Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So how does this effect pugs when people use achieves to demonstrate their experience?

I kill boss X on my geared main dps toon then link the achievement to get into a pug raid on my crappy geared alt healer that i have no idea how to play? How would the achievement be displayed when you link it from alt toons? I mean will it still say the toon it was earned on like it does now?

Or arena rating and titles? Idk... seems a bit strange.

Deleted
    I'm afraid this will mean that I use the same mount on all characters (as mounts become shared across the entire account) instead of each character having their own mount, lending some personality to that charater.

But I totally see the positives as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Pets 0/500 o_O
    Just a placeholder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    So how does this effect pugs when people use achieves to demonstrate their experience?

I kill boss X on my geared main dps toon then link the achievement to get into a pug raid on my crappy geared alt healer that i have no idea how to play? How would the achievement be displayed when you link it from alt toons? I mean will it still say the toon it was earned on like it does now?

Or arena rating and titles? Idk... seems a but strange.
    Your achievements aren't tied to your gear. (Except the gear-related ones.)
    I don't see how it would change anything. The achievement proves you know the fights. Your gear is also an indicator of your potential.
    Obviously, raid leaders - at least, good ones - wouldn't do anything differently. They'd armory you, check you out, and if you are up to their standard, then you'll get an invite.

Bad ones? Well, be hopeful they turn you down like that - it'll be a surefire way of preventing a headache.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post

Or arena rating and titles? Idk... seems a bit strange.
    It appears, due to a new client string, that it will display what character that achievement was earned on.

I'm basing this off of:

Code:
    ACHIEVEMENT_EARNED_BY - Earned by: |cffffffff%s|r
    which seems to imply that it will display what character earned that one.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Most achievements are account-wide. If you have earned the points on one of your characters, they will all share the points.

Deleted
    so this means i can mount my awesome mounts on my lvl 60 alts :O

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    so this means i can mount my awesome mounts on my lvl 60 alts :O
    I think you wont be able to use the mount on your alts until you reach the level in which that mount could have been earned. IE: At level 70 you will be able to use the Ravenlord. Not any level lower

Deleted
    What about things like the Vanilla PvP titles? Since the Feat of Strength to say "Hey, you hit X rank in Vanilla" unlocks the title as well.

because linking achievments to get into a run was any reasonable form to measure if you are capable of doing something in the first place ... /facepalm
    Thus it will be as futile as before, hence nothing changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    also it looks like that is both factions pets, since the argent squire and gruntling are both in that list. will probably get trimmed down for live.
    I don't think this will get trimmed down. They said pets will be account wide. So right now i have the argent gruntling on my shaman (horde) and now im lvling a DK on the alliance side on another server to get all of the argent alliance pets because i dont feel like paying 5k gold plus on my server for each one of them. But it will mean that ill have the argent squire on all my toons also.

I like it too. I bet the main reason they're doing that is so you can choose to make a monk your main and retain the achievements you've already done... especially since some of them are no longer available.

It's unfortunate though that you won't see any monks with the Scarab Lord or Hand of Adal titles. It'd still be difficult to switch from those mains.

I wonder how that's going to work for achievements that are no longer in game. Like Hand of A'dal or using vanilla PvP titles from the FoS.

Incoming Scarab Lord Monks? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I wonder how that's going to work for achievements that are no longer in game. Like Hand of A'dal or using vanilla PvP titles from the FoS.

Incoming Scarab Lord Monks? o.O
    Technically speaking, those weren't part of the achievements system which was introduced in WotLK.

I'm really hoping for account wide mounts. Old school White Stallion on my DK would be awesome.

this is more exciting than dungeon finder, raid finder, transmog....

I am an altoholic and it was absolutely debilitating to see my baron mount or blue drake on inactive toons. This is annual pass worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    I'm really hoping for account wide mounts. Old school White Stallion on my DK would be awesome.
    Well Accountwide Mounts are pretty much implemented with the new build. Just like the Accountwide Pet system. You have a Pet and Mounts journal in the Iconbar (Right next to Achievments/Guild/Talents etc). Only the Accountwide stuff does not work right now, but thats just a serverside issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    Finally! But... most? I'm curious to see what achievements will NOT be account-wide.
    This.

Also, what time-stamp is used on the achievement? The 'earliest' time you got it? For example if I had a Level 60 character from Vanilla who got it 20/12/08 (WotLK patch etc) and my current character had say... 12/12/12, would the "Achievement Screen" show it as earning it on the date of the Vanilla guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well dang... When i used to play, I made quite a bit of gold selling 3s or 5s 2200 achievements. Doesn't matter now though. I like the idea because some achievements are just a pain in the butt to get... Like the ones where you have to complete so and so amount of quests in a certain place. Usually on alts you get a few of them, but not all since you're leveling so fast. Some what tempted to resub and drop PVP since it's a total shit-storm and try PvE... idk.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

would be willing to bet that reputation achievements wont xfer from one character to another. so no lvl 1 "Guardian of Cenarius"

I hope rep works. My paladin has 55 exalted reps. Kinda hard to give that up.

The better question is will you be able to pool your characters' experience toward achievements? For instance, can I get Exalted with goblins one one character, Exalted with Ravenholdt on another, and still earn The Insane? Or how about honorable kills? Will the Bloodthirsty pool?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 06:05 PM ----------

I hope rep works. My paladin has 55 exalted reps. Kinda hard to give that up.

The better question is will you be able to pool your characters' experience toward achievements? For instance, can I get Exalted with goblins one one character, Exalted with Ravenholdt on another, and still earn The Insane? Or how about honorable kills? Will the Bloodthirsty pool?