Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next it will be peoples weapons are to large and they hinder seeing some sections of a mob/boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minipets make someone rage in dungeons? Just when you think you've heard it all.

Next up it will be; I refuse to tank if that Snowshoe Rabbit is out. Take it out, I'm allergic.

Seriously, it cannot be that bad.
    Warlock (SL main)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    ppl with the damn balloon vanity pets out in dungeons is driving nuts. I have a wide screen moniter and that damn balloon is huge on it.

Blizz should have added some sort of /e command to pop the damn thing and force the toon to cry when its popped, and giving it a respawn timer of 5min or so... Most of the time its healz or dps with it out and they seem to love being if front of u with it out

sry, personally rant or qq depending on how u look at it.
    not sure if serious.

Im thinking and thinking and really have no idea how can this be a problem.
    Assuming u are dps u are targetting by clicking nameplates which are always on top anyway, and switch with tab.

I always have a mini pet out, the Phoenix Hatchling when I'm in Holy spec and the Dark Phoenix Hatchling in Ret spec. I didn't realise they were such an issue tbh. That said, if the OP were to end up in a random dungeon group with me all it would take is a polite whisper and I'd be happy to dismiss whichever pet I had out.

I can't believe someone whining about this

After reading this thread I now have the urge to summon my balloon on my main.... *runs around with balloon* WHEE!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Just when you think you've heard every whine in the book.
    I know. Jesus christ, it's some.. you know... FUN

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    After reading this thread I now have the urge to summon my balloon on my main.... *runs around with balloon* WHEE!
    Just to piss people like this guy off

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    The real menace is that f**king singing sunflower. If there really is a zombie on its lawn, I hope it tears its f**king head off.

And breathe....
    Nooooooooooooo! Happy flower is going NOWHERE! I love it too much. it's so cute. I want to hug it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Well, it's common knowledge in games like EQ2 to not have those pets out while in dungeons/raids. It's part of the discipline of being a raider, much like food/buffs. Distractions aren't needed, especially on pulls.
    he wasn't talking about EQ2 now was he?

I honestly don't understand how vanity pets are any more annoying than that gigantic hunter/druid with the polearm from DS, any hunter's combat pet, various trinket effects exploding visual effects, trains, or gnomes in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohumil View Post
    he wasn't talking about EQ2 now was he?
    I was, to show the difference between discipline raiding and undisciplined raiding WoW-style.

Even though I was an OT/MA, they'll even tell you to remove your Deity cloak that would make you 50% taller on procs.

They're strict, but in the end, raids run smoothly.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I was, to show the difference between discipline raiding and undisciplined raiding WoW-style.

Even though I was an OT/MA, they'll even tell you to remove your Deity cloak that would make you 50% taller on procs.

They're strict, but in the end, raids run smoothly.
    What does that have to do with discipline, it is simply having your raid cripple itself because a few people can't pay attention? If that is the case, and that is what you need to do to make progress it is not an issue of discipline but simply doing what needs to be done to move forward. Granted in the case of WoW pets, there is no benefit provided so not having them out shouldn't be an issue, but then again having them out shouldn't be any more distracting than 500 other things going on in the raid, being able to pay attention is important and if a balloon is throwing you off your game there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. Also what rules get laid down for runs tends to be more of a guild thing than a game thing IMHO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    The real menace is that f**king singing sunflower. If there really is a zombie on its lawn, I hope it tears its f**king head off.

And breathe....
    I hear that... i cannot stand that effing la la la shit it does. Should be an option to turn off pet sounds like you can mute music, ambiance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    What does that have to do with discipline, it is simply having your raid cripple itself because a few people can't pay attention? If that is the case, and that is what you need to do to make progress it is not an issue of discipline but simply doing what needs to be done to move forward. Granted in the case of WoW pets, there is no benefit provided so not having them out shouldn't be an issue, but then again having them out shouldn't be any more distracting than 500 other things going on in the raid, being able to pay attention is important and if a balloon is throwing you off your game there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. Also what rules get laid down for runs tends to be more of a guild thing than a game thing IMHO.
    you are seriously the most brilliant person to post in this thread... and the dude going on and on about EQ2. no one cares what happens in EQ2. the entire EQ line of games is a joke. why do you think they got killed by the game whose forums you happen to posting in? so please, take your EQ fanboy love to another forum. no one cares about that trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    What does that have to do with discipline, it is simply having your raid cripple itself because a few people can't pay attention?
    Everything. Having trash out and blocking the LoS of the tank can cause a wipe. Only undisciplined raiders would even pull such stunts.

In EQ2 YOU are responsible for your actions. It's so strict if you have to leave a group or raid, you're expected to find a replacement. RL doesn't go back to the Qeynos spamming for a replacement, you search your friends list, or spam chat.

If the tank (or RL) has to ask you to put up stuff, that's a strike. Some runs (like with avatar guilds) if you make one mistake you're simply booted, they don't want to even hear, "I'm sorry". Why? Because messing up h-u-r-t-s, like losing a contested boss that is camped for 24/7; or 24 people being locked out of a raid for a week.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bohumil View Post
    no one cares what happens in EQ2. the entire EQ line of games is a joke. why do you think they got killed by the game whose forums you happen to posting in? so please, take your EQ fanboy love to another forum. no one cares about that trash.
    WoW and EQ/EQ2 are linked, because if it wasn't for EQ you wouldn't even have WoW. Some of the Blizzard devs were in fact raiders in EQ. They brought over what they learned from there. So insult EQ and the devs who played and made WoW and see how stupid that all appears. You're not scoring brownie points with that.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saM3h1ZrSZg

What the OP wants to happen all over the world... Of Warcraft.

But seriously, people need to stop letting little things like this bug them. Just get over it and move on
    Last edited by Dasani; 2012-05-10 at 04:10 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Well, it's common knowledge in games like EQ2 to not have those pets out while in dungeons/raids. It's part of the discipline of being a raider, much like food/buffs. Distractions aren't needed, especially on pulls.
    Don't you think that's being a bit melodramatic? I'll be the first to admit that I'm easily distracted, but even so, I've literally never once been distracted by a vanity pet.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 11:12 PM ----------

Everything. Having trash out and blocking the LoS of the tank can cause a wipe. Only undisciplined raiders would even pull such stunts.
    Ah. I wasn't aware that vanity items blocked line of sight.

This changes everything, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    Don't you think that's being a bit melodramatic? I'll be the first to admit that I'm easily distracted, but even so, I've literally never once been distracted by a vanity pet.
    Nope, my Skokar cosmetic pet is bigger than most hunter pets in WoW...

If you move it'll attempt to fly as well.

If I was lower level and had the Marr deity cloak on, my toon can grow to a height 50% taller than the rest of the raid (perfect for the MT, not others). It will block the view of the raid.

Stuff like that goes when grouping/raiding, quick.