@Rad586
    So you think Cell was taught his techniques then?

I always thought they were part of him. Nothing was taught to him through machines. He was simply formed from cells and grown. That he is a living embodiment of every DBZ character. That he even had their memories(through cellular memory) up to the point the DNA was gathered, that is why he could do the techniques. Because he remembers how goku learned and does the Kamehameha wave, or Piccolo and the special beam cannon...etc. This is also why he knew their personalities so well, because he is them. He doesn't even seem to be programmed with a purpose next to be becoming the strongest and most dominant warrior. I always thought that was because he was Frieza and King Cold and had tons of Sayain genes. It made him act that way. Get what I'm saying.

I like what your saying though. One thing bothers me about it though. Cell isn't a machine. He's not like the androids where Gero can mathematically analyze ki blasts then plug the numbers into them. How would he teach them to Cell? I would think that if cell didn't naturally have his abilities he would of had to of trained and honed his skills somewhere first after he learned about them. You think future Trunks or Gohan would of noticed in that timeline if that was happening.

Edit: Wonder if Gero considered Cell his son? Odd the lack of restrictions or purpose like the androids. Gero knew he would be dead so he made something to carry on his legacy and need for dominance.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-06 at 12:50 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Homophobic implies a latent homosexual. Not to mention your question. And aside from that there's more between the lines that what you present at face value, whether you realize it or not. That's not putting words in someone's mouth. Either way, no he's not. And you still aren't providing any proof.

It's almost as if you've forgotten.

Well, if you watched anime you would understand. You don't need to learn how a character takes a shit, nor what his favorite food is, nor what how well his vision is, nor what color his socks were that one special christmas eve. You learn enough from a character in the show, and what isn't given leaves room for speculation and, more often than not, presents enough information for you to discern a character's story. Hell, Mami from Madoka Magica gained a cult following in three episodes and you can deduce her entire backstory and character from them.
    Actually, I think I know where to place you.

You just seem upset that people here like DBZ, while it's garbage in your eyes compared to other anime. You're some kind of anime elitist snob.
    We're stupid for liking such a poorly made series, is that it?

Oh, and by the way. The only one implying insults here is you. Since clearly you all make us out for homosexuals for liking DBZ, if you read these quotes:

All it is is a bunch of muscled sweaty guys panting and screaming through intermissions of explanations on how they punch or shoot laser beams with names
    It's about extremely buff guys beating the shit out of each other with homoerotic undertones.
    Homophobic? You don't know Skelington in the slightest if you think that he's homophobic.
    You aren't homophobic. Then why do you only talk about buff and sweaty men? We weren't talking about that, you brought it up. And now you're not homophobic?

Anyway, why come to this thread if you got nothing constructive to say? Sure, you've 'seen the light' and like all sorts of other anime now.
    And you want to guide us towards other anime. But is that what this thread is for? I think not.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    All these comments about homosexuality, and not a single Zarbon or General Blue post. C'mon people.
    Or that henchman of Cooler, what's his name... Salza? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Or that henchman of Cooler, what's his name... Salza? :P
    Generic pretty one. They are in every movie (or at least the earlier ones). Piccolo explained it in the TFS Lord Slug. There was the pretty one, the tough, stupid one, and the one with the weird ability.

Generic pretty one. They are in every movie (or at least the earlier ones). Piccolo explained it in the TFS Lord Slug. There was the pretty one, the tough, stupid one, and the one with the weird ability.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    @Rad586
    So you think Cell was taught his techniques then?

I always thought they were part of him. Nothing was taught to him through machines. He was simply formed from cells and grown. That he is a living embodiment of every DBZ character. That he even had their memories(through cellular memory) up to the point the DNA was gathered, that is why he could do the techniques. Because he remembers how goku learned and does the Kamehameha wave, or Piccolo and the special beam cannon...etc. This is also why he knew their personalities so well, because he is them. He doesn't even seem to be programmed with a purpose next to be becoming the strongest and most dominant warrior. I always thought that was because he was Frieza and King Cold and had tons of Sayain genes. It made him act that way. Get what I'm saying.

I like what your saying though. One thing bothers me about it though. Cell isn't a machine. He's not like the androids where Gero can mathematically analyze ki blasts then plug the numbers into them. How would he teach them to Cell? I would think that if cell didn't naturally have his abilities he would of had to of trained and honed his skills somewhere first after he learned about them. You think future Trunks or Gohan would of noticed in that timeline if that was happening.

Edit: Wonder if Gero considered Cell his son? Odd the lack of restrictions or purpose like the androids. Gero knew he would be dead so he made something to carry on his legacy and need for dominance.
    Multiple times Cell said that computer told him something. Computer told him he would be the strongest, computer told him he could achieve his perfect form by absorbing 17 and 18, etc.
    It's not a big of a stretch to say all Cell knows was what Computer told him. There was no such thing like cellular memory. All that he knew was gathered by the fly-bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    How'd he know about Frieza's Death Beam? Cell used it, but Frieza never used it on Earth (to my recollection).

How'd he know about Frieza's Death Beam? Cell used it, but Frieza never used it on Earth (to my recollection).

The same way Cell had Frieza's cells - aka thanks to fly-bots gathering data/cells on Namek. Future Cell never had King Cold's cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    The same way Cell had Frieza's cells - aka thanks to fly-bots gathering data/cells on Namek. Future Cell never had King Cold's cells.
    There were no flybots on Namek. Unless there were some major dubbing mistakes, Gero admits they had no info of the events on Namek, such as not knowing about Goku's Super Saiyan form. All his info on Frieza, and his DNA, came from their visit to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Future cell does have King Cold's cells. As cell's powering up when he is fighting Piccolo, people can't tell if it's Goku, Frieza, King cold, Piccolo himself or Vegeta. All are mentioned. Also when cell talks about getting Frieza's cell it specifically shows the scene with Frieza, trunks and king cold on Earth. In future trunks timeline it would have been Frieza, Goku and King cold. Still the same result.

I wont argue the learning from the computer thing though anymore. I'll give you that. Kind of makes me view cell as less badass now though lol. I was always thinking he was a massive fusion of people in the state they were when the DNA as taken, memories included. He sure has the personality to suit it.

Another funny thought. Gero chooses Nappa's DNA over Trunks. Cell mentions that he has Nappa's cells too, but also says when Trunks came they already had enough saiyans. THEN TAKE OUT NAPPA lol. Freaking super saiyan badass over here. Guess he wanted Nappa's charming good looks and wit in cell.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-06 at 02:31 PM.

There were no flybots on Namek. Unless there were some major dubbing mistakes, Gero admits they had no info of the events on Namek, such as not knowing about Goku's Super Saiyan form. All his info on Frieza, and his DNA, came from their visit to Earth.
    Not sure about the Gero part, altough I've just re-watched episode 142, and it was Z-warriors saying they sense Frieza's and his father's Ki from Cell, so I was wrong about Cell not having King Cold's cells.

I don't know the definition of filler, and I'm not going to argue over it. But I feel that these scenes you pointed out only create extra tension and drama.
    If we never get scenes with strong people shocked, how are we supposed to get a sense of power? How do we know that we should be scared of Cell?

You'd miss out on a lot. If you just see people in battle constantly, you'd have no context to place them in. Judging by the spectators reactions we can guess powers and build tension. Removing that (which I think you suggest) wouldn't be very good for the series.

And you say that battles drag out too long? But you're talking about a series that's all about fighting, how is that a bad thing?

The only 'filler' that annoyed me was Garlick junior saga. I just felt that Piccolo or Gohan should've been able to bitchslap him in like 1 episode.
    Extra tension and drama are fine, but they don't need 15-20 seconds of someone staring and panting. That drags it on, not sets a mood.
    And even for a battle anime, 250+ episode is a lot. Kai even proved that they could condense it and, while still long, became a pretty reasonable show when compared to the actual one of dragged out nothing episode by episode.
    Actually, I think I know where to place you.

You just seem upset that people here like DBZ, while it's garbage in your eyes compared to other anime. You're some kind of anime elitist snob.
    We're stupid for liking such a poorly made series, is that it?

Oh, and by the way. The only one implying insults here is you. Since clearly you all make us out for homosexuals for liking DBZ, if you read these quotes:

You aren't homophobic. Then why do you only talk about buff and sweaty men? We weren't talking about that, you brought it up. And now you're not homophobic?

Anyway, why come to this thread if you got nothing constructive to say? Sure, you've 'seen the light' and like all sorts of other anime now.
    And you want to guide us towards other anime. But is that what this thread is for? I think not.
    Not really. People can like what they want to like. Skelington couldn't care less what people enjoy, just don't lie to yourselves. As he's said, he doesn't hate it. Looking back on it now, he wonders how the hell he put up with it as a kid, but that doesn't take away any of its nostalgia.

He wasn't implying insults. The only one doing that was "shootyadead." He just likes to see what people say when they realize how homoerotic DBZ is, which most don't. His plan backfired, unfortunately, and no one cared until that one guy called him a latent homosexual. Not to mention he doesn't give a damn about sexuality.

How is it not constructive, exactly? He's not trying to guide you to others, but it's pretty ironic when one calls it the best series ever out of a list of a seen five or six. Other anime's were a comparison for when people said that dbz needed all that filler, though, that should have been pretty obvious.

It seems more like you read what you wanted to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    cell was def geros baby

just like baby was dr mews baby

what a terrible name for a bad guy

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 04:58 PM ----------

they wanted nappas cells so cell could be the ultimate troll

10+ Year Old Account
    what if baby had a baby O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    what if baby had a baby O.o
    yo dawg so i heard u leik babies

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 05:39 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    14 years of watching DBZ and goku's still not a super sayian for you Genn? maybe this series is dragged out longer then we care to awknowlegde :P

10+ Year Old Account
    hey, normal goku is good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    yo dawg so i heard u leik babies

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 05:39 PM ----------

[IMG]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4094446_460s.jpg[IMG]

And hes barely through 1 fight hohohoho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It's not filler bro

It's drama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    dude, do you even know anything about DBZ? It is much deeper than that

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So why is it a thing now to try to stir up a flamewar in the DBZ thread? Why bother coming to this thread if you don't have any interest in the topic?
    I'd like to think the last few posts are poking fun at the earlier flame war.