Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Won't the ore/herb prices skyrocket on every realm?
    Nope. Don't forget the merged zones are instanced, which means they are not on your home server anyway - they're running on a different server. People farming in these instanced zones will sell the ores/herbs/skins on their home realm because the AHs are not merged (yet). Prices will stay stable at best. Don't forget that if an instanced zone is over populated, the system will automatically create another one.

Bring Elite quests back then, elite mobs.
    Now they have enough people around to group up and do elites.

All these cross realm features remind me of surrogates the movie.

This is not the experience i had back in vanilla. Everyone knew each other back then.

You know what would be best?

Merge every server to it's capacity with 50/50 horde/ally balance first, THEN introduce cross realm features like this as an ADDITIONAL FEATURE.

Currently it's not something that would make me return to wow.

Well... I guess I better camp TLPD and the likes now while the zones are not populated by people from 10 different realms doing the same.

Deleted
    This technology is obsolete and not fun anymore. Because wow is old it have to run on outdated engine where servers can't manage resources enough to keep area populated without lags etc.
    This happend because 1 server can handle like 5 zones, when 1 zone become populated other have lags also, however other server who handle other zones have free resources but cannot unload first one, current idea is to create virtual worlds, but this is not fun !! because we wont see anymore any mega population events (remember tbc gate open ?) , no more outdoor raids with half server population. This blizzard idea only exist because they still want charge for server transfers. We could have 1 realm with like everymap with 50 virtual instances, this could work too but its still not good option. There is already possible to create dynamic resources managment where like 5 servers could manage even stormwind only and not instanced. If servers are able to handle current population when players are on different places. Why they should not be able to handle when all they will be in smaller area ? This because engine it's outdated and they cannot use unused resources to support overloaded area.
    If thing go like now soon we can expect something like this in game:
    Lets meet at b5/s43/i12/darkshore/66x11
    where B5 means battle group5 , server 43, instance 12 , darkshore, and cords 66x11
    Thats not fun anymore.
    Last edited by mmoce25bb59b83; 2012-05-11 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juggerneat View Post
    All these cross realm features remind me of surrogates the movie.

This is not the experience i had back in vanilla. Everyone knew each other back then.

You know what would be best?

Merge every server to it's capacity with 50/50 horde/ally balance first, THEN introduce cross realm features like this as an ADDITIONAL FEATURE.

Currently it's not something that would make me return to wow.
    that would be the best thing but this is the 2nd best thing. be great to see people everywhere and questing. be enjoyable again. wave to others and group up because there are a few of us around. love it

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, have to see it in practice though really.
    Ineed. First I was like "wtf", but hey, this could mean a lot of World PvP!!!!! and Azeroth wouldn't be so empty anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best addition to wow in a long time. Maybe world pvp will come back to life again, barrens raids etc...

Deleted
    It's not just about server limits - it's about player experience too. I don't want to stand in a single instanced SW with 2000 people crowded into the AH.

Deleted
    Omg, but that will ruin some people's single player experience. How can they be arsed to level when they are 10 people leveling besides them or god forbid they will be ganked....

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard, taking the good stuff from other MMOs and perfecting it.

That's why WoW is so strong, even when confused tools are talking about it dying
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

But what will this do for RP realms? some RP guilds like to exit their capitals every once in a while and probably wont like to be harassed by someone on a PvP realm without the addtional RP rules so no way to report them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    But what will this do for RP realms? some RP guilds like to exit their capitals every once in a while and probably wont like to be harassed by someone on a PvP realm without the addtional RP rules so no way to report them.
    Q. How will this work for PvP vs. PvE realms? Will these realm types be shared?
    No. Realm types will be matched with like realm types. So if you’re on a PvE realm, you’ll only be matched with other PvE realms. The same rules will apply for matching RP realm types and will be restricted to matching RP-PvP with RP-PvP and RP-PvE with RP-PvE. We plan to keep an eye on constructive feedback while testing this new technology.
    They do think about these things.

You won't get ganked unless you're on a PvP or RP-PvP server, or you get invited by realid to such a server.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way to steal ideas from gw2 blizz. -_-

This is the freaking future! WoW leading the charge once more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Way to steal ideas from gw2 blizz. -_-
    ArenaNet has Cross-Realm Zones technology too?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read through the first 10 pages. And I saw a lot of guys saying that they like the idea, but they don't want to be cross-realmed between pve and pvp realms. And similar thing saying that they don't want to be ganked because they chose to play on a pve realm and not pvp.
    I like the idea a lot. And to the guys that complained about this. Did you read the entire first post ? Did you read the blue posts ?
    They said specifically that only pvp-pvp or pve-pve realms will be matched. So enough with the wrong speculations.
    They are doing it, it looks very good and I think they will do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyptheria View Post
    Nope. Don't forget the merged zones are instanced, which means they are not on your home server anyway - they're running on a different server. People farming in these instanced zones will sell the ores/herbs/skins on their home realm because the AHs are not merged (yet). Prices will stay stable at best. Don't forget that if an instanced zone is over populated, the system will automatically create another one.
    I guess you missed the point. If the low level zones will be instanced, then ALL players in that instance will share the resources (ores, herbs, loots), thus it will be more time consuming to actually farm anything. Naturally the prices will go higher because of this.
    To solve this problem, Blizzard should do one of these 2 things:
    1. Players should be able to manually exit/enter these instanced zones.
    2. AH's should be cross-realm as well.

Deleted
    This will put the final nail in the coffin of server community. It will be a giant repeat of what LFD did to WoW but on a grander scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    This will put the final nail in the coffin of server community. It will be a giant repeat of what LFD did to WoW but on a grander scale.
    I have to disagree on this one. Sure, if they implemented this during Vanilla when the zones were fresh, and everyone hung out there, it could destroy the community, but today those zones are devoid of people. Server community is mostly defined by the higher level players, who talk in chat, are in guilds, and usually are not in these zones, as it sounds like it will be mostly level 60 or below zones.