Poll: Agree?

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Sabers? Please. They use Claymores and ride Bear Cavalry.
    Go go Panserbjorne?

also my first thought was claymore mines, it was a funny mental image
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Why would you be pro gun rights when you don't want to own one?

I believe gun rights bring only more problems than they solve so I am against it. I also don't feel the need to own one at all. I live in a small/medium sized town and there are barely murders, robberies or house invasions here. I rather use other precautions to prevent someone from stealing my property. I also don't have to hunt for my food, lol.
    I would feel less safe when everyone can just buy guns from the supermarket around the corner. You know how many idiots would be able to carry a gun? They could be mentally 'unstable' or maybe they could shoot you by accident or whatever reason. Every person is able to be blinded by rage and hate and do crazy things they would normally never do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put here. I'm all for any (applicable) citizen owning firearms, but I also own many. Many like... 9.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Where I come from, Ireland, we have a non-armed police force. Yes, our police have no guns of any kind. The most lethal thing they carry is the batton thing. This system only works in Ireland because NOONE has guns. Its easy to keep the peace without guns when the thieves/criminals dont have them either.
    That sounds cool on paper (or screen, as it is), but if that's really how it works in Ireland (and you aren't pulling a joke on us), how do you keep criminals from acquiring weapons in illegal ways, like smuggling them in or something? We're talking about people, who are breaking the law already, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Go go Panserbjorne?

also my first thought was claymore mines, it was a funny mental image
    Well, how would you trip the claymores? Perhaps give each person 3 to be setup around the dueling pit by the judges before the duel, then they try to lure each other into their claymores while avoiding the other persons? Interesting. If the duel goes on for a while, release a bear or something.

Dear Romans, here we come.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    US citizen here, I disagree.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I'm definately against guns, but I like the phrase "If guns are outlawed, only outlawed will have guns.". Whoever thought of this saying was probably the most intelligent redneck ever (which is still ~ average IQ)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, how would you trip the claymores? Perhaps give each person 3 to be setup around the dueling pit by the judges before the duel, then they try to lure each other into their claymores while avoiding the other persons? Interesting. If the duel goes on for a while, release a bear or something.

If there was a non-lethal way to organize this, I would so do it. I guess paint mines and a really domesticated bear?

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those "better to have and not need it, than need it and not have it situations."

The thing some of you are not understanding is that the criminals already have the guns. And they are CRIMINALS. Go ahead and make a law banning guns, THEY'RE CRIMINALS, they don't care about your laws.

I can not understand the logic of dis-arming the law abiding citizen just because you feel that "Guns kills people." Ban Scissors, nail files, and refrigerators while you're at it because I can go ahead and kill people with those.

I served my country for 6 years and have earned the right to carry a firearm at my side to protect you sheeple and myself whenever the need may arise. So next time you're being held up by some banger that wants your wallet think about the fact that you might get gunned down even after you give him you wallet because no one was able to defend you.

10+ Year Old Account

Oooh. Maybe not a trip-mine style claymore but just a forward projectile style, like they used in the mass-defense vehicle on Sons of Guns! Bear mounted steel ball-bearing claymore canons. Brb... sketching blueprints.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Cry me a friggin' river. A gun has saved my life. Just because you are afraid of them doesn't mean you should be so eager to take others' away. Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. You've obviously never been in that situation.

What situation would you have - a criminal fearing you may have a gun when he decides to burgle you or knowing that you, as an obedient, law-abiding citizen do not and he is the only one with the gun?

Criminals already have guns. They don't follow the rules. Don't be naive. Small-minded, namby-pamby, politically correct people really get on my nerves. These people watch their rights being stripped and clap their weak little hands like seals cheering for food or tricks.

Also - So, if the government turns into a dictatorship or strips us of our rights, we have no means to defend ourselves? You forget the reason for them in the first place. Government should fear the people.

All that should be done is competancy exams and psychological testing should be done. Simple as that.
    That's right, I haven't been in a situation where a gun could save my life. But here in Denmark, as I've stated earlier, we simly don't have guns. Not many criminals have them either, and that's because the only gun here in Denmark are either illegally imported or used for law enforcement. Illegal guns are expensive and rare, therefor not many criminals have them either.

And even though you test people and all that, there would still be good citizens that turns to "the dark side". I don't believe criminals are born as criminals. Again people aren't perfect and people make mistakes, especially when they feel threatened and have to make a descision fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    I'm definately against guns, but I like the phrase "If guns are outlawed, only outlawed will have guns.". Whoever thought of this saying was probably the most intelligent redneck ever (which is still ~ average IQ)
    IMO it's up there with God made man, Sam Colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    If there was a non-lethal way to organize this, I would so do it. I guess paint mines and a really domesticated bear?
    Or some guys dressed like a bear running at you with a tazer? Maybe after 10 minutes your Duel 'seconds' are allowed into the arena with a cattle prod and a net?

And those 'building defense mines' they are putting on all the US Embassies? They fire ball bearings or something that knock you down and make you not want to get up, iirc? But those can be lethal within 10 feet or so.

If we could make the 'claymores' give out an electrical shock that would be like a tazer that would lock you up for a bit which would allow the other person to give you the figurative coup de grace?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"
    See I hate that saying. You might have a really nice Gun and I might consider it a challenge :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    According to this source and some easy math the population of the US is 56 times larger than Denmark, but has amount of murder involving firearms that's 500 times large. This is not counting the amount of victims that luckily didn't die from their injuries.

Just for the record, firearms is strictly prohibited in Denmark. The only people that use them are law enforcement and the army. And a few people with a special license (like security guards and special collectors).
    So, you're saying a country with guns has more murders using guns than a country where guns are illegal? Surprise?

And irrelevant. What new means are these people using to kill besides guns? You can't just look at the murder rate based on guns, because if guns are harder to come by, naturally gun murders will be less. But you have to look at murders in general, since people can find other means.

Cry me a friggin' river. A gun has saved my life. Just because you are afraid of them doesn't mean you should be so eager to take others' away. Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. You've obviously never been in that situation.

What situation would you have - a criminal fearing you may have a gun when he decides to burgle you or knowing that you, as an obedient, law-abiding citizen do not and he is the only one with the gun?

Criminals already have guns. They don't follow the rules. Don't be naive. Small-minded, namby-pamby, politically correct people really get on my nerves. These people watch their rights being stripped and clap their weak little hands like seals cheering for food or tricks.

Also - So, if the government turns into a dictatorship or strips us of our rights, we have no means to defend ourselves? You forget the reason for them in the first place. Government should fear the people.

All that should be done is competancy exams and psychological testing should be done. Simple as that.

I laughed my head off at the guy who said it was easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. A knife is far more deadly in the right hands. You get stabbed in the gut and damage an intestine, you're dead pretty damn quick. Also, I guarantee more people accidently cut themselves each year by accident than shoot others. Anything in the wrong, untrained hands is deadly.

And, no, I'm not American. I'm South African. To that "hunter" - you probably have never hunted a damn worthwhile opponent in your life - whoooo - a deer? That's a really dangerous little critter right there!
    If they think you have a gun they most likely just shoot you instead of scaring you. Grats.
    And if you think you can defend yourself against the government with a pistol you have in your house or even a rack full of automatic weapons.... They will just blow you up with a drone or something. I could also turn it around, what if the law abiding citizens decide to do something stupid with all their guns?
    And we really need more fear on this planet, great stuff. People who are in fear do stupid things.

I laughed when I read your stupid comment. You are so cool with your guns. Have fun killing eachother, it's good for us anyway. Less stupid people and more food and energy for us. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am for stricter gun control, but surely I think people should have the right to own one (or technically some). I just think they need to jump through 50 different hoops, just to make sure they're not just some fucking idiot. Owning a gun is, and should be, a HUGE responsibility.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted

I laughed my head off at the guy who said it was easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. A knife is far more deadly in the right hands. You get stabbed in the gut and damage an intestine, you're dead pretty damn quick. Also, I guarantee more people accidently cut themselves each year by accident than shoot others. Anything in the wrong, untrained hands is deadly.

And, no, I'm not American. I'm South African. To that "hunter" - you probably have never hunted a damn worthwhile opponent in your life - whoooo - a deer? That's a really dangerous little critter right there!
    A gun can kill from distance... It's harder to throw a knife and kill with the same speed and precision. And you're South African... Wow. The population is 8 times as much but the amount of deaths related to firearms is nearly 2300 times as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I hate that saying. You might have a really nice Gun and I might consider it a challenge :P
    I have three. And I dare you. lol