Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    so instead of 10s or 100s getting started on an expansion, trying to do quests, etc. you can have 1000s or 10000s or more trying for the same quest resources, etc. world's weren't set up to run with millions, so, no, bad idea.

You'd be correct if the 85-90 zones in MOP were cross-realm zones. Per the blue, the only zones being considered are the dead low-level zones, of which there are plenty between two Vanilla continents that can be utilized to satisfactorily provide an interactive questing community.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wintergrasp and Tol Barad get revamped and turned into cross-realm PVP zones. There's your world PVP brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

LOL this is gonna be funny when a multiboxer just camps a zone.... and they will here is the senario, normally some 85 would gank your lowbie and someone elses from another realm, so then you both would go get your 85s to do something about it. Now the boxer is just going to farm kills off your mains until finally enough people get pissed and show up that can actually kill him.... then BOOM server goes back to normal and he dissappears

All I see in general is basically it's going to turn zones into rotating battlegrounds, yes world pvp will be back... the problem is people like world pvp until they lose.... then it's someone just ganking them. I just see it as a griefing tool and it will actually make the game LESS friendly to new coming players.

This used to be a big reason why people who switched to pvp server later in the game were reluctant to do so, the fear of being ganked by a max level over and over, and having no main to do something about it, or no friends to back them up and help them because no one cares about you until you can raid....

Also as mentioned, the AH and the raid recruitment is the problem on low pop servers... not solo questing.. basically they are ruining the ONE good thing about low pop servers, and not doing a thing about the real issue.

The only people I see who are giddy about this new feature are the gankers.... and all it's going to do is make the game more unfriendly than it already is, and destroy the little bit of community we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by kays View Post
    oh god terrible idea is terrible, this should be called you'll never finish a kill quest again!
    Yea... i actually like leveling allone because no one is there who kills your quest mobs... no one is disturbing you. Even group quests can be done solo... and with arena quests... well just call an high level of you choise... no crossrealm areas needet..

10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds great...but so did the LFG tool, i want it to be great though.
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Remember it would go both ways, though; there might be more of an opposite faction in a zone, but there will also be more of your faction.
    Not on my server. There are two types of people in low level zones - people who are leveling, and gankers. The people who are leveling might switch to their mains, but some gankers consider that a 'win'.

Look, you can love it all you want, I'm not looking forward to it. If I level a monk, it's going to be via LFD only as soon as they hit level 20 or whatever the minimum level to enter LFD is these days. Gank *this*, gankers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    Yea... i actually like leveling allone because no one is there who kills your quest mobs... no one is disturbing you. Even group quests can be done solo... and with arena quests... well just call an high level of you choise... no crossrealm areas needet..
    And here I thought we were all playing an MMO...

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Not on my server. There are two types of people in low level zones - people who are leveling, and gankers. The people who are leveling might switch to their mains, but some gankers consider that a 'win'.

Look, you can love it all you want, I'm not looking forward to it. If I level a monk, it's going to be via LFD only as soon as they hit level 20 or whatever the minimum level to enter LFD is these days. Gank *this*, gankers!
    Not on your server, but... wouldn't that be the point of this tool? More people of your faction from other servers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    This doesn't help those of use who are already max level on dead servers at all.

I can't even buy landslide on the AH one my server, that's how bad it is right now.

I sincerely hope this isn't all you have planned to help deal with low Pop servers.
    I hear your pain, putting together an efficient 10 man raid on my realm is next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I am. I want to get to max level as fast as possible so i can play my toon with many other people through LFG and LFR at endgame content. This just gimps leveling. That's all this does.

Quote Originally Posted by cferrill1 View Post
    The only people I see who are giddy about this new feature are the gankers.... and all it's going to do is make the game more unfriendly than it already is, and destroy the little bit of community we have left.
    I agree, but my server has no community left anyway. Some group of jerks calling their guild the Bad News Bears managed to ruin it before they imploded like the... excrement that they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    Agreed,

you should be able to toggle the cross-realm zones on/off however you like it.

For example I'm happy with my high populated Frostmane EU and I don't want players from another servers to come and disturb me while I'm Questing, completing Achievements or farming Ore.

Cross-realm (LFD/LFR/BG/Arena) = ok
    Cross-realm zones = not ok for me

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Needed change, but the nail in the coffin for realm communities.
    What is that? I have been playing WoW since release, and community went to the crappers a loooong time ago. I really do wonder, what "community" people keep talking about, beyond their guilds, seriously...

Deleted
    Finaly i can Camp low levels i missed that alot

What's the point of allowing player to get more people to group with during low-level stuff, if the low-level stuff remains being that easy? Currently there is ABSOLUTELY NO POINT to group up, cause everything is piss easy, soloable, you're able to breeze through it within minutes, and the odd character I meet while questing I deeply regret, as they only slow me down by having to camp twice as much yetis for their skins ^^

Make content more difficult, slower-paced, the group experience worthwile, and then introduce this... Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwish View Post
    it sounds great...but so did the LFG tool, i want it to be great though.
    LFR was, is and will always be an amazing feature and technology in the game. What mostly ruined it was the initial looting system they went with. Not the tool itself, which is simply amazing. And they are making steps to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    It still is, but its end level MMO. The game is drifting from leveling towards last level raiding/PvP/Dungeons etc w/e floats your boat for years now. It is done by both players and developers. Leveling is made faster and faster, easier and easier with absolutely every expansion and sometimes even patch. Less and less ppl are interested in leveling itself and just rush with their eyes closed so they can get to that damn 85 asap. PvE and PvP balance of classes and specs is ENTERELY done around 85lvl, any qq post followed by blue one says that. So dont blame the ppl that WANT to play that MMO, that when they complain about something that will slow them to that goal, wich is playing the said MMO that they should go play single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just shows that Blizzard can never win with people. First its "The world is empty! Nobody does open world pvp" they introduce this fantastic sounding feature so you'l run into people when leveling again and people go "But now i'l keep seeing people everywhere!!". I'm just happy that i'l run into people again when leveling my monk and possibly make some new friends like i did when i played through it before. ...That soudned less cliche in my head but i'l stick to it.

I don't understand WoW players, this change is awesome. Instead of dead zones, we will get places with "lots of people", isn't it great? I mean, everytime I start to lvl a toon with quests, I end up only doing dungeons because there's no one else in the zone, and I end up falling asleep =/

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading about this, I'm really impressed.

It's essentially load-balancing; so that overpopulated areas, even on the same server, can spawn multiple 'instances' of themselves.
    So if you are on a high-pop server, and you are trying to create a Pandaren on MoP launch day, you won't have to contend with your entire server all at once.

This is sheer genius, and it has a lot of plus sides.

It'll revitalize world PvP, because people from other servers can all get together seamlessly. On a PvP server, this will serve to populate areas that might otherwise not have much traffic.

It'll make the world seem a whole lot bigger too. I can see only benefits from this, and I'm really excited to see it in action.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst idea I have ever seen Blizzard implement :|