Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Devs pay attention, the Warlock tank is easy!

Metamorphosis - You transform into a Demon. This form increases your armor by 600%, damage by 20% (based upon mastery), reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and damage taken by 15%.

Glyph of Demon Hunting - Grants threatening presence. Converts the damage increase bonus given from mastery into increased dodge chance. ( the goal is to get dodge chance between 25-35 percent)

*new ability* Demonic command - Commands the target to attack you (8 second cd)

-While in demon form you soul shatter taunts all targets within 30 yards (2 min cd)

- Your demonic slash crits place an absorb shield equal to 35 percent of the damage done. *this means that lock tanks can look for all cloth gear without haste or spirit. So Mastery will increase dodge chance, hit will be a threat stat, and crit will be a tanking stat bc it will increase your absorb shield chance.

Comparable tanking abilities already granted to warlock:

Dark bargin - 8 second bubble (like a pally bubble)
    Twilight ward - prevents magic damage (like a dks ams)
    Sacrifactial pact - standard 1 min tanking cd that decreased dmg taken (similar to shield block)
    Unending Resolve- basic 50 percent damage reduction cd (shield wall) 3 min cd

-Other major tanking glyph ideas -
    - glyph of demonic slash - increased the critical strike chance of demonic slash by 5%.
    - glyph of unending resolve - reduces the cd of unending resolve by 1 minute.
    - glyph of twilight ward - your twilight ward now absorbs physical damage instead of magical damage, but its effectiveness is reduced by 50 percent.

Basically locks have all they need to tank they just need that avoidance (dodge) if you glyph it to convert the damage into dodge it would be an easy fix that wouldnt be overpowered in pvp. Do it!!!
    Last edited by Cepheid; 2012-05-10 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    What's the point of this? We've all heard it before and the Devs dont read here... or not officially anyway.

Deleted
    blizz already said that the glyph wasn´t meant to turn warlocks into tanks, and i guess that won´t change in MoP

Deleted
    I would like to tank but even i am tired of this debate... it wont happen, not in MoP. Just let it go.

Odd, because:

1) Challenging Shout (we used to have it too, as Challenging Roar) and all similar abilities are removed in MOP
    2) Hit is always a threat stat. Dodge is lame as a mastery
    3) The critical strikes reminds me of the old mastery for bears (Savage Defense) - not saying it's a terrible idea, but definitely not a good one for a glyph
    4) I'd love AMS on a warlock, so, so, so, much
    5) Shield Wall can be 2 minutes, 40%, or 4 minutes, 60% in live (not sure about beta). It definitely can't be 3 min, 50% which is what everything else is. Point is, Glyph of Unending Resolve is above "needed"

Nah they should make Enhancement Shaman tanks. They have a taunt, can equip shields, and even have baseline heals. IS IT NOT OBVIOUS!?!?
    Last edited by Bridius; 2012-05-10 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    A warlock tank? What a droll idea!

It was never an issue of Blizzard not being able to figure out how warlocks could be viable tanks. That's easy.

Blizzard has said very clearly that they do not want warlocks to be tanks. Ever. The abilities you have are there to, at best, hold a boss for a few seconds while the real tank gets rezzed. It's the same idea as a hunter pet tanking or the shaman ability that massively increased their threat generation (I think they had a taunt mechanic as well). You are there for the "Oh Shit!" moments, not to be the MT.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    Nah they should make Enhancement Shaman tanks. They have a taunt, can equip shield, and even have baseline heals. IS IT NOT OBVIOUS!?!?
    The Enhance in my raid often complains at his healers when forced to use MW5 on GHW. I'll similarly complain now if I ever have to Ember Tap, ever.
    That said, our DA taunt is a taunt. Shamans don't have a taunt.

we're not tanks, period,
    you want to tank? roll a class that can be a tank.

if anything our pet should be the tank, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    The Enhance in my raid often complains at his healers when forced to use MW5 on GHW. I'll similarly complain now if I ever have to Ember Tap, ever.
    That said, our DA taunt is a taunt. Shamans don't have a taunt.
    I'm almost positive Shamans have some sort of taunt via Rockbiter Weapon.

Deleted
    They even have 40% damage reduction with one of their 90 talent through it.
    Emergency tanks, that's all.

Unleash Earth distracts, but does not taunt. Seems minor but having soloed with a pet, the difference is quite major.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    They even have 40% damage reduction with one of their 90 talent through it.
    Emergency tanks, that's all.
    Yea that's what I was getting at. I love how Demo can be an emergency tank now, but beyond that I can't imagine why anyone would want a dedicated spec for it.

We're a pure DPS class, and we'll always be better than Mages

They are not going to add a new role through a glyph in the same expansion that they split Feral into two seperate specs.
    If Warlocks can ever tank (don't bet on it) then it'll be as a fourth spec, same with Shamans.
    It is also far too late into the development process now to add in a new tank class balanced entirely around stats that no other tank uses.

In a future expansion maybe but it will never happen in Mists of Pandaria and couldn't even if they wanted it to without significant delays to release, so please stop asking for it.

Deleted
    Even if it may not be Blizzard's intention, I successfully fully tanked the 4 MoP dungeons (which, considering that DA's damage reduction wasn't working, rather proves that they were just too easy ), and it was the most fun I ever had in this beta.
    Anyway with the last demo changes (Chaos Wave, Doom and Soul Fire fury cost), Dark Apotheosis isn't viable anymore. I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted

the fear of being forced to tank as a warlock is not what i want.
    on the other tank classes u can avoid it be saying hey i dont have enough tanking gear, but with that proposed design, raid leaders can force any warlock to use a glyph and be a tank.
    also.....warlocks just dont have a valiant tanking theme so it wont feel right, even in a demon form.
    however, if you proposed demon form being a magic-melee spec i would say ok (other classes have that niche alrdy tho)
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

Why all the hate at having a caster tank. Just because it could exist doesn't mean it will somehow take away the other 3 specs. Some of us like the idea of being shadow wielding demonic bad-asses who don't care how hard you hit us, we will just keep slicing you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    on the other tank classes u can avoid it be saying hey i dont have enough tanking gear, but with that proposed design, raid leaders can force any warlock to use a glyph and be a tank.
    Not true of bears pre-MOP. But more often than not most good raiders are enthusiastic when it comes to using off-specs/gear. Especially if it means the difference between a raid happening or not.

I know I am disappointed when I am "forced" to switch characters to tank/heal a run and I would much rather just switch specs. And no, I'm not "forced"-forced, but it's the difference between a run happening or not.

Guess it's also the difference between those willing to step up as far as even going on another toon (and potentially missing out on VERY rare drops - cunning, for example), and those who bitch and whine and want limited options, because they can't handle having more options in a guild/raid without being able to either step up and use them if needed on bad days, or even at least have the backbone to explain that they haven't prepared a spec/gearset/rotation for their other roles.

(This, by the way, is not limited to DPS. On multiple runs I have broken out a horribad boomkin/feral spec on my resto druid in order to 2-heal Ultraxion in PUG runs, to kill him before berserks. Again, I could have bitched and whined and stopped the run right there. But I explained that my spec was bad and I had no practice/gearset, but I did it anyway and we ended up clearing the instance.)

To be honest, even if not all specs can/can't do roles, I know which type of player I would like in a guild.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-10 at 09:39 PM.

This is a new and unique forum post, I'll pay closer attention to it.

It's not happening. Blizzard said it's not happening... It's just not happening. Sorry.