Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Kil'jaeden's Cunning nerfed again??

Seems like they nerfed it even more

Kil'jaeden's Cunning now lasts 6 sec, down from 10 sec.

Am i starting to think this talent is really really useless? 6 seconds is barely 2 casts, not to mention the increase of the cast time and the fact we even have Fel Flame.

Hope they will change this, because this is rather sad :<
    Last edited by mmoc3dfcbafb89; 2012-05-09 at 01:33 AM.

I tend to agree. You can't have such a short duration and throw 2 negative side effects on it as well. Maybe if the CD on it wasn't so long it wouldn't be as bad but at it's current implementation it's not worth having.

The talent itself just seems underwhelming to me, especially because a lot of movement can be taken care of via stutter-stepping for PvE. I'd say at least

1) Allow the passive to remain even when the ability is on cooldown
    2) Remove the movement speed penalty of the ability

I guess only Archimonde vengeance will be "ok"...Anyone start to feel the wind turning again for locks?

I mean: broken class (i still love it on live, but i confess pve-wise or pvp-wise they are inferior to many), exciting stuff and boost at the start of Beta, then nerf, nerf, nerf to put them back as broken class. Hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post

Am i starting to think this talent is really really useless? 6 seconds is barely 2 casts, not to mention the increase of the cast time and the fact we even have Fel Flame. If they want it for 6 seconds, shouldn't we seriously have no increased cast time or movement reduction?

cast time increase and movement decrease is the passive, during the 6 sec you wont have any of those

it was bad when it was 10 seconds, and it's horrible now

Terrible talent now, the only remotely interesting 90 tier we have is Mannoroth's fury. A talent we probably won't want to use in most scenarios... so, Archimondes vengeance by default it is! lol

*sigh*

No one except blizzard can test this talent atm but i still dont get it, during their tests this was so op that they had to nerf it so bad ?
    At lvl 90 if you're destro you can get 6 backdrafted incinerates close to 1s so u'll be able to do 6 incinerates on the move it might sound op in pvp but its not in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    No one except blizzard can test this talent atm but i still dont get it, during their tests this was so op that they had to nerf it so bad ?
    At lvl 90 if you're destro you can get 6 backdrafted incinerates close to 1s so u'll be able to do 6 incinerates on the move it might sound op in pvp but its not in pve.
    With the cast time increase and GCD, maybe 4.. at most.

lvl 90 warlock talents sucks :/

Yeah, the talents are really shitty. Archimonde, if left on for passive, is like 350dps increase on Ultraxion10hc, maybe up to 500 if you push it to 6 hour. Out of 40k+ going out, extra 1% dps as a talent don't sound exciting at all. And Mannoroth fury will get nerfed since it's Cremation v2, due to rogue/feral tears.

Am i starting to think this talent is really really useless? 6 seconds is barely 2 casts, not to mention the increase of the cast time and the fact we even have Fel Flame.

This has the be a mistake. No one in their right mind would waste a talent point on this. We can just use fel flame while moving at full speed. The only way i see this being used is if Blizzard makes a segment of an encounter in a raid designed specifically FOR THIS talent, which i believe they are starting to do more and more. Im sure this will be buffed substantially before release.

solution: remove the speed penalty and remove the slower cast time. in fact i would say they need to make it a speed increase. leave it at 6 seconds.

Deleted
    Main problem with this talent is the Burning Rush counter part PLUS, as you have mentioned, Fel Flame or Void Ray for Demo.

If we want to cast while moving it's because we have to move, but the proposition here is to move slooooowly. This talent is completely useless as it is now.

PS: Demonic circle wasn't even mentioned
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2012-05-09 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo right now on Beta has 150% movement and 110% damage while moving, the talent is completely useless in any form for that spec.

10+ Year Old Account

To be perfectly honest the increased cast time, even at 10 sec duration, makes it virtually useless imo.

No, read the talent again, during those 6 seconds you get NO penalty at all, it's just like shamans spiritwalkers grace. This has a 1 min cd.

The talent also has a passive which works ALL the time (but is removed if on cd). This increases casting by 50% and decreases movement by 20%.

It's still bad though.
    Last edited by Micke; 2012-05-09 at 03:27 PM.

They should just remove the passive and bring the buff up to 10 on the same cooldown. The penalty is a pretty big tradeoff, movement speed and cast time debuff is too much. Shamans would be pissed though. If they want to retain the passive, either of those penalties should go.

Deleted
    If it can't be a choice for demo, due to the characteristic of Meta then it is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    If it can't be a choice for demo, due to the characteristic of Meta then it is a failure.
    First of all, your statement here assumes a 100% uptime on Meta. Movement isn't an issue for caster form ?

Second, not every talent is meant to be great for every spec, if you look at all the classes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a rather meh talent this way. I mean the up time is 10%, so in theory that's pretty good, but 6 seconds is, as has been said, probably 2 casts or so, that's weak. Add to that that the passive is downright bad, and you've got a pretty lousy talent. I was pretty much going for Archimonde, unless AoE, anyway, but Blizz is not even trying to sway me from my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    First of all, your statement here assumes a 100% uptime on Meta. Movement isn't an issue for caster form ?

Second, not every talent is meant to be great for every spec, if you look at all the classes.
    There's nothing preventing you from switching to Meta for 6-10 seconds of movement, and there's no penalty for doing so. No encounter requires 100% movement, nor will it ever since not all classes are able to benefit from this or similar abilities. Any prolongued phases of movement are balanced on the assumption that DPS will drop off to a degree, now given that, Demo is absolutely the strongest class for dealing with that, since the spec can not just maintain DPS, but it can actually increase DPS over periods of heavy movement.