Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It amuses me that so many people are against a 200 mount achievement just because you won't automatically get it when you login on the first day. The key word here is achievement, as in achieving something. There is nothing wrong with working towards 200 over a long period of time, there has been a ton of mounts found thus far and the beta is still very young.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    the main problem I have with mount counts that i really dont like, is it does have bias on class. Paladin get an extra 3 mounts, DKs and Warlocks get an extra 2. So Ive always felt each class should get the same amount or just make the exclusive ones available to everyone, similar to when they removed the race restrictions on racial mounts.
    Yea I hate diversity in games too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It amuses me that so many people are against a 200 mount achievement just because you won't automatically get it when you login on the first day. The key word here is achievement, as in achieving something. There is nothing wrong with working towards 200 over a long period of time, there has been a ton of mounts found thus far and the beta is still very young.
    This so much.

People that claim "omg RNG is so bad" yeah ok perhaps when talking about stuff with 1 week lockouts like ashes, but a ton of mounts is just some dedication or grind. Slabhide/altairus mount for example can be done without cooldown (apart from 5 per hour), so how about you go and do it if you want it? Seriously can't talk about RNG here. Yeah sure some will have it in 10 or less kills, some will take 200 or more kills, it's still grindeable and soloable for a lot of classes by now (and if not, grab a friend who is interested).
    Currently at 145 mounts, with 3 "rares" as in 1 store mount, alysrazor mount and 1 brewfest mount. On the other hand still missing 5 meta-raid achievement mounts, 1 DMF mount, 1 dark talbuk, etc.

Edit: whether 175 or 200 should be implemented depends on how much they'll add, though a lot have been datamined already so looking good for collectors out there.

I would imagine they're going to add it, it's simply too fun to collect mounts. I think they're holding off until MoP goes live to reveal it, though. I do agree with a lot of the posters though, I don't think it should be 150, I think it should be 200... anyone who has been following the beta knows that there are a ton of new mounts, not to mention when MoP goes live, VP (H) and SC will be solo-able (SC almost is already). I have 142 mounts on live, I've stopped trying for TLPD and poseidus out of boredom though.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    the main problem I have with mount counts that i really dont like, is it does have bias on class. Paladin get an extra 3 mounts, DKs and Warlocks get an extra 2. So Ive always felt each class should get the same amount or just make the exclusive ones available to everyone, similar to when they removed the race restrictions on racial mounts.
    In the new beta patch, the "account-wide mounts" feature has pally, dk, and lock mounts going to all characters... so all you need is a character of the appropriate race/class to the appropriate level to have the mount. I'm not sure if this is going live (I don't know how I feel about my druid riding a dreadsteed) but I hope it does for the same reason... and I like the pally kodos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofhearts3026 View Post
    not to mention when MoP goes live, VP (H) and SC will be solo-able (SC almost is already).
    What class exactly are you that you can't solo those 2 yet? Mounts drop on normal too btw.

there should be both 150 and 200 mounts achievements definitely

anyway there are like 203 mounts in total (including those you can't get now) and there are guys with 194 mounts already http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=19&r=&w=&n=

Deleted
    Is it easy to get 150 mounts? maybe if you spend you money on blizz store have the Card mounts = spend more money, have the mounts no longer available, etc

You need to be realistic here the achievement must be possible without buying stuff with real life money, old mounts that are no longer available and RAID <1% drop rate mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    You need to be realistic here the achievement must be possible without buying stuff with real life money, old mounts that are no longer available and RAID <1% drop rate mounts.
    And YOU need to do some research before claiming random statements. All the people that claim 150 is impossible at this time without super rare drops from raids, spending real money in store, TCG mounts or mounts that are no longer available are people that probably haven't even tried. Or haven't even checked what mounts are really available.
    If you don't want to go kill Skadi once a day ofcourse you won't get the mount randomly mailed to you. If you don't want to do Argent tournament dailies ofcourse you won't get the 15 or so mounts from there by other means. If you don't want to do anything, you won't get mounts.

Link me your armory if you want and I'll give you the remaining mounts you need to reach 150 without having to spend real life money or traveling back in time. In before "oh my god that is too much effort" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still Beta, things will change over time. And I'm sure there will be another achieve on the way =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Lol...

If they make a 150 then they would make one for 200 as well.

Don't get why everyone would think otherwise, or is against more achievements... 150 is not a small amount of effort in any way, and with a 200 as well the people willing to spend real cash on mounts, or have played longer with more access too older mounts, and time to make the gold needed for AH TCG purchases, can have even more recognition

I find it really weird to have a couple mount snobs up in here wanting them to skip a whole teir (which should have been put in already) for the achievement just so they can feel a little more special and deny others. No reason both can't be implemented.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-05-04 at 07:24 PM.

they shud have an acheiv for havin ALL possible mounts.... jus sayin.

since they already doin pokemon, i dont see why this would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    And YOU need to do some research before claiming random statements. All the people that claim 150 is impossible at this time without super rare drops from raids, spending real money in store, TCG mounts or mounts that are no longer available are people that probably haven't even tried. Or haven't even checked what mounts are really available.
    If you don't want to go kill Skadi once a day ofcourse you won't get the mount randomly mailed to you. If you don't want to do Argent tournament dailies ofcourse you won't get the 15 or so mounts from there by other means. If you don't want to do anything, you won't get mounts.

Link me your armory if you want and I'll give you the remaining mounts you need to reach 150 without having to spend real life money or traveling back in time. In before "oh my god that is too much effort" though.
    As if grinding all your faction reps; Netherwing, Kurenai, Skygaurd, Cenerion, Hodir, Wyrmrest, and Ramkahen reputations. Running 6 heroic dungeons and 6 raids every day/week praying for low chance drops, sitting for endless hours waiting for 3 rare spawns of rare spawns, organizing and running 7 raids for meta mount achievements, running countless days through the darkmoon fair, opening crazy amounts of bags hoping for a white bear, farming gold for profession and purchasable mounts, spending days upon days in the argent tournement..... I'll stop there, I missed soooo much as well

All that is not deserving of a damn achievement... All just a walk in the park.

It almost hilarious seeing some of the snobs here. Some I even know, vanilla players, with close to 14000 points amassed who have spent 7 years farming mounts, claiming 150 "easy" because they have it already, and not even by much.... Yeh...
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-05-04 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people who want a 200 mount achievement acting like those who want a 150 mount achievement are whiny 8 year olds who just want free epics when they log in? There should be an achievement for getting 150 mounts, it requires hundreds of hours to obtain, not even counting how long it can take if you have shitty luck on drops(see my character). There should also be one for 200, seeing as how the two guyz with the most mounts in the world currently will hit 198, and 201 once the account wide mounts goes through, assuming they pally has a DK and warlock, and assuming the rogue has a pally, dk, and lock. depending on how many they are adding in mists(which is supposed to be quite a few), they should also add ones for 225 and/or 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Just did a count and the breakdown is as follows (for purpose of this discussion, any mount that is NOT a guaranteed drop is considered an RNG mount, including both Arch mounts and the Sea Turtle; any mount that is guaranteed to drop from a boss, even if you lose the roll on it, is NOT considered an RNG-mount in my example, like the Black/Twilight Drakes; DIFFICULT/subjective grind mounts whose completion is does NOT change with RNG, such as the Black Talbuks and the War Wolf are NOT considered an RNG-mount in this example, either):

7 class-specific mounts
    5 profession mounts
    15 TCG mounts (which *are* BOE)
    6 RAF/SOR/Battle.net mounts
    128 non RNG-based mounts
    # RNG-based mounts (too lazy to count these, heh)

Thus, the maximum number of mounts that a non-Paladin, non-Warlock, non-DK can acquire without any RNG-drop mounts or any TCG/real money mounts is 128+5 = 132 (YES, if you're a serious mount collector, you can suck it up and grind new professions). If we throw in the TCG/real money mounts (though, personally, I think it is infeasible for MOST mount collectors to collect EVERY TCG mount), it becomes 128+5+15+6 = 154.

So, in conclusion, 150 mounts IS obtainable without ANY RNG-based mount collecting. HOWEVER, it requires a LARGE amount of real money spent to collect 21 TCG/real money mounts, and, in the end, still does NOT leave much room for leeway... thus, I would definitely NOT call collecting 150 mounts "easy". But it is also NOT impossible!

(Side-note: It's highly unlikely that any serious mount collector would have ZERO RNG-based mounts, but, for the sake of argument, it IS possible.)
    (Second side-note: MoP is adding so many mounts that all this becomes trivialized; I am only speaking with regards to the ease of completing this speculative achievement RIGHT NOW.)

Also, to those who DO NOT WANT a 150 Mount Achievement... Why not? It would be another free mount for you, perhaps putting you closer to your goal of 200.
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2012-05-04 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    As if grinding all your faction reps; Netherwing, Kurenai, Skygaurd, Cenerion, Hodir, Wyrmrest, and Ramkahen reputations. Running 6 heroic dungeons and 6 raids every day/week praying for low chance drops, sitting for endless hours waiting for 3 rare spawns of rare spawns, organizing and running 7 raids for meta mount achievements, running countless days through the darkmoon fair, opening crazy amounts of bags hoping for a white bear, farming gold for profession and purchasable mounts, spending days upon days in the argent tournement..... I'll stop there, I missed soooo much as well

All that is not deserving of a damn achievement... All just a walk in the park.

It almost hilarious seeing some of the snobs here. Some I even know, vanilla players, with close to 14000 points amassed who have spent 7 years farming mounts, claiming 150 "easy" because they have it already, and not even by much.... Yeh...
    Thanks for proving my point. You went from "it's not possible without XXX" to "I know it's possible but takes too much effort". Not a lot of people in this thread claimed it's easy. Yes it does take time, grind and dedication. Claiming it's impossible though is silly, and not wanting an achievement for it because you won't get it automatically day of logging in even more so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. You went from "it's not possible without XXX" to "I know it's possible but takes too much effort". Not a lot of people in this thread claimed it's easy. Yes it does take time, grind and dedication. Claiming it's impossible though is silly, and not wanting an achievement for it because you won't get it automatically day of logging in even more so.
    Not sure if he edited one of his posts, or if we are even reading the same things, but i can't find a single time when he said it was impossible, and i have especially not seen him say that they shouldn't put one in for 200 mounts either. But please stop acting like 150 mounts is easy to get, because you know just as well as i do that it isn't, and no matter how many mounts you have, you can't tell me that you would not have a large number of them without a decent stroke of luck. becuase no matter how many times someone goes and kills that boss with that 1% drop, they may never see the mount drop by the time their server gets shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Deleted
    Lol messed up 2 people my bad.

Anyway never said it was easy. Doubt people would claim that. What does this have to do with the discussion though? 250k HK aint done overnight either just to give an example.
    2 of my mounts afaik are "luck" in the meaning that they are not hard farmeable (alys and brewfest kodo). How long has Setthek halls been out for example? Let's say you started farming 2 years ago or something and droprate is 1.7% it seems. Chance of getting it by now is 99.9996%. So yeah, you're right, for this mount specific, 4 out of every 1 million people can complain. Most low drop rate mounts take dedication, and not getting it by now is either a statistical anomoly or means you haven't tried hard enough (talking about the ones without weekly cooldown). Combining anomolies like that over different mounts is even way way less likely to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Also, to those who DO NOT WANT a 150 Mount Achievement... Why not? It would be another free mount for you, perhaps putting you closer to your goal of 200.
    I dont think anyone said they dont want the 150 achievement, more so they said they dont want it to end at 150 especially with MoP coming out and a whole nother batch of mounts being released. We need to see the final MoP figure but number closer to 200 seems more accurate. As the other person said 250 HKs isnt a quick acheivement either it takes dedication, but it is totally plausible given time. Mounts arent all that different really