Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I don't remember the process, but do you link them before you create the GW2 account, or after?
    It asks if you already have a GW account. If you say yes, it will just give you a tag and a chance to change some stuff, like what mail emails are sent to (while your login might be another email).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    It asks if you already have a GW account. If you say yes, it will just give you a tag and a chance to change some stuff, like what mail emails are sent to (while your login might be another email).
    Ah okay, makes no sense for people to say that you should login with your GW1 info then if it's not any different from your GW2 log in info.

Anyway, just played a warrior to level 5, they are pretty fun, but when someone said melee was harder and needed more dodging, I have to disagree.
    I think that was me. Any tips? I was just back on my warrior and felt like I did a lot better around leve; 8 and by myself. Maybe it's just a little tougher in small-medium chaotic groups. Solo, especially 1v1, circle strafing seemed to do a lot of good--plus being able to cleave down the mob faster helps, lol

Still feels a lot safer to just sit back and longbow things to death, though, in groups at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I think that was me. Any tips? I was just back on my warrior and felt like I did a lot better around leve; 8 and by myself. Maybe it's just a little tougher in small-medium chaotic groups. Solo, especially 1v1, circle strafing seemed to do a lot of good--plus being able to cleave down the mob faster helps, lol

Still feels a lot safer to just sit back and longbow things to death, though, in groups at least.
    In groups it can be neat, but when you are ranged, you hate when things get's close to you, which they often do. As a ranger, personal story is quite challenging.

It also felt like I was really tough as a warrior, being able to take more hits and so.

Sorry for replying to something 6pages ago but I kinda was busy

For me Melee is quite fun (I test in PvP since you can actually notice the interskill reliance + you got everything available)
    And the only issues I had (with all professions) were simply using wrong combinations of weapons together.

So for instance at start I was using Sword/dagger + longbow on my ranger but it didn't feel all that amasing
    so I changed the dagger for an axe and all of a sudden I can hold my own in melee.

Same for thief but that was dagger/dagger + pistol/pistol changing to sword/dagger + pistol/pistol

Other toons were just built around being annoying as hell hammer war, "beefy guardian from hell who just won't die"

And after that you get to change your traits so if you notice you die hella fast, go get some defence.

angry joe had a good introduction video for the game pvp wise, and he is going to do another for pve.. i liked the video because it is good for a noob like me.

Everybody seems to love the necromancer, what's the secret?

Do you think a person who's never played the first game and mostly plays WoW would like GW2? I'm thinking about buying it but it seems really different. I wish I got into the beta to test it but even with watching the videos i'm undecided

Deleted
    Everybody seems to love the necromancer, what's the secret?
    Its fucking amazing, I would say bordering overpowered.

I've played a lock for 7 years in wow, so i was reluctant to try it out thinking it would be the same... it's not even close.
    This thing is a beast, amazing aoe damage, amazing single target damage, can go full support and just focus on debuffs/buffs, or full troll mode and go full lifesteal. Oh yeah, I haven't even mentioned dark shroud, whilst you're in that form, you don't take damage, and you deal a lot more, it's quite ridiculous.
    And all this is before level 10, so excuse me if it balances out later on, or in pvp, but i've only had 6 hours testing sadly due to work, 4 of which were spent on warrior/thief.

As for general opinions, I was really doubting it would live up to the hype sadly... but it proved me wrong, it is immensely fun and I'm going to hate myself for not spending more time on it today, but oh well, least I didn't spoil all the fun for when its released, and I even managed to give some quality feedback/report some bugs !

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelot View Post
    Do you think a person who's never played the first game and mostly plays WoW would like GW2? I'm thinking about buying it but it seems really different. I wish I got into the beta to test it but even with watching the videos i'm undecided
    it's totally different, a lot more reaction/skill based.

You will be strafing 99% of the time, and dodging(double tapping movement key) the other 1% as opposed to wow's "Stand still and nuke" tactics.

it is a pvp based game primarily, so if you're not interested in it, I wouldn't bother, but for some detailed info, read the sticky.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-04-29 at 05:28 AM.

You can always wait for trial or open beta if you have the patience.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    You will be strafing 99% of the time, and dodging(double tapping movement key) the other 1% as opposed to wow's "Stand still and nuke" tactics.
    So all spells are instant? i'm not sure how much i'd like that

now we know all of the dungeons and some of their armorsets + weapons:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post16621338

So all spells are instant? i'm not sure how much i'd like that
    No, almost nothing is instant, but the majority of spells and skills can be cast while moving.

I'm torn. I come to the higher levels on my ranger, but I also wanna try necromancer and/or mesmer. And time is of essence now.

Go to the mists. There's a huge asuran portal on the left side which warps you to the area where you can grab an asura gate to anywhere else.

How do I enter WvW, guys?

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:12 AM ----------

Oh and I also have a question... any ideas how to get to that point of interest?

Deleted
    Hi, just noticed a feature I hadn't seen before.
    You can play with your friends in PvP easier than I thought (and many others!).

If you got a friend in your guild or friend list you wanna play PvP with. Then right-click his/her name there and then choose "Join friend in PvP" and BOOM your in same PvP place

So I'm in the Font of Rhand at the end of the Flame Legion Battles meta-event line, and in a room with a Frozen Chain object and a tiny ledge that I can leap off of, but I can't seem to grab or activate it. Is there a trick to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    I had an issue with this too. Hit H to get to your hero window, select the PVP tab, and hit the "Go to the mists" or whatever option. It puts you in a tutorial field, play through that real fast and then you will exit into the mists. First asura gate on your left should be the gate to WvW (there's a sign post to help).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:12 AM ----------

Oh and I also have a question... any ideas how to get to that point of interest?
    Underground, my bet would be go down that triangle with arrow above it.. also if you open map, you can choose lower/middle/top layers bottom right, map window

ETA: Have lots of high rez screenies will choose some tommoz after beta finishes so you can all see how awesome this game looks (i hae every thing on max inc shadows

Got my hands on my first ele fire sword today.. haha awesome fun.