Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] I don't get dupstep..

I still don't know what dupstep is. All I really heard is the radio 1 dubstep and it all sounds the same..

Why is it so popular?

I just don't get it..Is it just another scene like nu-metal? And skrillex is the Limp Bizkit?

EDIT: I came off a bit ignorant in my first post, I don't hate any music, except david guetta (though when i see videos of people in crowds singing dubstep i want to punch a kitten)
    Last edited by mmocd853c8f1c4; 2012-05-02 at 08:32 PM.

Farting you say? Looks like you watched South Park.
    I don't get it myself as I'm not a fan of it either but to compare it to fart sounds is a bit ignorant if you ask me.

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub *BOOOM* wubwubwubwubwub

Yeah I don't get it either. I think by the end of the decade actual honest to goodness musical instruments will make a big comeback though.

Deleted
    I'm not all for Dubstep but I like it when played in a movie action scene.

It's probably a good thing if you don't get it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I like it myself compared to the old stuff like trance, I get so sick of uhn tis uhn tis lol. To me, it's got alot of bass, and the beat is almost amorphous so it keeps me entertained (if it's good of course). Love the new Korn album, some Skrillex is okay, but shit like bassnectar or whatever is just bad; and way to quote South Park lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's 15 minutes of uhn tis uhn tis, state of trance style...

Nobody likes it. It's just part of the music industry's continued attempts at trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicross View Post
    I like it myself compared to the old stuff like trance, I get so sick of uhn tis uhn tis lol. To me, it's got alot of bass, and the beat is almost amorphous so it keeps me entertained (if it's good of course). Love the new Korn album, some Skrillex is okay, but shit like bassnectar or whatever is just bad; and way to quote South Park lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's 15 minutes of uhn tis uhn tis, state of trance style...
    Industrial > All

As far as electronic music goes. /thread

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Nobody likes it. It's just part of the music industry's continued attempts at trolling us.
    This also. I think it would be awesome though to start a wind and brass ensemble that uses actual instruments to remark dubstep crap though.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-05-02 at 07:02 PM.

I don't get rap, but you don't see me complaining.

Different people, different tastes.

Talking

I don't like Dubstep, most of it just doesn't even sound musical. My mind was slightly blown when I heard this track though. So, I guess not ALL dubstep sucks.
    Last edited by Dezeria; 2012-05-02 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

just like nobody likes nickelback? lol dont get me wrong, i have no interest in it either, but some people somewhere apparently like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Deleted
    Yeah its terrible I cant stand it, worst genre of music iv probably ever heard tbh.

See also; 80's pop music.

I like dubstep, (almost the only kind of music i listen to) why do i like it? no clue. i just think it sounds awesome
    Different ppl, different taste i guess.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Its like we're listening to a robot taking a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    I still don't know what dupstep is,
    Yes you do
    what it SOUNDS like is someone farting into a microphone and manipulating the sound in Logic.
    opinions are like assholes, they fart into microphones, or something along those lines.
    Why is it so popular?
    different strokes for different folks
    I just don't get it
    again, yes you do.
    Is it just another scene that will (hopefully) bugger off, like nu-metal? or is it actually..music...
    It is just another "scene"...like with EVERY SINGLE GENRE OF MUSIC EVER INVENTED, lol

I'm not the biggest fan of dubstep myself. I like Skrillex, but not any more than I like tons of other artists, and much less than I like some...what I'm sick of, though, is people like the OP who think anything they don't like is worth making a big fuss over.

I love SOME dubstep. Gets me amped up. I also hate some dubstep, just like with every other genre of music I listen to.

Deleted
    Dubstep is for hipsters and I dont get it either. Every electric music is automatically dubstep to me, yeah Im so ignorant bastard and I flame everybody who listens electric music as hipsters because it all sounds same to me.

I like some dubstep. I also dislike other dubstep. It's about knowing what to listen to within a particular genre of music.

Deleted
    i didnt get any of the music trends which come and fade all the time

wubwub