Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Sha cosmetic glyph?

So, I just opened up my DeviantART inbox to see this:

And instantly got the idea of, what if there was a cosmetic Glyph for Warlocks that turned your Demons into Sha's, would that be something you'd like to see or do you think it is dumb? It would also go well with the Tier 14 for Warlocks:

Neat art.

I'm almost always in favor of new, fun things. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just throw it up on the official forms and see what happens.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I'd use that !

Minor flaw!

Pandabears cant be warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it would work better as a proc effect for the tier set. Your spell crits have a chance to summon a sha which does something for a few seconds.

Deleted
    Isn't this kind of reminiscent of the T4 with the slightly shadowy waves spinning in the back?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know exactly where the Sha come from, what innitiated them, so we don't know if they are demonic in origin. I doubt it though, and while they look cool, our demons should, in my opinion be demonic. Fel beings from brought here from the twisting nether. I suspect the Sha are more of an Old God thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there a Pandaren dressed as a Warlock?

OT: It would be cool to see but with the glyph that already changed the models of demons, I doubt it will be changed again any time soon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We don't know exactly where the Sha come from, what innitiated them, so we don't know if they are demonic in origin. I doubt it though, and while they look cool, our demons should, in my opinion be demonic. Fel beings from brought here from the twisting nether. I suspect the Sha are more of an Old God thing.
    There's a thread somewhere that has the lore of how they were made. Nothing involving old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    How do you explain the use of the Twilight element by the MoP Warlock? It sounds quite Old God-ish to me. It is not only about fel, but void, twilight and arcane in general.

It could be a nice idea. But there aren't enough Sha models to fit all the demons, plus after MoP it would be a bit strange to have Warlocks going around with sha pets.

I think i'd prefer to have a set bonus summoning sha minions, like T12.

Deleted
    Asian culture has their own set of demons and in MoP's case its teh sha. One of Japans actually myth demons is a drinking demon that you can only see when drunk so totally fits.

Warlocks are already capable of summoning lesser demons and now stronger demons. Whos to say they can't learn to summon less sha demons? (as that is what they are)

Also in the future there could be pandalocks just like we got tauren paladins etc, just not this xpac. Would make lore sense as many races now have been taught to be monks (essentially martial arts which is a bit easier/faster than summoning dark powers), and it would take time for any race not known to fall prey to the 'dark side' of life to decide to take up the warlock mantle. They could also do the reverse and take the light and become paladins (they can already be priests).

But its not for this xpac, perhaps one or two down the line maybe but not now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    How do you explain the use of the Twilight element by the MoP Warlock? It sounds quite Old God-ish to me. It is not only about fel, but void, twilight and arcane in general.
    It's explained in the new Council of the Six Daggers storybook in Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

A group of master warlocks has been going to Outland, the Firelands, the Twilight Bastion, etc., to research and steal powerful spells, so that they could teach them to their followers.

That's where all the new warlock abilities come from in the lore.

Honestly, I could see warlocks getting some Sha stuff in a similar manner, but not until we've spent some more time on Pandaria. Our characters are just now getting there, it's too soon to have glyphs and whatnot devoted to them.

It has been renamed the Council of the Black Harvest in the latest build!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    It has been renamed the Council of the Black Harvest in the latest build!
    Did anything anything change apart from the name? Is there anything new? Please link anything that is available :P

Has appeal no doubt due to being deemed to be cool, but warlocks twist existing schools of magic to their own ends.
    Manifestations of negative emotions are an entity in their own right, and not the consequences of a school of magic.
    Desire for eye-candy being placed above all else again.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Has appeal no doubt due to being deemed to be cool, but warlocks twist existing schools of magic to their own ends.
    Manifestations of negative emotions are an entity in their own right, and not the consequences of a school of magic.
    Desire for eye-candy being placed above all else again.
    Your user name definitely suits you. You play a game and have about 3 comments blaming the term "eye candy". Have you forgotten that you play a game? Cause in a game, "eye-candies" do actually matter.

Your user name definitely suits you. You play a game and have about 3 comments blaming the term "eye candy". Have you forgotten that you play a game? Cause in a game, "eye-candies" do actually matter.
    And far better looking games which abandoned playability for flashy graphics which despite being touted as wow killers have fallen flat for that reason amongst others.
    So yes my comments about eye-candy are very much appropriate, because they have their place.
    Wow has managed perfectly well with lower quality graphics because the gameplay was there.
    All the fuss over the latest wow-killers being so much better looking proves how blind the community really is, a point I was making.

If the best you can do is complain about a repeated use of a phrase rather than actually find fault with my opinions, then I feel my point has been proven.

I do not want wow falling into that mentality where flashy stuff matters more than the fundamentals.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-05-13 at 01:27 PM.

Flashy stuff draws you in. Good, engaging gameplay holds you there. Social bonds make you keep playing even after the ennui sets in.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are Sha even demons? I was under the impression they were in league with faceless ones, as in, undefined and not alive nor dead.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 04:58 PM ----------

the Twilight element seems to have gotten into shadow priests and even shamans.