Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In before fanboys tell you they're totally different and that ANet designed him much sooner etc etc.
    Oddly enough, let's look at this from a different perspective. Deathwing, as you see him in Cata, is actually a redesign. Go back to prior versions, even prior to WoW, and you'll find Deathwing looks nothing like the Cata incarnation. The Cata incarnation though? Well, let's be honest, Guild Wars 2 has been in development for a very, very long time now. Which one came first? Well, the Shatterer's concept art had been floating around a long time before its first in game reveal.. but I wouldn't care to say which came first. Let's say it came first or even second though.

What does that mean? Absolutely nothing.

Whether we're talking about WoW or Guild Wars, the dragon made from a mish mash of solids and glowy non-solids is in fact.. nothing new. It wasn't new when Arena.net did it. It wasn't new when Blizzard did it. Neither of them copies one another, and any similarities are pure happenstance because they both just happen to be Dragon creatures made up of a mish-mash of solids and glowy non-solids.

I'd actually be able to conjure the energy to care if the fights were identical, but we've seen the fight with the Shatterer in Demos, and the two are nothing alike where it counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    awesome piece of art if you ask me.

about the deathwing comparison.
    They are basicly both dragons. So yes they both have the same 'dragonlike' shape.
    The dragons are however quite different
    Exactly. There's only so many ways you can draw a skeletal dragon.
    Unfortunately this (greater) forum has many posters that don't know about anything that isn't Wow, and thus think Wow did everything first.

Derpwing Vs Derpwing 2 purple version

In otherwords people saying he looks like Derpwing and a bunch of guild wars 2 crazy people yelling at people for saying he looks like derpwing >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    Derpwing Vs Derpwing 2 purple version

In otherwords people saying he looks like Derpwing and a bunch of guild wars 2 crazy people yelling at people for saying he looks like derpwing >.>
    Mhmmmmmm. Gw2 fanboys are just as scary as wow fanboys. Nowhere did I say it wasn't good or that I didn't like it. It just looks like deathwing with heroic gurth colors.

Deleted
    Dragons are dragons and birds are birds, they all have similarities to each other, accept and move on

It did indeed look like a purple Deathwing at first glance, but if you look again you can see some clear differences.

Very stunning art work.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, do we have to compare every aspect of gw2 to wow? Holy fuck people, just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Ugh, do we have to compare every aspect of gw2 to wow? Holy fuck people, just stop.
    Oh hai!

Lovely artwork. Nice to see the team in action. And Rytlock is clearly arcing the sword down on Logan's traitorous neck, so that's a nice bonus.

Also...on the comparison. Yes, It looks like a dragon.

15+ Year Old Account
    "That human looks like a human in [insert random game here]"

A similar yet equally ridiculous comparison as some things, like dragons, will always share similarities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    (hence my rage )
    It's somewhat annoying when you can't even discuss a simple picture without scores of people, who know nothing of GW2, passing inane judgement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Nice to see the team in action.
    First thing I thought was "what the hell is Caithe doing?" other than nothing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    (hence my rage )
    It's somewhat annoying when you can't even discuss a simple picture without scores of people, who know nothing of GW2, passing inane judgement on it.

First thing I thought was "what the hell is Caithe doing" other than nothing
    People are actually giving you real discussion. Had nobody said anything about the obvious comparisons, then it would just be a bunch of people saying cool picture. Fine it it's own right but I don't think 1 pic needed it's own thread without actual discussion. I played gw2 in march and I thought it was amazing and flawless. No bashing at all. Sorry I said something on a website for saying stuff!

(hence my rage )
    Anyone who so much as utters the words "I quite like this thing related to GW2" is a rabid fanboy, didn't u know?
    That said militaristic fanboys never start anything, nor have I ever seen them tbh, means nothing! Be they heathens? Madmen? Who knows...but anyone who likes GW2 is clearly just irrational and stupid.
    First thing I thought was "what the hell is Caithe doing?" other than nothing
    Nah, she's clearly sizing up the distance before she leaps (after Rytlock has thrown Logan into the beast's jaws as a distraction ofc) over its head and plonks those stilettos into its weak neck joint, does a lil twist and its head falls off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In before fanboys tell you they're totally different and that ANet designed him much sooner etc etc.
    Well, The Shatterer was shown earlier than Deathwing.

And this just reminded me that Grenth was a rip off of Putress, those pesky ANet designers... /sarcasm

Looks very much like deathwing only better...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No way, the metal ribcage holding a chest full of energy together is in no way like Deathwing
    When you look at that picture and then think about the madness of deathwing encounter it's kind of hilarious. Imagine how incredible that encounter could have been.

Deleted
    Please just stop :/ can we enjoy anything from gw2 without the whole gw2 vs wow being brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    No one bashed anything. He looks like deathwing.
    All dragons look like dragons. There are a few similar features, but it's worth pointing out that Deathwing's wings and body are not made out of jagged black crystals. His flesh is actual flesh, with slabs of metal fused to it. Just because the visible ribcage and prominent lower jaw are shared features does not mean the dragon as a whole looks the same.

Look at the shape of the wings, the detailing of the flesh, the features of the WHOLE face instead of just the jaw. You might even want to take the time to notice that the Shatterer's chest is downright skeletal, while Deathwing's chest is just partially torn open.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-14 at 12:57 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Didnt we have this kind of discussion about this dragon before?

Deleted
    A warning: Game bashing is against the rules in this forum, so don't be surprised when you get an infraction.
    Sorry had to laugh hearing something like that coming out of your mouth.

Deleted
    Missed that you made a thread Mif, so I accidently posted in the One Thread.. but w/e