Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Tuskarr in Pandaria. Did Blizzard forget?

I'm a bit confused as to why there would be any Tuskarr in Pandaria. during Wrath of the Lich King an NPC says that Tuskarr will die after a few days of leaving their climate. It doesn't actually make sense for them to be in Krasarang Wilds with the Anglers.
    Last edited by Wildstaff; 2012-05-06 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe few of them were able to adapt to the hotter climate? That could be considered a possibility

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could also be placeholder models for some kind of tropical walrus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe it isn't a Tuskarr. Much like there are subspecies of Tauren (Tuanka, Yak Folk), there might be subspecies of Tuskarr.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are Tuskarr at the Darkmoon Fair too.

So I imagine they forgot or decided that was a dumb piece of lore :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely It's a subspecies that adapted to the area despite It's meant to kill them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post

Maybe the ones at Faire have a refrigerated trailer they sleep in

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

this would be a question for redshirt-guy at the blizzcon

It's much more ossum to have a tuskarr fisherman show up at the new fishing hub than to adhere to some lore point though.

Or if you're not satisfied with that, a wizard did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    this would be a question for redshirt-guy at the blizzcon

i think that is the real reason they cancelled Blizzcon this year :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to why there would be any Tuskarr in Pandaria. during Wrath of the Lich King an NPC says that Tuskarr will die after a few days of leaving their climate. It doesn't actually make sense for them to be in Krasarang Wilds with the Anglers.
    This particular Tuskarr was genetically altered in a Blizzard Laboratory to adapt to warmer climates.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post

They're just there for a "VIP" tour. They don't stay there long enough to die.

Regarding "Master Baiter" (*adolescent snicker*), I'm guessing placeholder model.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I love those guys. I'm so glad they came back

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, so blizzard once again ignores there own lore in favor for what they think is 'nifty' or 'cool man', once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ha, so blizzard once again ignores there own lore in favor for what they think is 'nifty' or 'cool man', once again.
    Considering Blizzard isn't a single person, they probably just didn't consult the guy who made up that forgettable fun fact and in turn forgot about it. In other words I'm just gonna excuse them if they forget minuscule details like that because some random writer probably though up the detail/fact and Metzen or whoever can't keep that and the rest of Azeroth 100% straight. @_@

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the NPC was just being melodramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Maybe the NPC was just being melodramatic!
    This. Maybe he was afraid that they would die pining for the fjords.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Considering Blizzard isn't a single person, they probably just didn't consult the guy who made up that forgettable fun fact and in turn forgot about it. In other words I'm just gonna excuse them if they forget minuscule details like that because some random writer probably though up the detail/fact and Metzen or whoever can't keep that and the rest of Azeroth 100% straight. @_@
    oh i just laugh at it now because this is exactly what happens all the time, they just 'forget the small details' and thus makes anything they say about the lore pointless and not even worth keeping track of.
    Remember that bit of news that you old gods are tied to the planet so the titans couldn't kill them else story azeroth, so they contained them under it. Well seems that didn't matter at all since we've been killing them just fine.
    They might not be 1 person, but they can't even keep tabs on there own story anymore
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-05-06 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He could've just been wrong. It's not like random people you meet will all be biology professors.

Besides, if you took someone who lived in the Arctic all their life and brought them to the Equator they'd probably think they would die if they stayed too long too.

Maybe the ones taken as slaves died from the intense labor rather than actually from the climate and that's just what that one Tuskarr thought happened?

I mean, I don't take 100% of what NPCs say as true facts, go talk to 20 random people outside about something (especially science, climate, nature-related) and you'll find that they say all sorts of things that aren't true or even close to true. I just take it as what that character thinks/has reason to say.

It's possible that it's a different subspecies or that it's more like intense slave labor in a hot climate will kill them rather than ANY departure from their area. Or he's just a placeholder.