10+ Year Old Account

Rumble, any opinions?

I bought him and I didn't do so well in my first 2 or 3 games, but after that I just roflstomped people who ever dared come near me, it's like the learning curve for Rumble is hard and I still think I have a tad bit more to learn about him but he just seems so nice to play once you pick up how to play him. I honestly find that when I first learned Anivia it has helped me with characters that have similar difficulty in the future but Rumble was something different.

Anyways what are your opinions of him?
    Hey everyone

He's a joke to play and destroys most bruisers top. What's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    He's a joke to play and destroys most bruisers top. What's not to love?
    Well I don't believe he is a joke to play initially and to actually play him efficiently isn't as easy as it looks.
    Hey everyone

He's one of those champions that are kinda medium-difficult to start, and hard to master. Really rewarding if you can play him right.

He's one of my favs next to Gragas and Gangplank.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Well I don't believe he is a joke to play initially and to actually play him efficiently isn't as easy as it looks.
    When you get into heat management yea he starts to get hard to master but I rage bought him one day after getting raped by him. My first 3 games I could tell how terrible I was doing but it didn't matter because LOL FLAMETHROWER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    When you get into heat management yea he starts to get hard to master but I rage bought him one day after getting raped by him. My first 3 games I could tell how terrible I was doing but it didn't matter because LOL FLAMETHROWER
    He knows the secret of the flamethrower... Shh be quiet nobody should know other than us rumble players.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Flamethrower zones melee trying to last hit hard. He's like a Garen that is actually useful lategame. He's a yordle and I fucking hate them though, so I'll never play him probably. His death animation is amazing though.

Rumble...every time i see a riven first pick solo top i smile , Riven...you're mine!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Rumble...every time i see a riven first pick solo top i smile , Riven...you're mine!
    Pretty much this.

Rumble is a top 3 solo top pick. Very difficult to counter, can harass from range, beefy w/ his W, ulti is sick in team fights, and best of all...gives your team 2 sources of AP damage.

What counters Rumble, anyway?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Pretty much this.

Rumble is a top 3 solo top pick. Very difficult to counter, can harass from range, beefy w/ his W, ulti is sick in team fights, and best of all...gives your team 2 sources of AP damage.

What counters Rumble, anyway?
    Yorick, harass & last hit with ghouls. Keep Rumble slowed & can spawn ghouls to block harpoons.
    WW w/right runes & masteries can literally chill through flamethrower and win trades, but even without them once he grabs some MR good luck pushing him out of lane.
    I've won most of my lanes with Renekton also, but that's mainly because Renekton is a lane-dominant champion who wins nearly every match-up.

Deleted
    He has the most annoying laugh in the game.

Seriously.

Deleted
    I've recently started playing WW top and I didn't find him that difficult to trade hits with because of WWs sustain, though I'm only around the 1400 elo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    What? Properly played Riven is probably the hardest melee matchup for Rumble (next to Yorick), especially if she rushes hexdrinker. It's pretty much a "who mistimes their abilities first" scenario.

Rumble pops flamethrower? Q in after it fades, aa, W, aa, valor dash out.
    Riven chases with Q? Shield away, harpoon harass when she turns.

Am I missing something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    What? Properly played Riven is probably the hardest melee matchup for Rumble (next to Yorick), especially if she rushes hexdrinker. It's pretty much a "who mistimes their abilities first" scenario.

Am I missing something?
    No, not really.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

i hate rumble, enough said

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post

Am I missing something?
    How is riven supposed to not take Flame dmg if she's trying to CS? I lost my lane as Riven to Renekton hardcore, then next game got owned by Teemo, and then the game after that it was Rumble. Lost lanes all three games.

Yeah, personally, I don't see how Riven is gonna win that, unless the enemy Rumble/Renekton/whatever is stupid or just not having a good day.

Not saying Riven is bad, but Rumble should trump her soundly.

Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    i hate rumble, enough said

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 05:43 PM ----------

How is riven supposed to not take Flame dmg if she's trying to CS? I lost my lane as Riven to Renekton hardcore, then next game got owned by Teemo, and then the game after that it was Rumble. Lost lanes all three games.
    Valor's shield scales better (base is higher and it's +1AD vs. +.45AP/second on Rumble) than ~2 seconds of flamethrower damage. If you take a full 3 seconds of danger zone flamethrower then yes, Rumble will hand you your torched butt on a platter. 2nd second of flamethrower I'm going to poke back with valor. If he's smart he'll W away and try to E poke me as I retreat. Typically that means an overheated yordle if he's trying to stay in danger zone for more flamethrower damage. It's all about timing abilities for both players.

I didn't say it was a counter. I said it was Rumble's hardest melee outside of Yorick which happens to be an even matchup assuming equal skill.