Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Titan confirmed to be an MMORPG

Guessing the F2P game is DotA, which leaves the MMORPG as Titan.

We all knew it would be, but looks like it's been confirmed.

No more 'it's an FPS' rumours I guess.

We've known Titan would be an MMO for a long time. The FPS rumors were whether or not it would be an MMOFPS... which honestly, it still could be, since FPS RPGs exist. We know nothing. :P

Why can't Titan be f2p, considering they're going to use real world advertisements in game to pay for it. This really tells us nothing, I think you're reading way too much into it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We've known that Titan was an mmorpg for what... 2 years now? I've seen plenty of rpg's with fps elements.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until there is an official announcement, then anything stated by others is merely speculation. You are assuming, and you know what the word assume means.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure we've known that for awhile OP? Am I missing something?

Titan is the F2P game, and it's also already known that it would be an MMO. Seems like more of a typo than anything else.

If they ARE making 2 MMOs, it would be incredibly stupid. Also, Blizzard doesn't own the rights to DOTA. DOTA 2 is being developed by a different game studio.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why can't Titan be f2p, considering they're going to use real world advertisements in game to pay for it. This really tells us nothing, I think you're reading way too much into it.
    *shrug* ask Bungie?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Titan is the F2P game, and it's also already known that it would be an MMO. Seems like more of a typo than anything else.

If they ARE making 2 MMOs, it would be incredibly stupid. Also, Blizzard doesn't own the rights to DOTA. DOTA 2 is being developed by a different game studio.
    Blizzard is developing Blizzard DOTA. It will be F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't everyone just settle down on Titan, it is obviously not coming out for a long time.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Naa the F2P aint DotA, on their career site it's listed under SC2.

Last edited by Enjeh; 2012-05-09 at 09:44 PM.

Well, technically you can call something like Mass Effect both a FPS and a RPG. The line is not exactly clear cut.

Blizzard is making a DOTA style game called Blizzard Dota and it is going to be free to play. the MMORPG is Titan and will most likely not be free.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

You got a lot of stuff wrong here mate.

Titan is not F2P, and it isn't DOTA2, it's Blizzard Dota which showed us at last Blizzcon. Oh and Blizzard is currently suing Valve over the whole DOTA thing because DOTA was made using the Wc3 editor which clearly states that whatever you make using it, belongs to Blizzard.

Deleted
    http://titanfocus.info/page/index.html for more information! :-)

Awesome website

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Well, technically you can call something like Mass Effect both a FPS and a RPG. The line is not exactly clear cut.
    You can't play ME in firstperson can you?
    I'd say Deus Ex is a better example of an fpsrpg.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Where does it say the new MMORPG is Titan? They have multiple projects in the line-up.
    It doesn't *directly* say it anywhere, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Where does it say the new MMORPG is Titan? They have multiple projects in the line-up.
    As far as we know, Blizz is only developing one MMO right now other than WoW, and that's Titan, so it's a reasonable assumption. MMOs take a COLOSSAL amount of development resources and time, so it's unlikely that they'd develop two at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    No you can't silly.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Titan is going to be an MMORPGFPS. I assure you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspite View Post
    Titan is going to be an MMORPGFPS. I assure you.
    That's what I'm thinking.. Even though the abbrevation looks like a cat on a keyboard hah.