Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How prepared (in and out of game) will you be for the lvl 90 Race?

I've been putting some thought into the Items I'll be taking with me in game and in real life for the 85-90 grind on the night/morning of the release. I'll be rushing my Rogue to 90; not necessarily going for server first, but I don't plan to sleep until I'm 90. I'm guessing it wont be anything more than 10 hours per level (on the high-end) as I've not yet experimented much with the beta at all; so.. yeah I've been able to stay awake for 36 hours before while sustaining a fairly poor diet, and without any effort, so I don't think I'll have much of an issue here.

In game:

Out:
    • Book 1-Week (or at least 3 days) Off work for a "cousin's wedding"
    • A good nights sleep before, and a nap from 6pm-12am the midnight of release --> Then to pick up my pre-order (I play on a west coast server -3 hrs from my local time, so I can't login until 3 am --- therefore not needing to rush to pick up my copy of MoP)
    • 3-5 Pre-cooked meals in the fridge (Chicken Breast and Vegetables/ Tuna on Wholegrain/ Turkey and Sweet Potatoes Are for SURES)
    • Coffee and lots of Water to stay awake and hydrated
    • Unsalted Sunflower Seeds/ Almonds to Snack on!
    • A playlist with a healthy mix of motivational, high-intensity songs, and progressive songs.

What are YOU Going to bring with you IN and OUT of Game for the Race to 90!?
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-08-31 at 06:18 AM.

Nothing. If I play MoP, it will be the first expansion that I don't get on launch day. I'll wait a couple weeks after launch, and take my time with leveling.

Those days of doing what you're talking about doing are a thing of the past for me, but they were fun at the time . Good luck!

IN:
    reading all the quest text now and getting the flavor of the zones in the beta and memorizing where to go/what to do for each quest so I don't have to feel bad about just accepting quests without reading descriptions.

- stockpiled about 10k gold
    - I've experimented with a bunch of different toons on the beta and have finally settled on a toon/main to level first for the expac (to limit alt-itis) and maxed enchanting on it so I can DE all un-needed quest rewards and drop green and sell them on the AH early in the expac while people are dropping the most gold
    -I don't stockpile pots and flasks because I always have a hard time remembering to check that they are on and I don't feel they really give much of a boost.

Out:
    - Dubstep playlist in pandora
    - Metal playlist in pandora
    - Complete MST3K Series along with /Adventure Time/Venture Bro/ and Metalocalypse to watch on second screen to stop from becoming too bored
    - Fiber one bars/ plenty of lunch meat and bread to make sandwiches.
    - I got plenty of Vacation time to burn for work once I know the release date I'll schedule something
    - Building a new gaming rigg as my old one is turning 5 years old

case of Euroshopper energy drink and prepared to play like a b0ss.

Lol level 90 race

I doubt anyone cares enough about MoP to race to 90, especially after how dissapointing Cata was. People will still buy it of course, but no one's going to be taking it seriously, even the leveling
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Most likely the same as other expansions, I won't be near my PC to play it on launch day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really thought about it much, i have decided i'd like to go for a server first, but i'm not yet decided on if it'll be a class/race, or a profession.

With the opportunity to re-roll without losing achievements+mounts, i haven't even decided if i'm going to continue playing my "main" anymore
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    I've prepared everything I need already:

My computer.
    Internet connection.

Once installed, I'll be playing until I get hungry. Then I stop. I'm not going to rush to 90 any more than I did the previous expansions. It's just NOT worth it to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those tired of Cataclysm should have done as I did, and taken a 14 month break right smack dab in the middle of it... then MoP Would be infinitely more exciting for you... if not... stop trolling general forums Too many casuals I must say!

Deleted
    My main issue is deciding to go for it or just casually blast to 90 at my own pace. Should I go decide to go for it:

In game
    • Completely fill my bags with potions and macro them into my abilities so I don't have to think about them.
    • Make sure I've got the best gear setup for burst (reforges/trinkets).
    • Ensure all my addons work in the late beta.
    • Ensure I've played through the beta enough to be able to go "auto-pilot" and group up quests where I can utilize how OP my class is at AoE.
    • Macro important npc interaction and targeting key-binds. I sure you all learned your lesson with the beginning of cataclysm.
    • Train myself to only loot for certain quest pickups (keys/quest items).

Out of game
    • Make sure to be on vent with the rest of my guild. Stimulating conversation will do a world of good.
    • Make sure to stay hydrated without over drinking and causing unnecessary downtime.
    • Ensure I time my breaks during unavoidable downtime (cinematics/playthroughs).

I have never raced to level cap really. Although I plan to hit 90 faster than I have in the past, it probably won't happen all in one stretch. Won't take any time off of work or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeriEU View Post
    • Macro important npc interaction and targeting key-binds. I sure you all learned your lesson with the beginning of cataclysm.
    By this you mean refreshing a spammable '/tar XXXXXXor /target XXXXXX ' Macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    By this you mean refreshing a spammable '/tar XXXXXXor /target XXXXXX ' Macro?
    He means when there are 98834y48234932 people all standing on top of the npc and right clicking does absolutley nothing, as with the start of Cata.

In this case you would want to go to key bindings and assign a key to "interact with target" under options. Then you can /tar XXXXX, then press your key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna take a week off of work and level in a steady manner. Since we can't raid until all 25 mains are geared and ready...there is little point for me to speed ahead of everyone else beyond being either a healer or tank for 5mans for us (not sure which main I'll do first).

Same as others' have said, I'll have in-game pots, flasks and what not on the character I'll do it (Not yet decided, as I'm not playing the beta enough to really test it and the zones aren't all unlocked so I can't develop a path to follow). I didn't have this last time, and it cost me; I also quested without any Beta experience or any dungeons and I only just missed server-first. I was actually leading the race for 5-6 hours until Uldum (Bane of my fucking life).

Out of game, I'll do as I always do. 2 Bottles of 2l Sprite, take a piss every hour or two and just zerg. This time I'll not be going to the dentist, and get stuck in Uldum on a phasing bug (Blood Indiana Jones phasing shit -.-). Oh and I'll also BE on the Beta this time, can't believe I almost made server-first by the space of an hour, despite flying around confused for an hour in Uldum and TLHL at 83 (Couldn't find any quests, meh) as well as going to the Dentist.

I'll have repetitive music on that helps me focus on timing my toons abilities (used to listen to Trance during ICC as alot of the beats actually suited the speed for DW FDK) better, rather than just playing my usual metal/rock playlists.

I'll also have snacks to go on during the day, I often find that when I focus on something I can often put aside feelings of hunger and tiredness, so having brief snacks like a fiber bar or a bag of MnM's or several to pick away at while I go is more than enough for me during a heavy-duty grind session.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Lol level 90 race

I doubt anyone cares enough about MoP to race to 90, especially after how dissapointing Cata was. People will still buy it of course, but no one's going to be taking it seriously, even the leveling
    Wow, Negative Nancy. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean others do. I'm sure LOTS of people care about the race to 90. I mean, who do you think you're kidding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from Sugar / Simple Carbs, you'll just end up crashing and function more slowly!!!
    Good / Bad Foods for your Brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    All of those tired of Cataclysm should have done as I did, and taken a 14 month break right smack dab in the middle of it... then MoP Would be infinitely more exciting for you... if not... stop trolling general forums Too many casuals I must say!
    I took a two year break and skipped Cataclysm. I haven't started my account back up yet, but I have a new computer on the way to get back into it.. I should be up and running by months end.

I'm with all you casual guys, I did the race for the BC & WotLK expansions... I'm over all that. Hell I'm about over wow, so when I do get back into it, it won't be like back in the day... Is anyone who started playing when wow came out really that into it anymore? enough to plan a race to 90? good for you I guess.

But I will be well prepared to play long sessions leveling my monk.. I have all new stuff, all on the way or already arrived. I'll be playing in full comfort on a screaming fast new computer with a great display and top of the line headphones.. I can't wait.

new computer (decked out)
    new monitor (BenQ 2420T)
    new mouse (naga epic)
    new nostromo
    new headphones (sennheiser PC360)
    new chair (leather/mesh for extra comfort)
    new gel seat pad (wondergel extreme)
    new mouse pad

In Game I won't race at all this time, I'm going to take my time and read the quests and try to follow the story line. I only cared about how fast I could lvl last time I played, I almost never ganked anyone because I would rather kill the mobs I need to kill for my quest and move on to the next one.. this time I'm going gank anyone and everyone I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont plan on racing to 90, mostly because i'm lazy and dont do well staying up for extended periods of time :P also because the alliance on my realm completely smashed me by about an hour for cata launch. so i probably wont bother, but best of luck to all you guys!

Deleted
    im personally not too sure if i wanted to do it.. On the one hand its a awesome feeling to be way ahead of most people ( did it at the beginning of BC ). And its nice to not have to share XXXX questmobs in a region with a zillion other players :P

On the other hand, why would i do that to my health ;P