Poll: What are your thoughts about the new spells and rotations/priority lists?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I like my rotations like I like my socks, nice and tight.

But it seems that Destruction is clunky, Demo is just... a train wreck. It seems that Affliction is the only one with a "kinda" tight rotation. Honestly, I love destro as it is live (other than ISF of course) and I love how tight the spells are. You don't spend a lot of time casting unhasted incinerates before you're refreshing three dots, using two short cds, one medium, one long, and one super long cd. It's just... I'm sad I guess.

How about you guys, how do you feel about the new spell changes?
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Considering Blizz is pretty much "Re-formatting" warlocks as we speak... I would expect them to do some tuning to rotations before BETA is over. Yeah, it's a bit off (lol, bit?) right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if, by launch day, it's nice and tight for you!

Also, I have, and all ways will love Aff. locks. Demo and Destro aren't my thing. But, I do believe I will be trying them out once live hits.
    Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...feroz/advanced
    Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhorn/advanced
    When going from a druid to a monk... You have to remember what a mount is... and how to use them...
    And, when going back to a Druid from a monk, you relish in the awesomeness that is Swift Flight Form!

i like my socks soft,comfy and non smelly

No one should even dare choose the options of "I like how they are now" if you do you are a complete troll -_-.

And I hope you aren't gonna be comparing Warlocks in the beta to Warlocks in live servers. They are being completely reworked lol and half of their mechanics are/were broken.

Either way. Since I play a warlock in a top end guild I'm glad they are reworking Warlocks. They are currently the worst class imo.

Deleted
    I dont know what demo is supposed to be, look at the rotation on noxxic.com its got 14 spells in it : S
    Bonkers, but fun to play about with if your motivated to try to get something out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admittedly haven't gotten my Warlock to 85 yet but so far, I like the rotation of Destruction

What exactly is wrong with it come 85?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    No one should even dare choose the options of "I like how they are now" if you do you are a complete troll -_-.

If someone disagrees with you, they are a complete troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If someone disagrees with you, they are a complete troll?
    I love my warlock right now. I love affliction, I love destruction and I play them both relatively well. Never been in a raid where I didn't top and its so rewarding because I know that I'm tracking a million things where as the next in line person is just tracking his sinister strike. But that's just me I guess.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Ppl that say they like things as they are now are just wanabe hipsters, what is to like in the corrent warlock rotations?

affliction: huge ass rampup too much damage focused on execute, mediocre AOE, mediocre single target.
    demo: melee requirments, too much cooldown centric, not using the signature pet
    destro: too much rampup, dots and ISF babysit on a spec that should be about nuking, short CD nukes and blowing things up

Happy with MOP? Not totaly but things are going nicely

I understand them reworking Warlocks in general. Talent system def working with how Blizzard intended it for warlocks giving some real choice.

As a Demo Warlock myself I love the changes they had made, but as they continue changing it it seems to be get more and more complicated almost in a way that shouldn't be intended. A couple weeks ago, I like that you built up your Demonology Form using Fury, used that Fury for abilities, and then it would dissipate and start the process over again. Build-up is quite nice. Since the changes to the Doom DoT and Corruption its switching to a stance-dance rotation which I don't think should be intended at all!

I dabbled in affliction but like it is on live, feels like a shadow priest once more. (I didn't go too in-depth because WAY too interested in Demo right now)

I'll just say this is beta...

I have no idea where things are going. I like that the devs seem to be spending lots of time on it. It seems to be a priority. They certainly take warlocks ideas and concerns seriously. I'm just not sure things are moving towards a set goal. What are they trying to get it to look like at the end point? I thought destro was supposed to play like a rogue. Fast moving and spending embers like combo points. We need to generate embers faster and they need to hurt us if we hold them.

Affliction...I'm really digging it. A few tweaks, sure but don't eff it up.

I thought demos big aim was to clean it up and give the caster more time in demo form. So much potential here. Just pick a direction.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2012-05-10 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Ppl that say they like things as they are now are just wanabe hipsters, what is to like in the corrent warlock rotations?
    destro: too much rampup, dots and ISF babysit on a spec that should be about nuking, short CD nukes and blowing things up
    So how does the MoP Destro fix that? A ton of rampup, long cast Chaos Bolt, everything is a hard cast. Traded all of live Destro's instants for what, the 'concept' that Destro should be about nukes? I really don't see why loading our damage into hard cast filler is 'fun'.

The state of Warlocks on live is the reason why my account has been frozen for the whole expansion. That alone is the reason I consider those who do not appreciate MoP Warlocks pathetic. Thats just my lovely opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The state of Warlocks on live is the reason why my account has been frozen for the whole expansion. That alone is the reason I consider those who do not appreciate MoP Warlocks pathetic. Thats just my lovely opinion.
    Why didn't you play another class? Because some MoP lock specs (Destro) play very similarly to other specs.

Deleted
    Because Arcane on beta is now too hard. So he wants the easy way.

If You Can't Change The People Then You Have To Change The People!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    So how does the MoP Destro fix that? A ton of rampup, long cast Chaos Bolt, everything is a hard cast. Traded all of live Destro's instants for what, the 'concept' that Destro should be about nukes? I really don't see why loading our damage into hard cast filler is 'fun'.
    Destro on beta isnt perfect, but its slowly getting there Chaosbolt hits like a truck and its reasonably fast if casted under backdraft, I agree destro needs another button and conflag its too low on damage, but felflame for a instant isnt too bad and generates embers

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my rotations flexible, like my Women.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the current affliction rotation, it just feels clean and natural to me. Demo's current rotation if ok but a little boring. Destruction which was always my favorite spec is currently unplayable to me. The rotation just seems too messy for me.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    I admittedly haven't gotten my Warlock to 85 yet but so far, I like the rotation of Destruction

What exactly is wrong with it come 85?
    Improved Soul Fire (ISF). Clunky as hell. Even with 4 set tier bonus (which returns a shard after Soulburn + Soulfire), having to hard cast a 2.5 second spell just sucks. Improved Imp just doesn't proc enough.

My favourite spec, and in my opinion by far the easiest, is Affliction, but just does not cut it when it comes to any sort of burst damage. It was OK in T11, but seems to be the least effective spec in T13. This is why I am excited for MoP Affliction where it seems like we will get burst damage if needed by blowing shards on Haunt.
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2012-05-10 at 12:23 AM.