Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    why is this even being debated? blizzard just did whatever they wanted and thought nobody would care about the small details, thats all there is to it.

Couldn't it simply be one of those things where since no one ever really left the Tuskar villages, and when one did he never came back (Enjoyed life outside of the village, eaten by animals, etc) that they just ASSUMED this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    why is this even being debated? blizzard just did whatever they wanted and thought nobody would care about the small details, thats all there is to it.

We get it, you are peeved by it, but stop posting the same thing over and over again.
    Last edited by Eggowaffles; 2012-05-06 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    You don't even know how much Blizz cares about the details in MoP, to the point they created new Horde buildings just for Pandaria alone.

As others said, can be a placeholder, or an explanation will be given. It's not uncommon to adapt to a different climate.

Maybe that was just a piece of superstition, passed down over generations to keep the Tuskarr in Northrend.

Or maybe who cares?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in Minnesota once. I might have thought I would have died there during the winter until I went through one and didn't.

Polar bears are cold climate animals as well. The global warming trend has affected them greatly. So polar bears are interbreeding with other bears to produce offspring that can survive in warmer climates. Reports of polar/grizzly crosses are on the rise. I believe the Tuskarr should be able to adapt as well. Yes, I know I am comparing something real, to something in video games, but isn't everything in a video game some bastard hybrid of what we know and what we wish?

It was a tiny detail that was overlooked, that's all there is to it. I'm not gonna blame blizzard for forgetting something as stupid as that.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love tuskarrs! im glad they are back, even if some people hate that it disrupts the lore or whatever.

Humans die after being out of their home for a few days.

There. I said it. Now it's true. I hope no one had any plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jig is Up is what you are referring to and it's not really lore in my opinion. It's one NPC, and only one, saying about how Tuskarr being sold and used as slaves die a few days after they have been taken. Also this is said by Human Pirate, Annie Bonn. So this should be taken with a huge amount of salt. Or just the simple fact that she wants to continue to get you on her side so she can become queen pirate of the Northsea Freebooters.

With the more ample amounts of Tuskarr in different climates that her barely memorable statement is bred more in ignorance than fact.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-05-07 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    This. Maybe he was afraid that they would die pining for the fjords.
    Pining for the fjords, what kind of talk is that?!
    Last edited by stuartj1992; 2012-05-07 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Maybe the NPC was just being melodramatic!
    i doubt it. she was commenting on the incompetence of pirates because they enslaved tuskarr who die shortly after leaving the climate

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Jig_is_Up#Description

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    I love tuskarrs! im glad they are back, even if some people hate that it disrupts the lore or whatever.
    i don't hate it, it was just the first thing i remembered when i saw the tuskarr on the front page

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    i doubt it. she was commenting on the incompetence of pirates because they enslaved tuskarr who die shortly after leaving the climate
    Well, a slave isn't what one would call best prepared for extreme situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said many times that they adapt the lore to fit the gameplay, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one tiny, insignificant, overlooked detail about a race that has nearly no importance in the lore at all, that was included in some random quest without any actual background. This is the kind of thing that they can and will rectify or expand upon without any kind of trouble, because of how small of a detail it was. People are debating it because it's a forum about WoW and that's what we do. The fact that you're so upset at something so minor is baffling.

Like other people have said, there could be tons of reasons they could give for a tuskarr being there. It could be a subspecies, the aforementioned quest NPC could be wrong/lying, it could be a placeholder, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    in the wild there is a fresh water seal that lives in the largest fresh water lake in the world... others would die there

the hippo is related to the whale evolutionarilly speaking this is plausable end of

Remember that bit of news that you old gods are tied to the planet so the titans couldn't kill them else story azeroth, so they contained them under it. Well seems that didn't matter at all since we've been killing them just fine.
    Uh, when have we ever killed an Old God? They're all still alive, C'thun being the only possible exception. We're not really sure what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    The Jig is Up is what you are referring to and it's not really lore in my opinion. It's one NPC, and only one, saying about how Tuskarr being sold and used as slaves die a few days after they have been taken. Also this is said by Human Pirate, Annie Bonn. So this should be taken with a huge amount of salt. Or just the simple fact that she wants to continue to get you on her side so she can become queen pirate of the Northsea Freebooters.

With the more ample amounts of Tuskarr in different climates that her barely memorable statement is bred more in ignorance than fact.
    /endthread..it wasn't even a tuskarr who said it....thank you nonfictionless

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Humans die after being out of their home for a few days.

There. I said it. Now it's true. I hope no one had any plans.
    This made me laugh. The world is also flat. It's gotta be true now.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This made me laugh. The world is also flat. It's gotta be true now.
    No no no, it's shaped like a Burrito!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.