Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

NO green fire but.. red effing banish?

Am I missing something here? I thought they don't have the technology to glyph different effects, that's why we don't have green fire as a choice? Dub tee heff?

Glyph of Soul Link is now Glyph of Crimson Banish - Your Banish spell is now red.

change 1 spell is easy. rework whole spell system with procs and dependencies between them is hard basically..
    But that's beside the point now....

Joke... Good joke Blizz.. First tease us with green fire and tanking possibility. After people got hyped about it - remove it/dismiss the idea...

And now give use the lamiest minors you can ever imagine.. >.>'

GG no RE >.>'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really EFFING MATTER!?

Who cares, seriously!? I dont ever see frost mages asking for red spells or shadow asking for yellow spells...

Incinerate = fire
    Hand of guldan = fire
    soul fire = fire

I dont see no green fire written in those spells.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    change 1 spell is easy. rework whole spell system with procs and dependencies between them is hard basically..
    But that's beside the point now....

Joke... Good joke Blizz.. First tease us with green fire and tanking possibility.
    someone actually thought a warlock would become a tank class... lol
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

More than likely they are testing the waters with a spell nobody cares about. If red banish works they will more than likely give you green fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post

Who cares, seriously!? I dont ever see frost mages asking for red spells or shadow asking for yellow spells...

Incinerate = fire
    Hand of guldan = fire
    soul fire = fire

The color of the fire depends on what is burning, there is no difference between green/blue/red fire it is just fire.

Was about to create this thread as soon as I saw the news.
    I believe blizz is trolling warlocks.

Again.

We're gonna have green fire for mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post

Incinerate = fire
    Hand of guldan = fire
    soul fire = fire

Warlock fire isn't fire.

It's demonic fire. Hence, green.

Its not that hard just do the swap yourself with a mini patch thing. Players do it easily blizzard could do it easily

Do people even want green fire? Or is it just 'cool' to say you want it? Or is it just something everyone can do some qqing about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Do people even want green fire? Or is it just 'cool' to say you want it? Or is it just something everyone can do some qqing about?
    I for one do not want green.
    Chaos bolt is ugly, so is fel flame... who really wants those? Im happy with purple and red

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Am I missing something here? I thought they don't have the technology to glyph different effects, that's why we don't have green fire as a choice? Dub tee heff?
    Blizzard is trolling us here. I thought the same F-ing thing :S Red Banish can be glyphed, but green fire cannot? Yh sure maybe it takes a little more time than say 5 minutes to make the basic fire spells green, but come on :S

Quote Originally Posted by Arcontes View Post
    Was about to create this thread as soon as I saw the news.
    I believe blizz is trolling warlocks.

Again.

We're gonna have green fire for mists.

Naah we won't.. Actually, I think Ghostcrawler found out that it was Warlock that killed his parents, not Paladin, and decided to ruin our lives/hopes instead... So prepare for nerffest and lame glyph and class changes, GC is about to unleash his nerfing fury... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    A large portion of the 'lock community has been asking for green fire since vanilla, myself included, a lot more just jumped on the bandwagon since blizz hinted at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green (or any coloured) fire isn't going to be a Glyph, it's going to be a reward for completing a class quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    A large portion of the 'lock community has been asking for green fire since vanilla, myself included, a lot more just jumped on the bandwagon since blizz hinted at it.
    You do realise that even if there was a thousand posts asking for it (theres no even that many), thats still a tiny, tiny portion of the overall population.

I see this a lot. A handful of the 'vocal minority' petition for something over and over, and everyone just assumes they represent the silent majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post
    Its not that hard just do the swap yourself with a mini patch thing. Players do it easily blizzard could do it easily

It would seem this is as easy as replacing a model with another model or sprite (or however they draw spell effects) I mean we can already glyph polymorph into a bunch of different things so obviously its easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    someone actually thought a warlock would become a tank class... lol
    They implemented 99% of it. So go moan elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Verdant Spheres
    The new Glyph of Verdant Spheres brings a little bit more green fire to warlocks with the visual Soul Shard counter.

Points @ Green Fire

Seriously be happy with your changes."A lame minor glyph for Banish" you say?They've changed everything about Warlocks in MoP and they still do.Almost every spell has a new visual even minor spells that most players wouldn't give a damn about.All your talents are great, you have new demons and you even have the option to sacrifice them in case you like playing solo.You got new lore and totally fresh mechanics in all your speccs (that have animations) and you'll probably get your flames soon too but all I see is Warlocks still not being happy...

"Joke... Good joke Blizz.. First tease us with green fire and tanking possibility. After people got hyped about it - remove it/dismiss the idea...
    And now give use the lamiest minors you can ever imagine.."??Want to see a lame minor?Glyph of Armors or Glyph of Ritual of Refreshment are LAME! Glyph of Crimson Banish isn't, it's actually a nice aesthetic CHOICE!And not being able to tank isn't lame when you get Dark Apotheosis and all the other changes Demonology has been though.I understand you want to have green fire and that is justified but you'll get them till the end of beta and you know it deep inside so stop complaining.

This is your expansion as Blizzard mentioned and doesn't fail to prove with every new beta build.Would you prefer green fire instead of all these changes you've got then?Relax and enjoy it since it's rare for Blizzard to make so many drastic improvements or in your case total transformation.