Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    And apparently asking for a reason is too much to ask for.
    Oh well, in this situation the subject is best changed.
    Subject Change incoming!

Did anyone else get the feeling that rangers MISSED something? I didn't get to try any other profession on a "high" level, but I keep getting this feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I got to play 7 proffessions to level 10-15 each, and my god is it hard to pick 1 i love the most (did not get to try elementalist).
    See I did the same as you. Going in I thought that the Thief was going to be for me. But who would of thought that the Elementalist (thought i would hate the class before the beta weekend) would be my all out fav to play. Scepter/dagger was so much fun!! Stance dancing at its finest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Woah, I should know better than to go out for breakfast, it seems. I'm astounded that out of all the complaints anybody might be able to plausibly have, it would be about the Trading Post, which is absolutely brilliant. Like... there's opinions and criticisms, and then there's straight up head scratchers; I literally cannot think of anything wrong with the auction system.
    I think you'll find that the problem he has is in his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Subject Change incoming!

Did anyone else get the feeling that rangers MISSED something? I didn't get to try any other profession on a "high" level, but I keep getting this feeling...
    Pets were buggy. Maybe that was it?
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    Subject Change incoming!

I think the feeling you had is the fact that the rangers class mechanic is not working as it should and that creates a void in the game-play to actually feel complete. That being said, i have played my ranger up to level 15 and despite the problems i did enjoy it and i hope we will see some fixes by the next event

Quote Originally Posted by Solcor View Post
    I think the feeling you had is the fact that the rangers class mechanic is not working as it should and that creates a void in the game-play to actually feel complete. That being said, i have played my ranger up to level 15 and despite the problems i did enjoy it and i hope we will see some fixes by the next event
    Really? Did Arena Net say it was "broken"? In what aspects?

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Pets were buggy. Maybe that was it?
    Pets set me of the first 10 levels, but later they could take more hits, and when I got two pets and could swap them for more up time, it was okay. But the controls kinda sucked, I felt disconnected to my pets movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grrr if they don't update the gw2tools soon ima go crazy. I think I've developed some kind of theory crafting addiction, and if I don't get my fix I start suffering withdrawals. OH THE HUMANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Grrr if they don't update the gw2tools soon ima go crazy. I think I've developed some kind of theory crafting addiction, and if I don't get my fix I start suffering withdrawals. OH THE HUMANITY!
    Theorycrafting? What's to theorycraft? I just pick the weapons and utilities like I want.

But reminds me, the greatsword on a ranger seemed so much better than a sword+anything else, even though I found the sword abilities fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theorycrafting? What's to theorycraft? I just pick the weapons and utilities like I want.

But reminds me, the greatsword on a ranger seemed so much better than a sword+anything else, even though I found the sword abilities fun.
    idk, it's just a hobby. I like messing with different builds and what not. By the way, was the longbow for ranger any good? How fast did you kill things with it?

Well yes, but if you take a bunch of minion damage skills on a necro and no minions you're still an idiot.
    There is still more ideal builds than others for the playstyle you're going for. Lol.

Deleted
    Really? Did Arena Net say it was "broken"? In what aspects?

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 05:42 PM ----------

Arena Net have admitted long ago that there was a problem and they are trying to fix it, the "broken" is what i feel.

The pet AI is derpy atm and i believe this is the root of all the problems. Pets are our professions class mechanic but if they dont stay alive for more than 2 seconds there is a problem. When i was out in PvE if my pet would most of the time die to 1-2 hits (i dint have a bear but i heard the could take a bit more) unless i used my heal (waste it more like it) and then it could live up to 3 hits, just in time to actually decide to use the f2 ability.
    I read from some people that if you speced in beast-mastery the pets could become very useful but that is the bad thing, unlike a necromancer (where minions is an added choice and if you want to spec in to it you can do it) a rangers pet should not need to be speced in order to be effective because it is our class mechanic.

Deleted
    I noticed a lot of folk stopped bothering to even revive their ranger pets, as it was more of an inconvenience than not. I felt too guilty to do that.

I raised a bug report re: the swiftness of pet death combined with the frequency of revive.

Deleted
    Yeah the time it takes to revive it is for some reason even longer than a regular player so at day 3 i actually stop caring about it and let it do its walk of shame .
    At least if you got 2 pets you could swap them(on a timer) and they would be at full health, so that made it a bit more tolerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those who tested rangers... how was the longbow? Were you killing things really quick with it? And despite pets dying a lot, did they do decent damage?

@Solcor: Not that I don't believe you, but where/what is the source/quote/article/other?

Longbow was good actually, very balanced in damage too, also i found out that you could just swap pet in combat and it would ress the 2nd pet you had.

And also, after i got a Boar, it got a lot better than when i had the tiger, but the pet AI was really bad at times, and other times it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    To those who tested rangers... how was the longbow? Were you killing things really quick with it? And despite pets dying a lot, did they do decent damage?
    Longbow was fun. I'm not sure exactly how much of the damage the pet did.

Deleted
    Speaking for myself, i did not notice my pets damage because it just kept dying the moment it went anywhere near an enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Well yes, but if you take a bunch of minion damage skills on a necro and no minions you're still an idiot...
    That's more common sense than theory crafting. But with the huge scope of different abilities and combinations of weaponry at peoples disposal theory crafting will likely turn the game into a chore for alot more people than it did for games like wow and swtor. I for one started theory crafting a bit in wow when i had time to raid hardcore, but there is absolutely no way i'd even try to bother doing it in GW2. Obviously there will still be theory crafting, but imo i think they'll be a much smaller % of players that do it compared to the other games.

Well yes, but if you take a bunch of minion damage skills on a necro and no minions you're still an idiot.
    There is still more ideal builds than others for the playstyle you're going for. Lol.
    I would level my way to my perfect build.