Quote Originally Posted by Secant View Post
    What is a good 2v1 top champion? I'm playing in normals while leveling up, and its very common for one team to have a jungler and the other not to. A lot of times I have trouble 2v1, and lose a tower earlier than I'd like to. It seems like Vlad may have a good kit for dealing with 2v1? Any other thoughts that could be played well 2v1 or 1v1. Thanks!
    dr. mundo is also a good 1v2 champ. As well as Nautilus.

Deleted
    Oh my god, stop this game before it breeds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    dr. mundo is also a good 1v2 champ. As well as Nautilus.
    I'm not too sure about Naut, actually. If he's against two champions, they'll be able to take down his shield very quickly.

Deleted
    heya guys, lately i´ve been looking at buying Fizz. i understand he´s a pretty good mid champ, is he good in any other lanes aswell? am i right in thinking he sort of fills the same role as morde? bruiser AP type, so he could go top too? or am i totally off which other champ would you compare him to if any? cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a great jungler too. He's the jungler I didn't want to mention early on, as he's very rarely used in that role. He can do top and mid as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, here is my situation

I only played Annie until i got to level 30, and then i realized she would suck for ranked games (low survivability, no escape abilities besides flash)
    Ive played against bots with Tryndamere, Yi and Mordekaiser

So i went and played Vayne on normals, and i have done a pentakill and some quadras so far :P, but the deal is that i want to know at least 1 good champion of every role before actually stepping on ranked games.

So i got AD carry covered with Vayne. But now i want some suggestions for champions. I need to master a jungle champion (ive played warwick and fiddles jungle), an AP champion (again,annie, but a ton of people told me not to use her on ranked), and a Tank/Support

The champions i own are Alistar, Annie, Ashe, Fiddlesticks, Master Yi, Mordekaiser, Taric, Tristana, Tryndramere, Vayne and Warwick.
    Note: I dont mind buying new champions, even the 6300 ones, as long as they are good decent champions :P

If you want a good jungler, try Udyr. He should be free now, and he's awesome.

Ashe is a good AD carry, but if I remember correctly, she depends on a good team, so I wouldn't play her in solo queue. Graves is a solid choice, and quite popular. Otherwise, you're set with Vayne, tbh.

Taric is a good support for those that can get a bit close. Otherwise, all supports are good in some way. Easiest ones are probably Soraka and Sona.

Mordekaiser is already a pretty solid AP mid, though he's a bit different than some others. I would recommend Ryze, Morgana and Ahri, but those are banned a lot. Brand and Nidalee are both free, so you can try those two.

Oh yeah, if you also want a Solo Top champion, you can try Udyr for that too, he's solid for that. Otherwise, Renekton is a really good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    If you want a good jungler, try Udyr. He should be free now, and he's awesome.

Ashe is a good AD carry, but if I remember correctly, she depends on a good team, so I wouldn't play her in solo queue. Graves is a solid choice, and quite popular. Otherwise, you're set with Vayne, tbh.

Taric is a good support for those that can get a bit close. Otherwise, all supports are good in some way. Easiest ones are probably Soraka and Sona.

Mordekaiser is already a pretty solid AP mid, though he's a bit different than some others. I would recommend Ryze, Morgana and Ahri, but those are banned a lot. Brand and Nidalee are both free, so you can try those two.

Oh yeah, if you also want a Solo Top champion, you can try Udyr for that too, he's solid for that. Otherwise, Renekton is a really good one.

Yeah ive wanted to try Renekton from some time ago, and Udyr does look fun.
    Ill start with those 2, thanks for the help

10+ Year Old Account
    You want more than one option for a lane. Your main choice might get banned or picked by the other side and you want a back up at least.

So no, just Vayne won't do you just fine for AD.

If you're gonna pick another AD carry, I suggest Graves. He's pretty good.

looking for a good mid, and support.

for mid i already own annie, veigar, ahri, morgana and lux. my favorite by far is lux.
    i'm debating between Orianna, Cassiopeia, and Viktor. I've played all 3 on free weeks and found them all difficult - leaning towards Cass just because she's so strong.

support, all i own of the true meta supports is janna.

any suggestions? Leaning towards a rune page for support, Cassiopeia, and Sona. Lulu looks fun too tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    looking for a good mid, and support.

for mid i already own annie, veigar, ahri, morgana and lux. my favorite by far is lux.
    i'm debating between Orianna, Cassiopeia, and Viktor. I've played all 3 on free weeks and found them all difficult - leaning towards Cass just because she's so strong.

support, all i own of the true meta supports is janna.

any suggestions? Leaning towards a rune page for support, Cassiopeia, and Sona. Lulu looks fun too tho.
    Lux is just plain bad choice for mid.. She's just horrible compared to others. Veigar is only good against someone who lets you farm till late game. Orianna is horrible, Annie has really nice nuke, Viktor has nice sustain, but from my experience he is just lacking some stuff. So CassiOPeia is the best choice, she can outlane and outlast almost any mid champ and is really strong from early, through mid to late game, only big negative you will find yourself pushing a lot.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Lux is just plain bad choice for mid.. She's just horrible compared to others. Veigar is only good against someone who lets you farm till late game. Orianna is horrible, Annie has really nice nuke, Viktor has nice sustain, but from my experience he is just lacking some stuff. So CassiOPeia is the best choice, she can outlane and outlast almost any mid champ and is really strong from early, through mid to late game, only big negative you will find yourself pushing a lot.
    yea i should have clarified - i like playing lux the most, i find myself getting outlaned and sometimes outright killed mid by the better mids, but Lux is just too fun with lasers. I do feel she is very weak though compared to the top choice mids these days.

I played Morgana a bit and learned to not push to hard with her when needed - does Cass have the same inherent "push" from her kit as morgana does?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    yea i should have clarified - i like playing lux the most, i find myself getting outlaned and sometimes outright killed mid by the better mids, but Lux is just too fun with lasers. I do feel she is very weak though compared to the top choice mids these days.

I played Morgana a bit and learned to not push to hard with her when needed - does Cass have the same inherent "push" from her kit as morgana does?
    You tend to harass a lot with your Q and miasma and it tends to hit creeps as well, that's why you sometimes find yourself accidentally pushing.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on where you place the poison. She can shove lane extremely quickly and as a good ganker, it's often a decent idea to do so. Nice trick is to shove the lane and then appear to go down while waiting on mid to follow you and just murder them in the bushes.

As to the above response: I -feel- you might be playing down Orianna a bit much. She's not the best pick, but horrible is overdoing it. She offers a lot of utility and can lane fairly well and safely. Seen her on quite a few featured spectator games now and she generally does well. Do feel she's picked more to supplement a team than having a team support her.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-05-06 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Should I save my points for Varus or take Ahri??
    Anyway I saw some posts saying "Two totally different roles" but because I'm a bit new to LoL (lv23, playin' assassins only) I don't really see the difference (though I bought Lee Sin and it's a bit hard jungleling :v)

10+ Year Old Account
    Different characters play different roles, meaning they go into different lanes (generally), have a different sort of build, different playstyle and have a different role in teamfights.

You shouldn't think of all assassins the same, just because they say assassin. I mean, Teemo is marked as support, what's "support" about him?

Again, if you want an AP champion or AD carry, that's up to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You should buy riven for the bunny skin

I have been debating buying some champions lately with my spare IP. so I was thinking I might dabble with graves,how fun is he to play?
    His q and r combo is pretty funny, at least for me. If you hit fast enought the enemy will not even notcie when he died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Hi guys, here is my situation

I only played Annie until i got to level 30, and then i realized she would suck for ranked games (low survivability, no escape abilities besides flash)
    Ive played against bots with Tryndamere, Yi and Mordekaiser

So i went and played Vayne on normals, and i have done a pentakill and some quadras so far :P, but the deal is that i want to know at least 1 good champion of every role before actually stepping on ranked games.

So i got AD carry covered with Vayne. But now i want some suggestions for champions. I need to master a jungle champion (ive played warwick and fiddles jungle), an AP champion (again,annie, but a ton of people told me not to use her on ranked), and a Tank/Support

The champions i own are Alistar, Annie, Ashe, Fiddlesticks, Master Yi, Mordekaiser, Taric, Tristana, Tryndramere, Vayne and Warwick.
    Note: I dont mind buying new champions, even the 6300 ones, as long as they are good decent champions :P
    Annie is a good mage, she has got a 3 damaging spells, great stun and lane farming. Dunno who told you about her being weak but do not trust them, really.

I also do not recommend playing one champion each lane. It is better to master 5 ad carries then 1 mage,1jungler,support and solo top. What if your champion gets banned ? You will take second support ?

Deleted
    Imo:
    Top: Yorick, Irelia, Lee (Vladimir)
    Mid: Cass, Ryze, Kennen (Mordekaiser, Talon)
    Bot AD: Vayne, Graves, Kog'Maw, Corki
    Support: Alistar, Janna, Soraka
    Jungle: Lee, Mundo, Amumu (Maokai, Shyvana)

Between () slightly alternative. IMO safe/popular tops for the lanes.
    Annie is OK, just too bursty, doesn't really have sustain in teamfights and Veigar does better at burst.