Thread: MoP Legendary?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

MoP Legendary?

Hey, i was just thinking about this today.
    What do you guys think the first Legendary will be in MoP?

I have a cool idea ( most likely wont happen though)
    It would be sweet if they had a sheild, and have a quest line for it, and at the end you can choose between a healing shield or a tank shield, and if u wanna switch it charges u like 1 or 2 thousand gold.

my vote goes for a tank shield/weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Naff View Post
    Hey, i was just thinking about this today.
    What do you guys think the first Legendary will be in MoP?

I have a cool idea ( most likely wont happen though)
    It would be sweet if they had a sheild, and have a quest line for it, and at the end you can choose between a healing shield or a tank shield, and if u wanna switch it charges u like 1 or 2 thousand gold.
    There are topics talking about the MoP legendary already.

Tank legendaries are not going to happen no matter how much you beg, to many balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Tank legendaries are not going to happen no matter how much you beg, to many balance issues.
    An actuall blue post stated they wouldn't do Tank legendaries untill they did a caster legendary like a staff.
    Since they did Dragonwrath and Fangs of the Father, the next one should be a tanking item.
    And how is it unbalanced?
    More unbalanced than Legendary daggers for a class that can already be infinitely stealthed in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

No they have stated they are unlikely to do a tank legendary. If they made a tank legendary they would ether have to make the content tuned around tanks having this. Meaning guilds who tanks do not have a legendary are at a serious disadvantage (much more so than a dps missing a legendary), or they would have to basically make it a item that allows for DPS.

Also there are 4 different types of tanks that all use different items and they have also stated they dont want to make legendaries that are different. It causes issues with teh Art team etc.

You can bookmark this and call me out but I am willing to bet 5 years from now you sill wont have.

Fortunally tanks also have dps specs and every class has had a legendary available to them over the past few expansions. Therefore no matter what tank class you play you had an opportunity to have a legendary.

I'm betting it will be a Polearm that can be freely converted between Agi and Spirit (see Benediction for a convertible weapon).

It would be usable by Mistweaver/Windwalker Monks and Resto/Feral Druids. I guess it could be used by tanks too, but meh.

tank legendary is a BAD IDEA.

druids don't show gear so staff is a BAD IDEA.

if you want monk fun a healing mace works the best.

Well if they went with a convertable Aig/Spirit Polearm they'd probably give it a special proc that was only beneficial to DPS and healers (depending on the version you were using). Just like a healer wouldn't use Dragonwrath and a DPS wouldn't use Val'anyr.

Im also willing to bet it wont be convertable. It will ether be for healing or for dps. Sorry people like to dream but thats just not how bliz does legendaries. I could see a AGI dps staff or fist weapon in xpac, I can also see a hunter bow.

Of course there will be a tank legendary, they could just add it for 5.3 and make it take 6 months to get. When the time comes for the first people to acquire theirs it wont matter anymore, the 10% debuff on the final raid will be in effect and it wont mess with balance since 6.0 will make it replaceable by heroic first tier.

Of course there COULD be*
    Last edited by Agem; 2012-05-10 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Wrong choice of word

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    I'm betting it will be a Polearm that can be freely converted between Agi and Spirit (see Benediction for a convertible weapon).

It would be usable by Mistweaver/Windwalker Monks and Resto/Feral Druids. I guess it could be used by tanks too, but meh.
    And blood dks!

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Im also willing to bet it wont be convertable. It will ether be for healing or for dps. Sorry people like to dream but thats just not how bliz does legendaries. I could see a AGI dps staff or fist weapon in xpac, I can also see a hunter bow.
    I doubt they'd do two fist weapons cause they just did a 2-set Agi legendary. An Agi polearm (or Staff) would make sense because it could easily be tied into the new Monk lore. Druids could use it too so it wouldn't be exclusive to one class.

It's always fun to read these threads as most of the time you can tell what classes all the people that respond are.

Can you tell what class I am?

Warlock clearly!

it will be a polearm for monks & cat druids :>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    And how is it unbalanced?
    What type of weapon could they make for tanks as a legendary that wont make one tank preferred over the other? Remeber... the tanking classes are: Warrior/Druid/Paladin/Death Knight/Monk.

1h weapon? Nope.
    2h weapon? Nope.
    Shield? Nope.

That's how it would be unbalanced. Unless they did what other people have said. Making one legendary quest give out multiple options of items I doubt it will ever happen.

HOWEVER

I could see a feral druid/monk *DPS* staff being made.
    Last edited by iDot; 2012-05-10 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agem View Post
    Of course there will be a tank legendary, they could just add it for 5.3 and make it take 6 months to get. When the time comes for the first people to acquire theirs it wont matter anymore, the 10% debuff on the final raid will be in effect and it wont mess with balance since 6.0 will make it replaceable by heroic first tier.
    they already said there won't be

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    tank legendary is a BAD IDEA.

druids don't show gear so staff is a BAD IDEA.

if you want monk fun a healing mace works the best.
    Yah... they haven't done that yet have they... /s