Deleted
    So I finally got hold of my razer naga hex...it was delivered to work over the weekend.

Very nice mouse! The side buttons are perfect...you actually know what you're pressing, and can reach them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    So I finally got hold of my razer naga hex...it was delivered to work over the weekend.

Very nice mouse! The side buttons are perfect...you actually know what you're pressing, and can reach them all.
    Thinking about getting it for serious, but I don't know. Got my Naga and I'm pretty happy (don't have loads of money you see, student life in a nut-shell ). Have you tried Naga? Is the difference huge?

10+ Year Old Account

As cool as the hex looks, I like my 17 buttons on the razor naga, and I prefer my 4th and 5th mouse buttons left of left click instead of behind the mouse wheel.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Does the 1-6(hex buttons) mimic the keyboard keys 1-6 and numpad 1-6 like the standard naga? That's what I loved about it.
    Or are the keys 6 entirely separate keys?

NVM: I visited their site and got the answer, yes it mimics your keyboard keys.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-05-09 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    As cool as the hex looks, I like my 17 buttons on the razor naga, and I prefer my 4th and 5th mouse buttons left of left click instead of behind the mouse wheel.
    THOSE are the Hex's MB 4 and 5? That's pretty atrocious placement. I have buttons there on my mouse, but they are for adjusting DPI and switching mouse profiles.. can't imagine pressing those for something overly important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    THOSE are the Hex's MB 4 and 5? That's pretty atrocious placement. I have buttons there on my mouse, but they are for adjusting DPI and switching mouse profiles.. can't imagine pressing those for something overly important.
    I'm assuming that's what they are. Otherwise it doesn't have those buttons that the razer naga has, which is a large downside for me personally.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Does anyone know what the difference between the hex and hex-wraith is? The wraith is 20bucks more.

It's red. .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's red. .....
    Oh shit, didn't see that one comming!

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have a DeathAdder and it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever tried. It fits my hand perfectly. But I really could use more than just two thumb buttons. How does the Naga feel compared to the DeathAdder? I don't really care about things such as speed or precision, I just want it to be comfortable to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I just wasn't able to use my naga properly...buttons too fiddly and unable to easily reach them all...same with the left button buttons.

I use more of a claw grip for the mouse...wrist is stationary and move the mouse with the tips of my fingers, the buttons behind the wheel are much better placed for me...but if you tend to cup your mouse then I can see how they wouldn't be as convenient.

Overall, so far, it feels like this naga was built just for me...am loving it.

You can set the buttons to emulate numbers, keypad...or program them to do anything else...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I currently have a DeathAdder and it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever tried. It fits my hand perfectly. But I really could use more than just two thumb buttons. How does the Naga feel compared to the DeathAdder? I don't really care about things such as speed or precision, I just want it to be comfortable to use.
    I'm gonna be honest with you: I hated it in the beginning. Crap, I just regret my Naga for the first week... But afterwards, when I got used to use 1-9 (will probably never be able to use 10-12 fast enough... so just gave them up) I really loved it, and I still love my Naga!

TL;DR
    You'll probably not like it to begin with, but when you get used to it it's more than lovely! So many buttons (and u can use CTRL etc onto thoose)!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I had a death adder last (well, before the naga-original, it's now my laptop mouse). I got much more use out of the death adder buttons than I did the original nagas (for reasons I've already explained).

The naga hex feels like a natural and very good upgrade to the death adder - for me, it's everything I'd hoped the original naga would be.
    Last edited by mmoc1be39d8ac1; 2012-05-09 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no interest in the Hex. It's enough buttons for a game like Diablo 3 or LoL, but not enough for MMORPGs.

@People who have trouble 10-12 - set those to large cooldowns that you don't want to ever use at the wrong time, like Bloodlust or Vanish. In the case of GW2, I haven't really figured out what to do with 11 or 12 yet, but 10 already is set to my Elite.

Currently I don't use my Naga for the skills in LoL simply because I haven't made the time to alter the keybinds. I'm used to using QWER, and was pretty used to it already from my years playing DotA, though the summoner spells sometimes bug me (D and F aren't the best spots for them, since G happens to be the "Ping" keybind). I currently use 1-6 for my activated items, which has proven immensely handy.
    Obviously I have room to use the 4 skills, the 2 summoner skills, AND the 6 item skill slots on a Naga, but that would require me to change up keybinds a bid and remember "Right, 1-6 aren't items anymore"
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I have no interest in the Hex. It's enough buttons for a game like Diablo 3 or LoL, but not enough for MMORPGs.

@People who have trouble 10-12 - set those to large cooldowns that you don't want to ever use at the wrong time, like Bloodlust or Vanish. In the case of GW2, I haven't really figured out what to do with 11 or 12 yet, but 10 already is set to my Elite.

Currently I don't use my Naga for the skills in LoL simply because I haven't made the time to alter the keybinds. I'm used to using QWER, though the summoner spells sometimes bug me. I currently use 1-6 for my activated items, which has proven immensely handy.
    Obviously I have room to use the 4 skills, the 2 summoner skills, AND the 6 item skill slots on a Naga, but that would require me to change up keybinds a bid and remember "Right, 1-6 aren't items anymore"
    You also have dodge and weapon swap in addition to those F abilities.

Is it possible to make the 1-12 on the Razer Naga separate from the keyboard numbers? So 1 on my keyboard is a separate bind from 1 on the mouse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You also have dodge and weapon swap.
    Those went to mouse button 4 and 5. I need both to be easy-access keybinds.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Those went to mouse button 4 and 5. I need both to be easy-access keybinds.
    Razer Naga has Mouse 4 and 5? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Razer Naga has Mouse 4 and 5? O_o
    Yup. They're two little buttons placed at the top left corner, right next to mouse button 1.

You can see them on the "Molten Special Edition" but for some reason the basic Naga doesn't show it on their screenshots.

Yup. They're two little buttons placed at the top left corner, right next to mouse button 1.

I see no mouse buttons!

Unless those things by the scroll wheel aren't mouse sensitivity. If so, why doesn't the naga have that built in? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. They moved them to the scroll wheel spot?

Weird. My Naga has them at the top left corner for index-finger access, like you can see here:

And I have the basic, original Naga. The one you're showing is listed on the web site as the "2012 edition"

I think by default those buttons are about mouse sensitivity, but I've never needed that functionality.