Thread: DS is boring

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heroic is nicely tuned I suppose, although it's still boring.

Frankly, if I'd finished 8/8H (which I haven't because I'm shite) I wouldn't still be playing... I find the fun is in the initial kill. The farm is just dreary grind like 99% of the rest of WoW.

Deleted
    Currently progressing on Madness HC and to be honest it wasn't the most amazing tier ever, but it wasn't that boring. I might say this though because I had a blast killing Spine Heroic yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding, in its essence, is fun, no matter the grind. It all comes down to the group you're with.

Although I have to admit the current tier was poorly designed. And 8 bosses is way too few bosses for an end expansion tier. But we already discussed that months ago.

I feel you, but those threads are completely useless.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Deleted
    Dude, I came back to WoW about a month ago, I already think it's a load of crap.

Went back and did FL though, that was a damn fine raid.

I am doing it on a number of characters now and I am still having fun.

I agree, it really is boring. Actually, I think it's mostly just... dry. Kill a few trash mobs -> raid boss -> kill a few trash mobs -> raid boss, yes other raids are like that too but the story around DS is laughable at best, environment is uber boring and imo, it's too small. ICC was so much better (well, for the first 6-7 months at least, plus it was fun to pug the other lockout).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyim003 View Post
    Anyone find DS incredibly boring now?
    Any raid would get super old if you did it 6 times a week for 6 months, though i have to say that ICC, though being gated, was far more sustainable than DS. Hell we played ICC for what a year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyim003 View Post
    Anyone find DS incredibly boring now?
    I found DS boring instantly. I will put that down to a raiding burnout for me though, as I raided solidly for sometime.

It's been out for a while now and every raid has gotten boring after a while, so it's not surprising or new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I agree, it really is boring. Actually, I think it's mostly just... dry. Kill a few trash mobs -> raid boss -> kill a few trash mobs -> raid boss, yes other raids are like that too but the story around DS is laughable at best, environment is uber boring and imo, it's too small. ICC was so much better (well, for the first 6-7 months at least, plus it was fun to pug the other lockout).
    yeah it would be badass if they added cooler trash or just cooler trash environments. i am fairly sick of the gauntlets and pull 5 waves bullshit.

like imagine if while running up to morchok the entire time he is hucking MASSIVE boulders at your raid that do the same as the elementals boulders just with LOS.

well what i am trying to say is that, they need to make trash intuitive and fun, more like flame leviathan trash. instead of making it kill the group of 5 monsters before you get to the boss just to slow you down.

i feel like the immersiveness i had once loved about wow is LOG LONG dead...

mostly i think its all attributed to LFR, instead of making LFR brain numbingly easy, they could have added the option of Normal LFR or even heroic. ALSO they could have added a 10 man option. I find that all too often we need at least 1 pug and we are stuck with noobs with alts or just trade trolls. i would love to be able to use LFR to get a decent person to fill that roll.

Dailies too, dailies and LFR killed this game and all of its immersiveness..
    Last edited by Wolfshark; 2012-05-04 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it is boring.

I loved it on the PTR and for like a month after starting progress with guild on it, but after that month the fun went away very fast. In the aesthetics, there are way too many recycled things, and while it is okay as a concept/experiment, in the end the let's-go-to-200-different-places-instead-of-a-dungeon didn't appeal to me, ESPECIALLY that Cata didnt have a SINGLE "epic raid dungeon" style raid, á la Ulduar, or ICC. (BoT got the closest but it was way too small)

Boss mechanics themselves are mainly ok and so was tuning before the buff/nerf but the two end bosses were pathetic. Spine is terriboring and took a fucktons of time in the beginning as it was rather unforgiving and now as farm, it is just a nuisance and Madness is underwhelming. Killed it in like 10 pulls (HC that is), that means he went down faster than Sinestra (who also went down on one raid night).

I did like it better than FL though, mainly because although Ragnaros was an amazing endboss, most others in that raid sucked totally and I find the elemental shit to be the worst area of lore for WoW (I can't even give a reason, it just is) so a huge monotonous outdoor place full of elementals annoyed and disinterested me.

ICC was going on my nerves a LOT too in the end but let us not forget that we had ICC for more than a year, and with my old guild we cleared it much slower than DS with Group Therapy now. Most of the time was spent on LK HC which after like 3 months, was quite annoying but at least made us look forward to something and the instance was much better designed with a really cool atmosphere and vibe (though it could have been a LOT better!).

In my opinion, DS is the worst final raid this far. I thought ICC was kind of uninspired and bland as well, but it's way better than what we got in Cataclysm.

Sure, the "fun" factor in raiding is in the group and the people you're playing with. I can see where they were going with this outdoor-style raid, with Wyrmrest Temple being the most important place for all dragons and stuff. But having a raid (a very important one, I might add) in a zone that we've already exhausted for like 2 years didn't really work for me. I can't help but feel that the developers had a way more grand and impressive idea when they first started planning the final raid, but ended up doing DS due to lack of time/resources/motivation.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2012-05-04 at 07:50 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I was bored of it before I even finished my first run... though that was on raid finder, so my opinion doesn't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    You know what? ICC got boring, too. I know, mind blowing!

On a more serious note, ofc, EVERYTHING in WoW gets boring when you do it for 6 months, always the same thing.
    Raids like Karazhan and Ulduar didn't really got that boring after 6 months, Ulduar didn't even last 6 months sadly...

Dragon Soul got boring after the first week, not after 6 months. Even ICC could atleast last out for 4 months after all the gates have been opened

Yes. And now people can't say I haven't downed it all heroic. It was boring before we even tried heroic.

it was boring to me when it was first released.

Dragon Soul is a very lazy and uninspired raid, and Blizzard skimped on pretty much every aspect of it including the patch trailer. Easily one of the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    I agree with BondGirl. Majority of people who claim it is boring are not good enough to do the heroics and in that case I would get bored of doing retard style LFR and normal version. The other people who find it boring are ones that have cleared it on heroic and are done till MOP. At this point any player with marginal skill could join a guild and clear Heroic DS in less than a month.
    This isn't the entire playerbase. Amongst other player types there are also good players that end up raiding with shit players because the truly good guilds are full. Constantly wiping because of other peoples mistakes certainly is not fun, speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    I agree with BondGirl. Majority of people who claim it is boring are not good enough to do the heroics and in that case I would get bored of doing retard style LFR and normal version. The other people who find it boring are ones that have cleared it on heroic and are done till MOP. At this point any player with marginal skill could join a guild and clear Heroic DS in less than a month.
    You're confusing Time Investment with Fun.

Just because someone hasn't clearned it on heroic, and has blown through it normal and LFR, dosn't mean heroic is going to be fun. 95% of the mechanics are the exact same, with just more damage output from the boss.

Not fun, same ol' boring stuff. Just harder.

It was pretty boring after the first two weeks. Now the only thing left for fun is the heroic progression (6/8), after we get to 8/8 I can see probably 3-4 more runs for fun and finishing off people's drake achievement and the group will stop going.

Deleted
    If you dont like DS anymore join OpenRaid and make some fun raids