Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth View Post
    Ok, hold on one second.

Let me ask everyone on both sides of this argument one question: Would you rather have pet battles in game or a new primary profession?
    For me, honestly? Of those two choices pet battles. I found inscription to be a lackluster primary profession compared to the others.

also there is absolutely nothing wrong with throwing a bone towards a subcummunity that already exists anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugbuu View Post
    All you people crying about how this is for little kids, are just looking for something to complain about. It is as simple as this, if you are interested in it, it is not going to change anything about your game. Those who are interested, are being labled as kids.

I am one of these people. I am very much not a child. I am almost 26 years old, have been playing this game since it came out. Yes it is very much a pokemon battle system rip off. But that is a fun game. If you enjoy turn based rpgs, there is a good chance you will like this system. Yes I used to play Pokemon back in middle school. That does not mean I am a child. I just enjoy something from my child hood.

All you crying about this, you are just wasting your time, as well as everyone elses.
    I'm just curious in how a game where you capture animals with the sole purpose of using them to fight battles with other animals was deemed as childish from the start.

I'm really not sure where the ridiculous mentality came from that deemed Pokemon childish. The anime, maybe, but the game itself? Maybe it's the handheld aspect of it? Though that shouldn't have anything to do with the game.

I can say Mario is extremely more childish then Pokemon is.

I'm really not sure where the ridiculous mentality came from that deemed Pokemon childish.
    From the company that developed it and marketed it at children? Not saying adults can't enjoy it, but it's much the same as My Little Pony as far as that goes.

Personally I don't care if it's considered childish, if it's fun. But then, one of my favorite games has always been Earthbound, and aside from the unspeakable horror at the end it was childish through and through (heck, Ness even kinda looks like Ash). Fun, though.

Deleted
    From the little I saw in beta this looks really interesting. I even took the time to fly to teldrassil to try and catch an owl (didn't work, it was bugged). But it really brought me out of the city and I applaud that.
    As for those saying it's immature etc, I think most ppl are blinded by the "pokemon" concept, although it looks childish the games have much depth, it would be awesome to see that depth in these pet battles.
    I think they could turn out to be really meaningful instead of just a time waster while queueing. I could see something like arena competition happen with these battles if it turns out to be a loved feature.

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Krugbuu View Post
    All you people crying about how this is for little kids, are just looking for something to complain about. It is as simple as this, if you are interested in it, it is not going to change anything about your game. Those who are interested, are being labled as kids.

I am one of these people. I am very much not a child. I am almost 26 years old, have been playing this game since it came out. Yes it is very much a pokemon battle system rip off. But that is a fun game. If you enjoy turn based rpgs, there is a good chance you will like this system. Yes I used to play Pokemon back in middle school. That does not mean I am a child. I just enjoy something from my child hood.

All you crying about this, you are just wasting your time, as well as everyone elses.
    Im 29, and proudly still play pokemon black/white. And use Battle Revolution to to use my well thought out min maxed teams to battle others.
    Teams heavily theory crafted based on e.v, I.V., type(s), nature, and move sets for type coverage. And I will play the next generation when it comes out as well.
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Deleted
    Oh dear... Looks disappointing, I will probably end up spending my spare time doing this though.

question that i haven't seen come up.

if you're battling a pet, and someone of the opposite faction comes across your locatoin, can they gank you on a pvp server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nev yn View Post
    From the company that developed it and marketed it at children? Not saying adults can't enjoy it, but it's much the same as My Little Pony as far as that goes..
    This is only valid if you do not know anything about pokemons version of Endgame.

What a joke. Archeology all over again. Throw something in just for the sake of it.

I'm 32 and will have fun with it. Towards the middle of every content patch I only log in to raid so it will be nice to have options which keep me playing more.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    your.. saying this is a waste of resources.
    But a dance studio in NO WAY is a waste of resources?
    Seriously?
    SERIOUSLY?
    does it matter that much? id rather have content to play w/ or time wasting then a silly dance studio which would be pointless quick, and models you barely look at close up
    You missed the point.

The point is, they are giving us a repackaged version of a boring turn-based mini-game that is so basic that it can be done convincingly on a 4 bit gameboy, and are acting as though its some new fantastically impressive feature. This is something that NO ONE asked for or wanted. Instead they could put forth more resources towards something they actually announced YEARS AGO--the dance studio and upgraded models, for example.

Obviously it's not limited to those things, there have been many good ideas given by the community over the years that have been ignored, but instead we're being force fed this uninspired trash.

This is only valid if you do not know anything about pokemons version of Endgame.
    No, it's not. It's always valid that Pokemon was developed as a children's franchise. That doesn't mean that periphery demographics can't enjoy the game, of course. But if you allow them to define the game, there's no such thing as a "children's game" in existence, anywhere. Adults sufficiently motivated can conjure a min-maxed endgame out of any game they wish. That doesn't mean the game wasn't developed, pitched, and/or generally understood as a children's game.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those saying this is a waste of time:

Everything in WoW is a waste of time. It has not baring or rewards for real life. But, like many of you, I have many extra hours in a day to waste, and this is more fun and safer than other options.

Years ago, when I was discovering MMOs, I thought, "I'd love a Pokemon MMO. I would play that." Bam, Blizz did it before Nintendo, plus it's built right into a game I already play. And I already collect pets.

It is a lot more interesting than other things they've put in (Archeology, Fishing, farming rep or mats). It's easy enough when you're waiting by the summoning stone for a raid, waiting for people to be ready, to just pet duel your guildies. It's customizable so you can use the pets you like.

And it is not necessary for gearing. It's not like rep farming, where you have to be exalted with certain factions to get that one piece of gear, or that one enchant, or fishing to get what you need for the best feasts. It's just for fun, and if it's not your cup of fun, it doesn't impact you at all.

Quit hating, and leave pokemon/pet battle lovers alone.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

It's nice that it's added, but, to me, it looks very boring and repetitive.
    Not really something that'll get me playing the game "just for pet battles".

10+ Year Old Account
    just dropping in to say housing is a fucking stupid idea ans would further limit exploration, because everyone would be in their stupid little house not interacting with anyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaveritas View Post
    You missed the point.

The point is, they are giving us a repackaged version of a boring turn-based mini-game that is so basic that it can be done convincingly on a 4 bit gameboy, and are acting as though its some new fantastically impressive feature. This is something that NO ONE asked for or wanted. Instead they could put forth more resources towards something they actually announced YEARS AGO--the dance studio and upgraded models, for example.

Obviously it's not limited to those things, there have been many good ideas given by the community over the years that have been ignored, but instead we're being force fed this uninspired trash.
    Let's put a dumbed down version of a dance simulator into the game then.

The thought that that would make people more happy then an intricate animal battle system is truly astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev yn View Post
    No, it's not. It's always valid that Pokemon was developed as a children's franchise. That doesn't mean that periphery demographics can't enjoy the game, of course. But if you allow them to define the game, there's no such thing as a "children's game" in existence, anywhere. Adults sufficiently motivated can conjure a min-maxed endgame out of any game they wish. That doesn't mean the game wasn't developed, pitched, and/or generally understood as a children's game.
    You tried to compare it to My Little Pony. Which to my knowledge is not even a game.

WoW is marketed to teenagers. Who are not adults, and therefore children, or if you prefer...kids.

WoW is a childrens game. Always has been always will be then.

Adults sufficiently motivated can conjure plenty of rationalizations to why the "childish things" they like to do are some how superior to the ones other people like.

Deleted
    Awful shite, least the gm's will have something new to say to players who are bored of the content after a month or two... why dont you herpadurp over there a pokemon battle.. its so much fun -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP new motto: "gotta catch them all"!