Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why are people so protective of Sylvanas?

It seems, despite her unpleasant personality and disposition, people always come to the defense of Sylvanas and her well being over other faction leaders. In particular, when she's insulted or the thought of her dying comes to light, people rush to try to defend her case. And other than the obviousness of an Alliance zerg on Garrosh, people seem to always go and save Sylvanas from the said raid, in comparison to Lor'themar who is right next to UC.

Discuss.

Pretty much just because she's female. She's also the only female faction leader (Tyrande stopped counting awhile ago.).

That and they just sort of like her character, I guess.

People like tsundere's.

Why are people so against her is the real question. Most of the time its people from that play a different faction or race that complains about it.

We want Lor'themar to actually be a character that does something but we can not force blizzard to do so. He is basically just someone holding space and only doing things in short stories/out of game stuff. Garrosh is the only thing that has changed the horde. Sylvanas only change is she now uses the forsaken as a shield against death instead of arrows against death. She needs them to survive so she can survive.

Gilneas was taken because Garrosh wanted it taken. He would have done it himself by sacrificing the Forsaken but Sylvanas stepped in and said no to that.

Garrosh is going to be corrupted while Sylvanas is still doing the things she did when she was alive. She has not changed much except she is part of the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    People like tsundere's.
    idk why, i love this comment even though alot of people won't get why...

My Life for sylvanas...

ppl who play forsaken for lore reasons love their queen without question, she saved us, and we owe her. i can think of no better reason to defend her.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Alliance are raiding.....

Silvermoon: Meh, I guess I'll go watch.

Thunderbluff: If I hurry I have a 25% chance of stopping them, I probably won't make it in time

Orgrimmar: Defend the Warchief!

Undercity: OMGWTF man, Hurry and defend the Banshee Queen with your life! (Sets up anti-raid group and uses HGWT)

"It's not as simple as you think it is, it's also not as complicated."

I like her because she represents the forsaken perfectly.

Because she has boobs and because emo teenage boys relate to her really well. Its really the only reason I can think of. Shes so poorly written and played out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    idk why, i love this comment even though alot of people won't get why...

is it cause you're so smart, bro? or because not everyone studies japanese character development...or gives a fk.

anyways.. moot point, the comment is right; alot of people do love a nice, hot harda**.

that didnt sound as dirty in my head :s.

Deleted
    Because she has boobs.

Our lady should be the leader of the horde. She is the embodiment of what the horde should be. Taking land form the alliance, wanting to have it all and will stop at nothing to get what is rightfully hers. She escaped the liche kings grasp and now has no fears. Our lady will put a arrow through garroshs heart if hse has the chance. ..... I dont know many people that like garrosh, my server doesnt even defend him when the alliance kill him. Garrosh was a mistake, needs to be taken out back and shot, and hopefully someone with the true vision of the horde will take up the throne as warchief. If it is not Lady Sylvanas, atleast make it Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    My Life for sylvanas...

ppl who play forsaken for lore reasons love their queen without question, she saved us, and we owe her. i can think of no better reason to defend her.
    Even if this...."poster" is joking.

There are people that are really like this...it's....almost creepy. They devote life to a video-game Character.

I love some video game characters myself....but NEVER enough to say "My life"
    Last edited by Sylaria; 2012-04-29 at 03:27 AM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Deadmedic said, you will only know what Sylvanas mean to us, playing as Forsaken... idk its like you do really feel pride of begin a Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylaria View Post

There are people that are really like this...it's....almost creepy. They devote life to a video-game Character.

He was talking as if role playing.

Why do people like varian? Is it the haircut? Bros love that ponytail.

If you were twisted into a Banshee, you'd have a bit of an attitude at times too. Besides, she's got it where it counts, especially in those ICC 5 mans.

Deleted
    I think that poster is speaking for his character.

By the way, she is one of the best faction leader and her story is undone. Blizzard states something about Turalyon and Alleria (which doesn't know anything about the fate of her sister). Besides Vereesa is "sympathyzing" for the horde, she isn't anymore the High Elf full of hatred in Dalaran. And finally, with Vol'Jin, has something suspended with the "So-Called-Warchief".

Can we stop having these threads and just accept different people like different things already? I like Sylvanas very much as a character in a videogame, she's been my joint favourite with Illidan since Warcraft 3. That doesn't mean I'd like her if I met her in real life. If the story in the game were totally full of morally correct, nice guys like Tirion and Jaina (both characters I'd be happy to hang out with if they were real people) it would be completely boring. We need shades of grey to make things interesting (please don't tell me how you think she's less grey and more black now, don't care, already discussed it to death). I'm a Forsaken player and I get into the lore pretty heavily. Sylvanas helped us out, whether she did it for selfish reasons or not doesn't matter, we're still around (not to mention becoming one the major powers on Azeroth) because of her so we've got her back. Simple as that.

Also because it's nice to see a female character in a fantasy setting absolutely refuse to take any shit from anyone and kick copious amounts of ass without her man having to step in and bail her out like some other pointy-eared racial leaders. People can pull the cynical hardass routine and think those who like the character are just a bunch of sex-starved necrophiliacs if they like and I'm sure a lot of them are considering the amount of pantsless, metal thong Sylvanas fanart that exists but for the rest of us it's normally something a little more than that.

To be honest a big reason why I like her is more because of what she might become in the future. I think there's more to the Banshee Queen than meets the eye but I guess time will tell if I'm right or if she'll join Garrosh on our future raiding list.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salandrin the threads you make are getting very tiring. You already asked what happened if Sylvanas died, why did you make another one questioning why people are protective of her. This is repetition at its best.

All your threads are pretty deeply anti-Horde, and it's getting boring.

You JUST made a thread asking what would you do if Sylvanas died.

Just because you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for makes it inane to start another thread because you don't want to challenge the idea in the other one.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-04-29 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylaria View Post

Isn't "My life for Sylvanas" what undead NPCs say? I doubt he means it literally.