Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Maybe I should get 4 hours of sleep...

*8 hours later..*
    Welll i took from 1 am to 5 am, and now it's 5:31 am, a little caffeine helps me stay awake.

lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lot of testers are running into this whole ordeal where were getting an error as if were not in beta.

Anet is handing out some rather bs explaination saying we didn't order prepurchase but rather preorder....which is complete BS!

:[

Because you probably have pre ordered and not prepurchased then?

How did you buy your copy from the store/internetstore?

Few pics on highish settings, but most of them lowish - medium. Seems like medium is highest possible setting for textures atm? I guess thats because it is beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they fix some of the lag and latency issues.

Do I sound like a broken record yet?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I am 1 of the lucky few who have had almost no lag and latency issues at all, playing my mesmer with sword/offhand and i do just fine, even in big groups with lots of spell animations.

Guess i am just lucky

But that is probably why the game is down at the moment, to fix some of the lag.

If you guys are lagging log out for 5 minutes and log back in it fixed my lag completely. Currently level 17 necromancer using staff as first weapon set and axe/warhorn second weapon set. Loving necromancer skills but I am extremely disappointed I can't be a Minion Master like in the first game.

This is absolutely the worst beta communication I’ve ever seen – be it from Arenanet to Gamestop (or other retailers) and from Arenanet to their customer-base. It’s a false marketing scam when they are advertising pre-order (pre-purchase) entry into their beta and sending out e-mail inviting players to play, when in fact, they can’t play. The reply from a “Nick” from the Arenanet staff about the differences between Pre-order and Pre-Purchases (and how pre-orders don’t warrant access) is complete and utter bulls*it. I’ve never been so disrespected as a potential customer.

Please, just because it’s an error on YOUR companies behalf doesn’t mean you need to pawn it off as if it was an error on MY (or other customer’s part). Fix the problem, apologize for the error, and save-face. I’ve been through enough betas in my time to know a poor release and a failed execution, this is so much so that it’s aggravating.

On a side note, I have pre-purchased Tera and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 to give it a shot this afternoon (Friday, April 27) in hopes that my time with it may pull me away from what would be my stay with Tera. Due to Tera’s offical head-start beginning tomorrow, you have now lost that chance. I will be cancelling my pre-order and hope that, sometime in the future, this company is able to restore faith to it’s player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow servers already back up

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts Van View Post
    yo fencers.....wheres Lion's Arc?
    Go through the Asura gate in the garden at the top of DR.

I am only missing 2 points for LA. And yes, the diving board is awesome, ^____^

Servers are back up.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 11:54 PM ----------

If we transfer during this beta, will be still be able to do WvWvw?

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    This is absolutely the worst beta communication I’ve ever seen – be it from Arenanet to Gamestop (or other retailers) and from Arenanet to their customer-base. It’s a false marketing scam when they are advertising pre-order (pre-purchase) entry into their beta and sending out e-mail inviting players to play, when in fact, they can’t play. The reply from a “Nick” from the Arenanet staff about the differences between Pre-order and Pre-Purchases (and how pre-orders don’t warrant access) is complete and utter bulls*it. I’ve never been so disrespected as a potential customer.

Please, just because it’s an error on YOUR companies behalf doesn’t mean you need to pawn it off as if it was an error on MY (or other customer’s part). Fix the problem, apologize for the error, and save-face. I’ve been through enough betas in my time to know a poor release and a failed execution, this is so much so that it’s aggravating.

On a side note, I have pre-purchased Tera and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 to give it a shot this afternoon (Friday, April 27) in hopes that my time with it may pull me away from what would be my stay with Tera. Due to Tera’s offical head-start beginning tomorrow, you have now lost that chance. I will be cancelling my pre-order and hope that, sometime in the future, this company is able to restore faith to it’s player base.
    They clearly state PRE PURCHASE on their website so it is not their fault at all it is the consumers fault for not reading
    There is a huge difference for pre order and pre purchase. . People who pre purchase have faith in the games developers enough to pay the full price before it comes out. Only little kids had trouble figuring out the difference between pre order and pre purchase was it literally took me two seconds to realize the difference. Their communication is absolutely fine they are doing a fine job with the beta and even fixed some of the lag.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-04-28 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they updated the builds on atra luna.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

How can you cancel your pre-order if you pre-purchased?....
    Not sure what you got...
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-04-28 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    They clearly state PRE PURCHASE on their website so it is not their fault at all it is the consumers fault for not reading
    It's also the fault of the retailers for being intentionally mis-leading, while still technically sharing the correct information.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's also the fault of the retailers for being intentionally mis-leading, while still technically sharing the correct information.
    I've seen no intentionally mis-leading information at all. It has all been very clear. Ppl are getting exactly what Anet said...compare it to the recent MoP beta.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 04:28 AM ----------

Thanks Fencers Especially #4 with the 2 asura and the golem xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I've seen no intentionally mis-leading information at all.
    You think a retailer would be rather direct and ask their customers if they meant pre PURCHASE or pre ORDER, before completing the sale.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Thanks Fencers Especially #4 with the 2 asura and the golem xD
    LOL I tried to get the golem walking up the steps but it takes a second to process the screen shot for some reason. Anyway the golems have whole routines they go about during the night AND day.

Anet spent an incredible amount of time polishing their cities. There is a pillar with writing on it in LA, the characters are individually distinct and light up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You think a retailer would be rather direct and ask their customers if they meant pre PURCHASE or pre ORDER, before completing the sale.
    There wasn't a message coming up saying ur about to buy this which gives you this...but it was clearly stated in the build up...
    They very clearly stated what the differences are. The language wasn't overly complex or vague.
    I'm not a critical person at all by nature but if anyone just read the information very clearly provided they would have known instantly what they were getting.
    Just feel it's overly critical to think that the mere existance of two systems leads to justified criticism of Anet. Not saying that's what you said, but it seems to be the view of many. Ultimately, you get what you pay for...and if no one questions why they could pay less and get the same as those who pre-purchase....well. Plus, the information was right there in front of them...not like it was hidden in small text at the bottom of the page.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    LOL I tried to get the golem walking up the steps but it takes a second to process the screen shot for some reason. Anyway the golems have whole routines they go about during the night AND day.

Anet spent an incredible amount of time polishing their cities. There is a pillar with writing on it in LA, the characters are individually distinct and light up at night.
    Jelly factor 7, Scotty!
    Sounds awesome I saw the quote about Snaff earlier and I was just....wow, can't wait until end of May lol. Going to be devouring info later when I'm done with work.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-04-28 at 04:46 AM.