Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm sorry but what? )

The items are listed by Blizzard and the bidded gold will go to Blizzard, you can't get any profit out of it as a player(Other than the item you win, and all of the items are BoP)
    Basic economics. This black market ah both creates incentive for having large sums of gold (demand) and it takes gold of the market, lowering the amount of gold available (supply). This is so brilliant for goldsellers that it doesn't just affect one side of the economy, it affects both. This has the potential to really increase the worth of gold (which during cata went down to depressing levels).

surprise noone else noticed that they are selling t3 on that black market...

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    surprise noone else noticed that they are selling t3 on that black market...
    Except that they did. Multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, another gold sink. Great idea, to be honest. I'm never going to have enough gold to buy anything from it, but still, it's great. Going to take lots of gold from the market.

If mounts like Ashes are still farmable, lots of people are going to have it either way, as farming TK will be considerably easier in next the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceDH View Post
    Gold cap has never been 999k gold
    It's 214,748g 36s 46c, the max number an Integer can hold.
    *the more you know*
    The screen shot in the post would like a word with you.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...y/blkmkt04.jpg

Gold cap has never been 999k gold
    It's 214,748g 36s 46c, the max number an Integer can hold.
    *the more you know*

Did you just fail at trying to be a smartass?

Or were you merely joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Did you just fail at trying to be a smartass?

Or were you merely joking?
    It was the cap back in the day, it seems they have changed it since then, removed my post after I noticed.

Very well then.

Let's reward the AH abusing zombies? Lame addition.

Deleted
    So now they're selling stuff like T3 and ashes on this Black Market? Looks like Blizz has finally found a great Goldsink

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    BM-AH creates more demand for illegally farmed gold... seriously it's economy 101...
    Yes, I think the Black Market will be a "botter exclusive"-market. I got 1,7million gold without of any cheating involved and I'm afraid that even I won't be able to buy anything during the first few months cause I know botter on my low-pop-server that have 3 times as much gold...and make that amount of gold in less than 3 weeks.
    I already see the bots popping up like crazy during the first weeks of MoP when the AH prices are ridiculous high...

It was the cap back in the day, it seems they have changed it since then, removed my post after I noticed.
    since 4.0.1 http://www.wowwiki.com/Money#Gold_limit that's a decent chunk of time ago

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Yes, I think the Black Market will be a "botter exclusive"-market. I got 1,7million gold without of any cheating involved and I'm afraid that even I won't be able to buy anything during the first few months cause I know botter on my low-pop-server that have 3 times as much gold...and make that amount of gold in less than 3 weeks.
    I already see the bots popping up like crazy during the first weeks of MoP when the AH prices are ridiculous high...
    yea except that once somebody bids "cap" amount of gold, they can't be outbid even by a bot no matter how many characters they have more gold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
    So you won't feel like a special snowflake anymore big deal. I feel it goes down to which mount you like riding the most whether its how it looks, color, size, whatever.
    What a dumb standard reply. Try to wrap your mind around the fact that THE ONLY REASON said items are desirable is because they are rare. The second derps can just buy them on some AH they devalue and become boring, worthless crap. But hey, let's keep the newbies happy, they will get a kick out of it for 2 weeks.

i would never do pet battles while in stormwind or elsewhere, i would stand at that damn auctionhouse all time oO

dunno if thats good or bad... good idea actually... but seems like big time rng and waste of time for some who will never have any luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a good idea, the items will be random, so it will still be rare to see something like Ashes of Al'ar, and even if we do, only 1 person can buy it.

oh lovely, the black market is a gold sink for the super rich to get super items with no effort unless running a few addons and going back and forth from the ah to mailbox now takes effort. what a fitting name

With the Black Market AH I can see gold sellers making fat bank from this

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    What a dumb standard reply. Try to wrap your mind around the fact that THE ONLY REASON said items are desirable is because they are rare. The second derps can just buy them on some AH they devalue and become boring, worthless crap. But hey, let's keep the newbies happy, they will get a kick out of it for 2 weeks.
    What about those of us who like things because we like the way they look?
    I'd ride Ashes all day every day even if everyone else had one, because I like the way it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    With the Black Market AH I can see gold sellers making fat bank from this
    how? im pretty sure rare bop mounts will still be bop after buying.. boe al'ar? no way
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    the amount of downtime lately has been a bit annoying... over half the time the servers arent even up.. or are undergoing maintenance... which usually last 6-10 hours even though they try to butter it up by saying 4-6 hours... then when you finally get everything downloaded and go to log in, NEW PATCH... spend another 6-10 hours offline...

kinda confused as to how they are getting things tested properly. unless they are doing a ton of internal testing and only humoring the masses with a test server.
    Bingo.... you really think they are filtering bug reports from 1.2M players. There is an internal server and a F&F server that are both a few patches ahead of you guys. Why do you think you are seeing achievements from raids being updated so frequently?

You are testing the server architecture and the new zone tech.