Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Human racial and pvp!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Human Racial and PvP
    The issue where players are changing to human to get the second PvE trinket is something that we want to address in Pandaria. Understand that we want the human racial to be appealing and at this time it is, but we feel that the main issue is that PvP trinkets do not compete with PvE trinkets well enough to validate their use over being human.

With PvP trinkets having PvP power and defense stats in Mists, they will be much better for PvP than the PvE ones. We would also like to introduce a greater variety of PvP trinkets to increase their appeal even further

We would really like to have a greater variety of PvP trinkets. This means that healers will hopefully have more trinkets to choose from too (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    What do you guys think about this? About time? Will people QQ to death? Discuss!

Please just remove the racial full-stop D: 80% of alliance pvpers on my server are human just for the racial -.-

Recently i noticed like 50-60 ppl from horde on my server transfered to ally and 95% of them are humans.. Welcome to human femalecraft :x
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

It's broken. But blizzard don't mind, because everyone's paying them $30 a pop for a faction change. Humans will probably be nerfed to the ground in MoP and some horde class will have a stupid racial so everyone transfers back.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    :: People play human to use OP PvE Trinkets
    :: Blizz change it so PVP Trinkets are more OP than PvE Trinkets
    :: Humans now have 2 PvP Trinkets that are more OP than the PvE ones
    :: This fixes the problem

:: Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    :: People play human to use OP PvE Trinkets
    :: Blizz change it so PVP Trinkets are more OP than PvE Trinkets
    :: Humans now have 2 PvP Trinkets that are more OP than the PvE ones
    :: This fixes the problem

:: Logic
    Hopefully they will change the racial since they are agreeing that it is stupid. He who waits on something good....

... always waits too long when waiting on blizzard to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Please just remove the racial full-stop D: 80% of alliance pvpers on my server are human just for the racial -.-
    And how is this any different from a year or 2 ago when everyone was undead for Will of the Forsaken?

Maybe they will make some awesome undead racial so ppl will transfer back to horde and pay 30$ again, it makes sense.. Its all about $$$ anyway.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

Deleted
    Quit whining about this already please people.......

The reason why this racial would be OP isn't because of pvp's fault, but of PvE-trinkets being ridiculusly OP in PvP, and they are going to correct it now with making PvP trinkets better.

And also, not all Human-pvp:ers transfered to it. I happened to like humans better when i first chose race. That was when they had Perception instead, so i have 4 human characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Quit whining about this already please people.......

The reason why this racial would be OP isn't because of pvp's fault, but of PvE-trinkets being ridiculusly OP in PvP, and they are going to correct it now with making PvP trinkets better.

And also, not all Human-pvp:ers transfered to it. I happened to like humans better when i first chose race. That was when they had Perception instead, so i have 4 human characters.
    But thats the thing. The racial lets them skip the cc-trinket which is the big problem here.
    If they dont fix the racial then humans will get 2 new imba pvp-trinkets instead and none of them being a cc-trinket.

THey need to remove humans cc-trinket racial for it to become balanced.

The only fair and balanced thing to do is to copy the model used in other MMOs for instance swtor.
    Give all characters a baseline cc-breaker and let everyone use any 2 trinkets they want.
    Make the racials a flavor-thing and not a gamebreaking matter.

Problem solved!
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2012-04-27 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Either that , or make the CC breaking trinket really good as well.

they should either:
    1) make human trinket baseline for all races and re-do the human racial
    2) make pve trinkets slightly similar to pvp trinkets, something like:
    400 hit + 2000 str/agi/sp on use, instead of 400 resilience + 2000 str/agi/sp on use
    IMO

Blizzard baffles my mind, this is a much more complicated way to attempt to fix the OP human racial than need be. I am all for better pvp trinkets, there is nothing wrong with options, for different play styles etc. But Blizzard needs to look at the human racial and see it for what it is, a game breaking problem. Horde BG losses have gone through the roof ever since the human racial was changed, almost all of the top PvPers and many of the decent ones are now humans. Fix this broken shit for real, give them a different racial and be done with it, THEN focus on more trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't the logical course of action be:

increase human racial so that its 1 minute slower cool down than pvp trinkets.
    Give human racial and pvp trinkets a shared cool down (i.e. if you pop trink and there is only 1 minute left on human racial CD, it gets reset to its full cool down duration)
    Leaving EMFH useful in pve situations, but handicapping your stun breaking abilities if you still choose to equip double pve trinkets in pvp.

Don't hate my logic, nearly all my characters are human. On most, I was human before EMFH was implemented. I like my racial, but I understand it is used to gain some OP pvp conditions.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Solution: Put more PvP power on the Insignia trinket. This way humans that use 2 PvP trinkets (the on use/proc) is balanced with the amount of pvp power on other races Insignia.
    this game sucks

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, Human Racial and Break Movement trinkets share cooldown, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also, at the start of Cataclysm (according to wowwiki) they put the Racial up to three minutes and it was quickly put in line with trinkets again.

It's not really OP, but for me I love it, even in PVE. Nice to have a CC Breaker in a dungeon. I didn't role Human because of the racial, I roled human because armour sets look good on them and they can fit through doors (Previously Undead/ Tauren).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

If the only solution is to make PvP trinkets more appealing, then humans will simply have 2 on-use PvP trinkets while everyone else only has 1 on-use + 1 insignia, which will still give humans a major advantage.

They need to fix the broken racial. That is all there is to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I roled human because armour sets look good on them.
    Not sure if serious tbh

They've already done a change to PVP trinkets in the beta.

http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=Gladiator%27s+Badge
    http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=G...r%27s+Insignia

As for the human racial: it's not that great, there's still horde in gladiator range, please stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They've already done a change to PVP trinkets in the beta.

http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=Gladiator%27s+Badge
    http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=G...r%27s+Insignia

As for the human racial: it's not that great, there's still horde in gladiator range, please stop whining.
    Of course it is. But look at this:

Top 16 teams on Vengeance. All ally. No, you're right. Human's not that bad.
    this game sucks