appears that I did get the buff from my missed shields. Should definitely make things interesting if that is working as intended, which I have a feeling it isnt.

Nah its not a bug, its a wrong dataminage. The version of hammer of wrath on mmo front page is the new prot version. It does not grant holy power or work during aw. Ret one remain unchanged.
    well that makes sense.

Deleted
    Wait are u sure that ret still get HoW during AV? I just checked WoWhead and there it doesn't say anything about HoW being usable while AV is up. Is this going to be fixed or have we actually lost HoW during AV? If so, that just makes the talent sanctified wrath completely useless....

Quote Originally Posted by Humanaggro View Post
    Wait are u sure that ret still get HoW during AV? I just checked WoWhead and there it doesn't say anything about HoW being usable while AV is up. Is this going to be fixed or have we actually lost HoW during AV? If so, that just makes the talent sanctified wrath completely useless....
    Yes, it's still giving Holy Power. During Avenging Wrath with Sanctified Wrath, it is probably most efficient to only use Hammer of Wrath for DPS. 27k+20k per hit and I can get 13 in with my cataclysmic pvp gear + 2-set pve having reforged to haste/mastery in my previously crit/mastery-optimized gear. However, if you need to heal either yourself or someone else while you're spamming hammers, then you can do that as well.

EDIT: I should also mention that it looks like they lowered Word of Glory's spellpower coefficient, as well. Only getting ~25k whereas before in the same gear I was getting ~31k.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-04-25 at 05:41 PM.