Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I hate rehashed places. I hate playing on an environment(includes mobs and places) that I already played before regardless of mechanics. I don't mind same weapon or armor models, mechanics, quests etc. It's just rehashed environment ruins my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't mind rehashing all that much. It was nice to do ZG and ZA once more. I never got to do Naxxramas during vanilla, so that was fine too. No doubt that I will enjoy doing SM and especially Scholomance in MoP. Many good memories from them.

I wish we saw Karazhan again, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That is where I stopped. BC gear the most transmogged gear there is. It is better than the stuff they do now and the statistics prove that.

I quit Cata (1st time) at the ZA/ZG patch. Tried them and it made me sick to know that was what my subscription money was going towards.

More rehashing is my #1 problem with WoW right now. Not saying they are lazy, just that I think rehashed content sucks.

The statistics prove only that more people transmog BC raid gear. Most people don't like the classic raid gear. LK raids can be a bit difficult to impossible to solo for the average player. BC raids, for the most part are easy to solo. If I could solo Ulduar or ICC with ease every week I would be in there farming for gear on multiple toons. The fact is it is much harder than the BC content, that is why it is the most transmogged.

Does anyone remember when T5 was released. Every player especially Paladins hated the Pally T5 I know many that refused to roll on the tokens becasue no one wanted to be the purple power ranger. I see many of them running around in it now. Is it because it is that much better? It is because it is that much easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The largest most successful MMO in the world that should have the most resources and they rehash so much...Shouldn't really be any excuses.
    You act like they have to cater to your expectations. They don't.

Defending rehashes is like defending series reruns on TV channels. It's ok every now and then but people will just tune out if you do it constantly like Activi$ion Bli$$ard do.

A good rehash is a good thing, it speeds up development as they're not having to create new assets. Zul'gurub was a good rehash, while ZA Was terrible.

Likewise reusing gear models is a good thing, as it speeds up creation time and uses less resources that can be spent elsewhere.

The Zul rehash was bad, only because ZA ruined it. I enjoyed the new ZG but the new ZA is just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I wish we saw Karazhan again, too.
    Please, no. Blizz are batting 50/50 with their rehashed raids, and I'd rather them not potentially cock up what was once the best raid until Ulduar's release.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-05-05 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to creating new content and things to do, Blizzard is gradually remaking and refurbishing the older parts of the game; updating some of the best stuff so that it's relevant at the latter stages of the game.

I don't see it as particularly lazy. Brand new content takes longer to do. Re-using existing assets to tell a different story or to construct a different fight is fine by me.

We can't ever know for sure how it works at Blizzard HQ, but the obvious work that has been done to things like to the 1-60 redesign, DarkMoon Faire and MoP generally is anything but lazy.

It's best to assume that those that rant about rehashes are at heart really mostly interested in eye candy and much less interested in the main point of the game. In any case, some things don't work out. That holds true for both reused and new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Defending rehashes is like defending series reruns on TV channels. It's ok every now and then but people will just tune out if you do it constantly like Activi$ion Bli$$ard do.
    You do realize the reason there's series reruns on TV is people love those shows even though they're old and dated, right? That's precisely one of the main reasons Blizzard's been doing theirs.
    Other than plain recycling, which usually crops up in the form of art assets like bosses that don't warrant a unique model or gear, rehashes remind people of the good times while giving them something new to do. I'm sure at least a few people though Firelands was cool just because they got to see Ragnaros again, while SFK and VC were popular because they continued the lore of old favorites.
    When a series runs its course, a lot of people are left wanting more. "But what happened to this guy? Where'd this story thread go?" They're often left with a lot of questions, and Blizzard expanding on these old characters and stories is just another way to keep people coming back, for the stuff they fell in love with in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Personally rehash can be used in 3 ways.

Rehash for the story - Like using Dragonblight. It fit because of the importance Wyrmrest Temple has to the aspects.
    Rehash for easy - Like the Zuls. Just done due to being lazy.
    Rehash for time - Like using old gear models when leveling, it's something you'll replace soon so why make 10,000 new models.
    You do realize that the "Zuls" rehash was also because of the story and because people just liked those dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You do realize that the "Zuls" rehash was also because of the story and because people just liked those dungeons?
    you do realize that you just broke the mmo champ guide lines by necroing this tread.

Deleted
    I hate rehashes. But only certain ones, I loathed the day they revamped Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub, I loved the original raid, why delete them???? Okay, by all mean introduce higher level versions but why delete the old ones?

It's like..it's like if Lamborghini made a new car, and recalled all their old classics and said, "We made a new version of the car using the ideas and designs of our old cars, we are just gonna bin all these old classic, great cars, which people love"

It's complete and utter sacrilege.

As for Boss models I'm not keen but its understandable in some cases, one case I don't like is the use of such a boss as Lord Marrowgar, he was so cool and he was the front man of my favourite raid Icecrown Citadel, only to be reused but with a different colour in the
    Halls of Origination.

I'm not a fan of reused voices and noises for bosses and dungeons... Pisses me off lol.