Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm mainly going to see this trailer on the big screen, as I've already seen it multiple times on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a spoiler inc. It's just a quote, but an awesome quote at that.

I can't be the only one who got a massive boner when the Hulk showed up and Captain America said, "Now would be a good time to get angry." Then the Hulk said with slight smile, "That's the secret Captain, I'm always angry." then commences to transform on command and punches that thing in the face. If I go see that movie again, I'll probably have to wear a condom the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Kind of a spoiler inc. It's just a quote, but an awesome quote at that.

I can't be the only one who got a massive boner when the Hulk showed up and Captain America said, "Now would be a good time to get angry." Then the Hulk said with slight smile, "That's the secret Captain, I'm always angry." then commences to transform on command and punches that thing in the face. If I go see that movie again, I'll probably have to wear a condom the whole time.
    He simply faceplanted it into the ground Yh Avengers is really great, was still a little bummed that Wolverine wasn't in it, but we got Hulk for brutality and Ironman for one liners so they make up for it. The Hulk vs Loki thing was just hilarious XD talk about being smacked.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-05-04 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    You concede that the plot was bad but think it's no big deal because it's 'only a super-hero movie?' Just wondering.
    The way I see it, superhero movies are more about fan service than anything else. I've seen movies with a worse story than The Avengers, but still, the story isn't incredible, and it isn't the main draw for the story.

Hell, the stories for all these movies are at least partially based on the comics in the 616 and 1610 universes. To anyone that's experienced with Marvel, it's fairly obvious what will happen next.

For example, based on the ending of The Avengers, I can pretty safely say that Avengers 2 will follow the plot of Thanos' first attempt to take over the Earth personally by stealing and using the power of the cosmic cube. Then after Avengers 2 the post credits scene will probably be the Sanctuary 2 recovering Thanos at the center of the universe, thus foreshadowing the Infinity Gauntlet event for Avengers 3.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-05-04 at 08:06 PM.

I've just seen it. It was way better than expected, but the overused amount of bad jokes did hurt the movie a lot for me.

And the ending looks almost a copy paste of the ending of Transformers 3. The same city got under attack by robots, like in this movie. The heroes were imba enough to one shot them all. There was a magical glowing thing opening the gate etc... it was all too similiar.

Still, The Avengers beats Transformers 3 by MILES. Michael Bay deserves the same treament Loki got from the Hulk :P

How was it?

EPIC AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    but the overused amount of bad jokes did hurt the movie a lot for me.
    I thought the movie was by far the funniest "super hero" movie I have seen. What jokes are you referring to?

P.S. Somebody for the love of god make a gif of Hulk smashing Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The way I see it, superhero movies are more about fan service than anything else. I've seen movies with a worse story than The Avengers, but still, the story isn't incredible, and it isn't the main draw for the story.

Hell, the stories for all these movies are at least partially based on the comics in the 616 and 1610 universes. To anyone that's experienced with Marvel, it's fairly obvious what will happen next.

For example, based on the ending of The Avengers, I can pretty safely say that Avengers 2 will follow the plot of Thanos' first attempt to take over the Earth personally by stealing and using the power of the cosmic cube. Then after Avengers 2 the post credits scene will probably be the Sanctuary 2 recovering Thanos at the center of the universe, thus foreshadowing the Infinity Gauntlet event for Avengers 3.
    It's basically just representing comic book events in a movie. Anybody calling a superhero movie story bad probably doesn't like superhero comics either, basically (unless it's legitimately a poor representation like Ang Lee's Hulk or Batman and Robin)

I haven't seen it (yet!), but that's what it sounds like. That's why the Dark Knight was awesome, why Arkham City is awesome, why Watchmen was awesome, and why the first two Spider-Man movies were awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I'm mainly going to see this trailer on the big screen, as I've already seen it multiple times on youtube.
    Oh WTF! The theater I went to had absolutely no previews before the movie. I thought that was supposed to be tied to the Avengers this week.

Avengers was on par or slightly behind the first Iron Man movie as far as Marvel comic book movies go. Pretty great. Maybe a touch too much humor, but it was never distracting and always flowed well. RDJ is still the absolutely perfect casting of Tony Stark. Mark Ruffalo was fantastic as Banner. Much better than the Ang Lee movie and better than Ed Norton although I enjoyed that movie. He was an excellent replacement and I hope he sticks around for the role for the rest of the movies. Damn good movie. Would recommend. Would even see again in theaters.

Also I found it hilarious how many people wanted 2d over 3d. I went to the movies for a 3:10 EST showing. I got there about 2:40 and was literally the 8th person in line buying tickets all of which were buying Avengers tickets. When presented with the option of waiting the half hour for the 3:10 2D show or going to the 3D show starting at 2:50 every single person chose 2D. It was beautiful. Die in hell post production 3D. Avengers is going to make a frigate load of money this weekend. It was 3 on Friday and there was 70-80 people in the theater I was at in a relatively small town and that is with there being no less than two concurrent viewings of the movie either there or at the theater across the street. Haven't been to a movie that busy in the early afternoon in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's basically just representing comic book events in a movie. Anybody calling a superhero movie story bad probably doesn't like superhero comics either, basically (unless it's legitimately a poor representation like Ang Lee's Hulk or Batman and Robin)

I haven't seen it (yet!), but that's what it sounds like. That's why the Dark Knight was awesome, why Arkham City is awesome, why Watchmen was awesome, and why the first two Spider-Man movies were awesome.
    Sorry for being a bit off-topic but the Watchmen was not your typical super-hero movie. I wouldn't even classify it as such with the likes of Batman or Ironman, Spiderman etc. The Watchmen actually had some pretty deep topics and social commentary running in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    This was by far the best super hero movie ever, The epic feeling of everyone in the theatre going crazy the whole movie was just awsome. Not to mention how epic it was when the first secret ending came up.

Did anyone else feel like hawk eye deserved much more after watching the movie? He was pretty bad ass at the end of the movie. I found captain america kinda useless along side black widow at the end. Seemed to me like Hawk eye deserved way more attention, i think he deserves his own movie.
    I was surprised how useful Hawkeye felt. As for Cap, well it was about what I expected. His character is out of his element in massive fights like that where the tech is so vastly superior to his incredibly basic arsenal. He can't fly, he is strong but not insanely strong. Compared to all the other heroes he is mediocre at everything rather than having one specific area of strength. He excels at being the glue guy for the team though. He is the best sort of leader for a group like that since he is grounded and doesn't lose sight of the real folks they are trying to protect rather than just trying to blow stuff up or smash it. His superpower is leadership.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 08:44 PM ----------

Sorry for being a bit off-topic but the Watchmen was not your typical super-hero movie. I wouldn't even classify it as such with the likes of Batman or Ironman, Spiderman etc. The Watchmen actually had some pretty deep topics and social commentary running in it.
    Uggh. That reminds me that they are coming out with Watchmen prequels. I hope those don't suck and tarnish what may be the best social commentary in the form of a comic ever.

Saw it, though it was incredibly good.

Honestly, it's the best comic book film I've seen. Including Nolan's Batman films (I'm actually getting worried about the final film in his trilogy, last couple of trailers have felt a bit over-egged).

The Avengers was simple, but at it's core it had a stong cast of charismatic, and different characters. The action scenes themselves might not have been technically much better than, say, Transformers, but the characters were likeable, which made the action much more engaging, unlike Michael Bay's recent films which have been boring as I had no emotional investment in the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was surprised how useful Hawkeye felt. As for Cap, well it was about what I expected. His character is out of his element in massive fights like that where the tech is so vastly superior to his incredibly basic arsenal. He can't fly, he is strong but not insanely strong. Compared to all the other heroes he is mediocre at everything rather than having one specific area of strength. He excels at being the glue guy for the team though. He is the best sort of leader for a group like that since he is grounded and doesn't lose sight of the real folks they are trying to protect rather than just trying to blow stuff up or smash it. His superpower is leadership.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 08:44 PM ----------

Uggh. That reminds me that they are coming out with Watchmen prequels. I hope those don't suck and tarnish what may be the best social commentary in the form of a comic ever.
    Depends on who's writing it and to what end. Prequels to anything worry me though, and it's really a self-contained story, so... well, here's hopin'.

Yeah, I just put it there with 'comic book adaptations.' It's got the basic superhero premise, just turned on its head and twisted.

i have love all the movies they have come out with other than spider man they suck. and i was i at mid night release and i love the movie i love humor

Loved the "preview" after the credits lol >.<

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

The entire thing was amazing, and it was probably the best movie I have seen since the Lord of the Rings came out, no joke, I cannot think of a movie I have enjoyed more since then, and I wasn't even expecting The Avengers to steal the year for me for movies, it just might.

Every actor played their role phenomenally, and each time a character had their time to shine they really did shine. The humor actually really helped the movie because it kept you engaged while there was a grimness as well during parts of it. Everyone was awesome, especially the Hulk, he didn't have many moments, but his scene near the end was perfect and amazing and had the entire audience cheering.

This movie is everything I expected and more.

Big fan of the movie. I really like how they got the relative strength of the characters accurate. Finally, they show Hulk for the true badarss he really is.

I did not expect much going in to the theatre. I was just hoping it would be decent and that it would not suck.

I was pleasantly surprised at how all the different characters(with very strong characteristics ) fit together. It was definitely a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've just seen it. It was way better than expected, but the overused amount of bad jokes did hurt the movie a lot for me.

And the ending looks almost a copy paste of the ending of Transformers 3. The same city got under attack by robots, like in this movie. The heroes were imba enough to one shot them all. There was a magical glowing thing opening the gate etc... it was all too similiar.

Still, The Avengers beats Transformers 3 by MILES. Michael Bay deserves the same treament Loki got from the Hulk :P
    First off Transformers 3 was in Chicago not New York. Secondly the enemy in Avengers were aliens not giant robot aliens, just normal aliens. And yeah the heroes are "imba" that's the point! Also the aliens are just grunts in an army not super heroes too, just random soldiers. It was nothing like Transformers 3 just because they both have aliens as the main antagonist doesn't make them the same.

Just came out. Loveeeed it. Definitely has the "summer movie" feel to it, but not in the obnoxious Transformers way.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8