Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Some people trying their best to defend GW2 (while there is nothing to defend) and at the same time putting other games down.
    I don't think anybody is putting other games down. We're just pointing out that the only similarities between Shaterrer and Deathwing is that they're both dragons with big jaws and glowy magic in an exposed chest cavity, and pointing out that dragons are significantly more detailed than jaw and chest.

The only people being insulting here are the ones throwing around the word "fanboy" so damn casually.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    or telling that artists aren´t at the same lvl because of one picture
    Sam Didier really is no where near as technically a skilled artist as Daniel Dociu. But then again they are different styles and therefore it is unfair to compare their art when saying one is better than the other. But if you look at both their online port folios Daniel simply has a greater understanding of the principles and elements of art and how to apply them than Sam does. However Sam Didier is great in his own right in the same way a cartoonist is. Don't take that as an insult against the man, that's just what his style is similar to; it's why WoW has a cartoon aesthetic and GW2 has one which is considered painterly.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I did actually wonder why DW was purple when I first glanced over this picture. ><
    Then I looked at what forum I was in, art still looks really cool and I'm still going to try Guild Wars, can never have enough epic dragons tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    A warning: Game bashing is against the rules in this forum, so don't be surprised when you get an infraction.
    Funny how you say that then go on to bash WoW a few pages later.

Anyway the artwork is awesome, I think I'll add it to my wallpaper rota. The Shatterer does share some features with Deathwing (most notably the epic chin) but overall are quite different. Even if Arenanet intentionally stole the idea from Blizzard they added their own spin to it and I don't have a problem with awesome designs being used by multiple people.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Sam Didier really is no where near as technically a skilled artist as Daniel Dociu. But then again they are different styles and therefore it is unfair to compare their art when saying one is better than the other. But if you look at both their online port folios Daniel simply has a greater understanding of the principles and elements of art and how to apply them than Sam does. However Sam Didier is great in his own right in the same way a cartoonist is. Don't take that as an insult against the man, that's just what his style is similar to; it's why WoW has a cartoon aesthetic and GW2 has one which is considered painterly.
    I'm not sure that's a very fair assumption. Sam Didier has an OUTSTANDING grasp of color theory, and I would be very willing to bet he could ape Daniel Dociu's style almost perfectly any day of the week. Many professional cartoonists and concept artists are fully capable of drawing in many different styles; if they could not, they would be out of work.

The reverse is just as true; I'm absolutely positive that Daniel Dociu could almost flawlessly ape Didier's style if he had to.

The difference is, I don't bash other games in their own sub-forum.
    I believe in letting communities enjoy their game without being the jerk that has to ruin it for them.
    So this makes it better? You honestly think that because you're being negative about WoW here instead of elsewhere, this helps the GW2 community improve somehow?

The GW2 community in general would be a much more pleasant place to be if people spent more time focusing on why the game is good and less time focusing on why WoW is bad.
    Last edited by Throrion; 2012-05-14 at 03:44 PM.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Excuse me?
    i see the slight insult in asking someone if he can´t see a difference between chris tucker and jacky chan, some could even say that´s a little racist
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Oh come on, I think it was just a joke, noticing the coincidence, that they both reside in a whirlpool and have open ribcage, while the heroes strike them from the cliff. Funny coincidence, why not to laugh. Both games are amazing, Deathwing had plates on his chest, holding his unstable liquefied body, long before the Cataclysm. The Shatterer was concepted long before Cataclysm too (at least people say so, I don't know for sure).

Though, I would prefer Samwise over Daniel Dociu any day =)

As for the recolors in WoW - yeah, that's a problem. Especially with these corn-tail dragons.
    But the example with Dragons of the Winds is hardly relevant. I think it is an awesome idea of 4 similar dragons of different colors, representing 4 cardinal directions. If you add the title "of the Four Winds" from Al'Akir HM, it is double awesome, and is a very pleasant combination of in-game stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Samurai View Post
    Funny how you say that then go on to bash WoW a few pages later.
    He did nothing of the sort. I wonder why the same principles are not applied to avid WoW fans that are genuinely complaining about this problem in WoW. Dragon Soul bosses are significantly less original than Icecrown Citadel bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i see the slight insult in asking someone if he can´t see a difference between chris tucker and jacky chan, some could even say that´s a little racist
    If you see racism in that comment, you're injecting your own racism into it. My best friends in high school were, in order of which ones I considered to be my best friends:
    Mexican
    Asian
    African-American
    I think one guy who was a little mix of everything

I was simply grabbing two random actors off the top of my head from the same movie. A good movie, I might add.

So apparently, not only am I "insulting" people, but I'm being racist by pointing out that two actors look different from each other? You really are hilarious.

Are you trying to tell me that the facial features of the two main character from Rush Hour are the exact same, when they're both:
    A: Male
    B: actors
    C: comedians first-and-foremost

Because what I'm blatantly saying is that if you can't tell the difference between the facial features of two well-known/famous human beings, then it's no surprise that you will believe Deathwing and The Shatterer look the same.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-14 at 03:54 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's really not game-bashing. It's a genuine complaint shared even by genuine fans of WoW, and he's commenting that WoW players are not foreign to the problem.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...up-with-models
    It's really something negative posted about the game for the sake of bashing it. You can read what the guy said himself to defend it, claiming the difference is that he's being negative about WoW here instead of on WoW forums.

Holy crap, that looks amazing. It's how Megatron should have looked like in Beast Wars when he took the spark of the Original

Right..... insinuating that the model is a ripoff isn't bashing GW2 at all.
    It isn't. It's making an observation. An apt observation, at that. Stop being so defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    It's really something negative posted about the game for the sake of bashing it.
    Um, no. It was not. It was posted as a genuine observation of something that is frequently complained about by WoW players. Stop taking offense to something that is not offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm not sure that's a very fair assumption. Sam Didier has an OUTSTANDING grasp of color theory, and I would be very willing to bet he could ape Daniel Dociu's style almost perfectly any day of the week. Many professional cartoonists and concept artists are fully capable of drawing in many different styles; if they could not, they would be out of work.

The reverse is just as true; I'm absolutely positive that Daniel Dociu could almost flawlessly ape Didier's style if he had to.
    Sam has such a distinct aesthetic in his art that I can't really imagine him doing the style that Daniel does, nor can I see the reverse. They can try to ape each other, but their styles and techniques that are rooted in their subconscious will stay the same. When I took art in highschool we had to copy pieces of art from the art book over 10 minutes in pencil. My drawings looked similar, but my technique and style remained the same, everyone's piece had their own originality stapled to it, even though were told to copy the piece as closely as possible.

I still believe that Danial is a technically superior artist to Sam, but taste can dictate hating Danial and loving Sam, and the opposite.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Oh well, in the end it will always end like this-

Guild Wars 2 Dragons > World of Warcraft Dragons, because ArenaNet just simply know how to do dragons! Besides, Deathwing is like the same size of the Shatterers head!

Also, Kralkatorrik > all dragons

He's so big Oo

Um, no. It was not. It was posted as a genuine observation of something that is frequently complained about by WoW players. Stop taking offense to something that is not offensive.
    Stop defending someone by strawmanning about them not bashing the game, when even they themselves claim that the only difference is that they're bashing it here and not elsewhere. Speak for yourself, not for others.

And I'm taking offence to nothing, from the beginning I was just pointing out how all of you are making the GW2 community a worse place to be. At this rate, this'll be the worst community in the history of online gaming before the game even launches. Good thing I'm looking forward to the game itself, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    And I'm taking offence to nothing, from the beginning I was just pointing out how all of you are making the GW2 community a worse place to be.
    The people doing this are the people who post nothing but "Quote - Quote - Heh Heh Heh" entirely with the intent of starting a fight.

Wow forum is that way ---------->

Transformers 4 - rise of the dragonbots.

Badass IMO i wanna smite that thing with my lil asura.

The people doing this are the people who post nothing but "Quote - Quote - Heh Heh Heh" entirely with the intent of starting a fight.
    Nope, the people doing this are the ones constantly and incessantly comparing GW2 to WoW at any given opportunity in some desperate and ridiculous bid for self-validation of their game of choice, and those defending them. Pointing out the irony of this circlejerk behaviour was, for the third time, the intent of my post, because there's really no need to start fights when the community does so exceedingly well by itself, as the 5-6 pages prior to my arrival so neatly show.

Man, if I could just have GW2 without the community, it would truly be outstanding. But I'll waste no more time on this circlejerk, have fun raging at people for comparing the dragon (which resembles a dragon from WoW) to a dragon from WoW on a WoW forum.