Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The only trick was giving old players free level 80s. Annual Pass is a nice bargain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Everyone is too shocked over the "Call of Duty: Developing the ground-breaking Black Ops II" bit to go past that.
    And see, I play FPS games so much that I didn't even know ActiBlizzion had anything to do with Call of Duty >.> Skylanders expansion sounds cool though, I hope they release new Skylanders but also allow us to use the ones we've already accumulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Developing the ground-breaking Call of Duty Black ops II. Ground breaking? seriously? any word could have been more appropriate. ANY. Maybe it's fun but sure as hell aint ground breaking.
    we know nothing about it but the trailer and from the trailer we can see they are changing things up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So now change means the fanboys saying "Omg wow will gain 300k subs" we right?

Awesome logic. Blizzard counts the people who quit 1 month after Scroll as well so this means almost nothing.

If free Cata and Annual pass are needed to keep subs from dropping after 4 months of DS i wonder what they will come up with next quarter?

Free Savior titles and Legendaries?
    It's that lull between expansions combined with Cata disappointing. It happens. WoW was losing subs and Blizzard was came up with a plan. It's called smart marketing. And if you want to talk about Blizzard giving away free stuff, what do you call SWTOR giving away a free month for a 6 month old game? What's your excuse for that? Blizzard doing it is bad, but SWTOR doing it is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So no change means the fanboys saying "Omg wow will gain 300k subs" were right?

Awesome logic. Blizzard counts the people who quit 1 month after Scroll as well so this means almost nothing.

If free Cata and Annual pass are needed to keep subs from dropping after 4 months of DS i wonder what they will come up with next quarter?

Free Savior titles and Legendaries?
    300K? this time next year it'll be 15m more subscribers. Blizzard has always given me every single thing i ever wanted. for every person who hates it, there are 100 who love it, cause Blizzard is the best, and WoW is the greatest game ever made, and it get's better every day! amazing!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Tricked? Blizzard was a genius.
    Can't argue with that...They're KINGS of marketing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's guess... how long until the anti-WoW fanboys claim that Blizz lied about their numbers?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

So 10.2 million people are just cool with Dragon Soul since December and easily going into August lol

and not a single f@#* was given at swtor that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    It's sad that the subscriber base is stable at 10.2mil yet Blizz wont even consider servers based in Aus because of the costs. >_>
    Ok, I have to agree with you. Even SWTOR introduced servers in Oz
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, what exactly changed in the last 3 months ? Right, nothing.

- We've seen the MoP beta which caused a massive hype and should have increased the subs, didn't happen though.
    - People that had the annual pass still have it.
    - People that could stand 4.3 to begin with probably still can.

So sorry to tell you guys, take the hands out of your pants, because you didn't win either.
    Why would a beta increase subs for a game where you don't even play what's in the beta in the full game? People aren't going to sub back up for MoP until MoP is actually released.

I would call a steady subscription after Star Wars the Old Republic and the expansion lull a COMPLETE "win".

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I got stuck at the part where you would even grasp the thought to compare the subs of a Free to Play MOBA game where you do the same thing over and over again to a $15 a month Pay to Play MMORPG game.
    And yet, free to play games tend to make more money and get more growth than pay-to-play games. Nothing is keeping blizzard from going free to play on wow, and it is fair to compare them as the time investment is not all that different nor are the expenses, and the payment model is part of a game, even if it does not directly impact gameplay.

Besides, it's you guys flagging 10 and 15 million subscribers as something huge, or using it as an argument for why wow is a good game. I'm pretty sure that twilight is NOT better than most other movies, regardless of how much money it made or how many people saw it. Hell, by that measure, Avatar is the best movie ever made, and it's not fair to compare it to movies that don't charge you 50% extra for the glasses, or movies that are free to watch.

Fact remains that people are cheering over wow not losing subs, and seem to forget that it has not been the biggest game in the world, or even 2nd biggest game in the world for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So 10.2 million people are just cool with Dragon Soul since December and easily going into August lol
    10.2 million people are just cool with the greatest game ever made! haters gonna hate, blizz is the best!

no one read that image? they mention a new free to play game... I havnt heard that before..

And you're sitting around your home, maybe jobless (since you brought that up) and reading about games you do not even play, theory crafting and obviously caring about a fantasy world you're actually not a part of?

Lol.
    Nah, I'm at work, enjoying my day reading gaming news. Caring and being a passionate rabid fan are two different things. All I've seen today are people obsessed with these numbers, 10.2! 10.2! 10.2! And what the world is theory crafting? Like what's that in realityspeak?

I can't believe the nay sayers.

The BIGGEST challenge ever for WOW was launched back in Dec 2011.

And WOW didn't massively lost subscriptions like the "industry analists" predicted.

Some said that the launch of SW TOR alone would add another 1.5 to 2 million losses ON TOP of it all.

It didn't happen: because the challenger was WAY below the quality WOW players are used to - as always - I might say...

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman45 View Post
    no one read that image? they mention a new free to play game... I havnt heard that before..
    most probably blizz dota
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerfanna View Post
    And see, I play FPS games so much that I didn't even know ActiBlizzion had anything to do with Call of Duty >.> Skylanders expansion sounds cool though, I hope they release new Skylanders but also allow us to use the ones we've already accumulated.
    Technically Blizzard has nothing to do with Call of Duty, that's all Activision.

Just like Activision has nothing to do with World of Warcraft, all Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    300K? this time next year it'll be 15m more subscribers. Blizzard has always given me every single thing i ever wanted. for every person who hates it, there are 100 who love it, cause Blizzard is the best, and WoW is the greatest game ever made, and it get's better every day! amazing!
    wat a troll...

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    F2P Blizzard DOTA?
    Although it was to be a SC2 mod originally, given the competition it makes sense to release it as a F2P using the SC2 engine instead.
    Blizzard Dota was announced a few months after blizzcon to be free 2 play and released this year.