Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"Suspicious Character"

I logged onto my freshly 85 Paladin last night, and just as a do I saw, what looked like, an NPC "Suspicious Character". He was hiding behind the General Goods Vendor in Nordrassil. He looked like a blood elf and was red but didn't appear to be attack-able. As soon as I tried to click on him he vanished.

I asked the guild about it and no one seemed to have any input. Then I searched the forums and didn't see anything.

Anyone know anything about this? Part of a quest or phasing? Maybe pre-MoP things happening like the earthquakes before Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a screenshot someone can see?

No, he disappeared quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by INDY720 View Post
    I logged onto my freshly 85 Paladin last night, and just as a do I saw, what looked like, an NPC "Suspicious Character". He was hiding behind the General Goods Vendor in Nordrassil. He looked like a blood elf and was red but didn't appear to be attack-able. As soon as I tried to click on him he vanished.

I asked the guild about it and no one seemed to have any input. Then I searched the forums and didn't see anything.

Anyone know anything about this? Part of a quest or phasing? Maybe pre-MoP things happening like the earthquakes before Cata?
    dont play on private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to check that place again and try to get a SC , and can you tell us the expecive place

Deleted
    prob a addons of yours , or its just that uve played on private server and it still bugged on retail wow

for an example: me and my friend were playing and we were doing lv 20 dungones when suddenly a GREEN sword drops , and then my friend in skype is like OMG GIVE ME THE SWORD PLEASE PLEASE and i was like what the hell fine?, then he sent a picture of his screen and the weapon was for lv 55+ and look liked the one in dk starting area and had the colour of , heirloom items ( yellow grey ish )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrophis View Post
    dont play on private servers.
    >.< noone that plays on Private servers will post here...., i guess it happened in the MoP Beta

It was US Dark Iron. I wouldn't even know how to get on a private server.

It was in the NE building in Nordrassil. My hearth is set there. So I had hearth'ed and logged out facing the Vendor. When I logged back in he was there for only a second. I'll keep my hand hovered over the SS next time I log in.

Deleted
    WowHead and WoWWiki have nothing on this, so either you found something truly special, have made a mistake, or made that up.

If what you say is true, OP, this is something I will have to check out for myself, that sounds...well...suspicious.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm inclined to believe you've made this up OP :P I'm sorry

Deleted
    Random Gm appeard maybe? it do happen sometimes? or has it happen many times or just this once?

10+ Year Old Account
    or it was just a belf rogue that vanished when he saw you :s

Oooh...intriguing.

Side note: I have the WotLK item in my bag that makes me "Haunted". Always play ignorant when someone sees the specter following me. =)

I can understand the skepticism. I'll keep an eye out. In the mean time perhaps someone else will see something similar and find this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I checked the armory for any playernames resembling "suspicious" on Dark Iron (US). Nothing there either.

Maybe you were just sleep-deprived and seeing things, OP?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    its one of these reasons:

1. A addon made so it looked like it
    2. Blizzard made something wrong
    3. Bugg
    4. Your lying
    5. You were stoned

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If it was something new they quietly added as some sort of pre-MoP shenanigans it might not be in wowhead. Not saying that's what it was, but, you know, it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    If it was something new they quietly added as some sort of pre-MoP shenanigans it might not be in wowhead. Not saying that's what it was, but, you know, it's possible.
    Checked mop.wowhead too, more likely that something woulda had been picked up there. Nothing.
    And even still, of all places to have a pre-MoP event thingamajiggle, or even something surrounding Theramore.. why a blood elf in Hyjal?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.