Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys didn't read the implied print. "Auctions vary by server" to me means, low population servers get the rarest mounts. Maybe even low population factions, though less likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the QQs are about to hit the roof when some snowflakes know that their RARE mounts would be purchasable by gold.

That auction house and the shaman changes... god, what is wrong with the developers?

I think it (the black auction market) is a good idea (in print). Let's see how it works when it's implemented and go from there.

So there is one market per server, right? Which means both horde and alliance can bid. I'm guessing your chance on actually winning one of these items will be very slim unless you have a lot of gold and are sitting at the auction house hour upon hour of the day to keep tabs of your bids. Most people are more likely to get these rare mounts by farming them than waiting on one to pop up every 3-4 months (or however much they plan on placing them on the auction house).

Black market AH is a horrible idea. The only people who will win any auctions will be the ones who buy gold, the same ones who buy trading card mounts for 300-500k currently.
    Last edited by morfraen; 2012-05-13 at 06:42 AM.

Finally, a way to get T3!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    oh man I hope Corrupted Ashbringer can appear on that Black Market thing
    This is something I was hoping myself, winning!

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB deviate scale belt pattern ...anyway ...haha @ black market auction house complainers. hope this goes live and all you can do is whine. i plan on buying stuff and doing so without ahing or buying gold. i farm like a real man; dungeons, raids and questing on 10 different toons and selling profession services.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I think the QQs are about to hit the roof when some snowflakes know that their RARE mounts would be purchasable by gold.
    God forbid people earn their gear.

Meanwhile, gold farmers are cheering at all the increased business they'll be getting.

Black market is soo stupid idea.

Consecration base damage has been reduced by 24%.

lulz!!!!!!!

I'm all for the Black Market AH. I busted my ass this expansion selling stuff in the AH. Now I have a pile of gold and nothing to spend it on. This will be a great gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Can't say I like the AH thing - the content will be easy enough to solo with the increased level cap, why not just leave it at that? This is just going to promote gold selling.

And to everyone complaining about "special snowflakes", why can't people have things you don't have? You're just as bad, if not worse. We have a word for it, Spite, and I'd much rather be a "special snowflake" than spiteful.
    It is a needed gold sink.

Why can't "special snowflakes" be happy that everybody else will have a way to obtain the same things they have?

I'll never understand the fixation people have with mounts in this game.

People who think you need to buy gold to afford stuff that costs 500k should learn how to sell stuff instead of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'll never understand the fixation people have with mounts in this game.
    Shh... we have inflation to kill.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    God forbid people earn their gear.

Meanwhile, gold farmers are cheering at all the increased business they'll be getting.
    Farming trivialized content is as far from "earning" gear and items as buying it with gold is.

The bigger PvE players who managed to kill Kael'Thas during TBC (without the 30% nerf on everything) where rightfully dismayed due to the fact that the legendary status mount was brought down to yet another farmable.

Yet the people who mindlessly farm it now while having the stats of a raidboss themselves, feel like their "effort" is being devalued.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I will ever be able to sympathize with those people. The Kael'Thas fight was one of the most complex, unforgiving, high awareness fights of TBC. The mount was a legendary status symbol recognized from any place anywhere. Yet now the mindless farmers feel their mount is "earned" by farming it once a week?

Deleted
    Dont like the "AH" at all, ashes of alar and T3 gear for gold is stupid

Deleted
    I realy hope Black Market won't include no longer obtainable mounts like Swift Zulian Tiger, Black proto drake or Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal. IMHO that would be ridiculous to just go and buy lets say Swift Zulian Tiger (which i farmed for 3 years every reset, some weeks on multiple characters, and didnt even seen it once). That would make me sick if I see some to just buy this mount for gold!!! Or whats more imagine, you are former Scarab Lord and you see some kid, which parrents have too much money and let him buy gold, purchasing Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and perhaps even getting title which you had to work realy hard to obtain.

What would be next step: AH which sells documents that promotes you with titles like: Death's Demise, the Immortal or other realm first/no longer obtainable titles????

Blizzard please don't ruin this game completely!!! I don't have Scarab Lord mount or even Zulian Tiger but please NO!!! just NO!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWaria View Post
    I realy hope Black Market won't include no longer obtainable mounts like Swift Zulian Tiger, Black proto drake or Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal. IMHO that would be ridiculous to just go and buy lets say Swift Zulian Tiger (which i farmed for 3 years every reset, some weeks on multiple characters, and didnt even seen it once). That would make me sick if I see some to just buy this mount for gold!!! Or whats more imagine, you are former Scarab Lord and you see some kid, which parrents have too much money and let him buy gold, purchasing Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and perhaps even getting title which you had to work realy hard to obtain.

What would be next step: AH which sells documents that promotes you with titles like: Death's Demise, the Immortal or other realm first/no longer obtainable titles????

Blizzard please don't ruin this game completely!!! I don't have Scarab Lord mount or even Zulian Tiger but please NO!!! just NO!!!

How is farming the boss in a trivialized state any more "earning" it than farming a ridiculous amount of gold?

About the Scarab Lord. Pretty much every Scarab Lord you see is someone who farmed it at level 70 and transferred to open the gates. During those opening events hundreds of people got the mount and the title. It was devalued greatly long ago, it is nothing more than a very extensive trivialized farming mount now.
    Last edited by mmocb9db9223dd; 2012-05-13 at 08:33 AM.