Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Already addicted.

ok , so I had the night off.

Thought I'll play some Guild Wars 2 (stresstest ) , but since it was the first time for me , I wasn't expecting much since it's a stresstest and all , but it blew my mind !

I almost encountered zero issues . I had no lag whatsoever , only had one dc while playing and everything runs smooth with everything on ultra.

I understand here and there some things need to be changed/tweaked , but I never expected it be so 'complete' already..
    It's really a bummer that it only lasted for 7 hours , because tbh .. I DON'T WANT TO STOP
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

Deleted
    I on the other hand got quite bored after playing for 10 min and decided to stop playing...

Deleted
    I hope you can combine forces or something in wvw later

for example if 1 team dominates the map the other 2 could make an agreement and start working together for a while to push the other team back.

Deleted
    Aaaaaannnd that's my fix... should last me until the next BWE event.
    FINALLY found a class I liked - elementalist (was getting worried, had tried; thief, necro, warrior, guardian, ranger and nothing stood out to me at all). Necro was probably my favourite of the 5 I tried until I played an elementalist, just omg... amazing. the whole attunement swapping with each element having completely different spells/playstyles has sealed the deal for me. A lot better than thief's "shadowstep in, disengage away shoot shoot vanish shoot shoot shoot shoot" snoozefest.

Between D3, LoL and CS:S I think i'll be able to pass the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    so you got what? the tutorial done...I'd like to congratulate you on being able to form a judgement on a game on the first few mins of a tutorial.....
    No not really, I have played my ass off in the first BWE and didn't want to spoil it for me... jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    I was massively addicted the first BETA weekend, today I'm too distracted by D3 anticipation, and I struggle with spending tons of time on any BETA since you start over on release.

But I did log on for a bit and tried out another class, I'm excited for the final release.

Played for 5 hours, I enjoyed it a lot, would have enjoyed it more if I got more than 5 fps on the lowest settings.I know beta is beta, but I think it's about time for me to upgrade.

so you got what? the tutorial done...I'd like to congratulate you on being able to form a judgement on a game on the first few mins of a tutorial.....

I have been having fun, WvWvW, started rocky, Redworld was pwning, but we (greens) and blues hit back. took the supply camps and then went to keeps, some nice seiges going on even a few golems around (awesome). red is being pushed back on all fronts so a few of us are considering a sneak attack on blue...well, you know they will do it to us eventually

Nearly through the keep door, another conquest beckons.
    I love people like this....someone posts the opinion on the very beginnings of a game, so another replies with their opinion. and all the feelings get hurt of the people that liked it. Some people won't like the game, get over it. Everyone doesn't have to like the games you like and having both reviews is really helpful for people that are actually still trying to decide if they want to buy the game or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    I love people like this....someone posts the opinion on the very beginnings of a game, so another replies with their opinion. and all the feelings get hurt of the people that liked it. Some people won't like the game, get over it. Everyone doesn't have to like the games you like and having both reviews is really helpful for people that are actually still trying to decide if they want to buy the game or not
    well that kid that was bored after 10 mins certainly gave a great review.

Deleted
    You said you played for 10mins, so want to tell me how amazing you expected the tutorial to be?

Did you try WvWvW, and Dynamic events, any of the new task areas, skill challenges, exploration, or stuctured PvP in those 10mins? Just wondering.

If you dont like it, fine.

But to say a game is boring after 10mins...well you'd never play anything as almost all games start with a tutorial section nowadays which eases you in gently and is not exactllly enthralling as its aimed at new players.
    Jezus, what's so hard to understand? I played it over 40 hours in the BWE weekend. So what "new" stuff is there for me to try out? Besides, it was a stresstest and I participated. WvWvW was down, PVP was full so what else was I supposed to do?

The fact that I played TODAY only 10 min doesn't mean I hate the game... Besides, tutorial in the beginning is boring, I have played many games which just dropped you in and had the " find out yourself"-fun factor.

Really, where is the connection between 40 hours played + 10 min today = " you don't like the game blabla " Really... I had better things to do then staying online for this stress test. My chars already reached lvl 20 on 3 toons and I just couldn't be arsed doing more. It has to stay a big surprise for me when I roll Sylvari.

I'm not playing this game like WoW MoP BETA testers do. Playing the whole freaking game, then crying later " there is no content " I test, do my job, and whenever I'm bored, I quit.

I'd like to congratulate you on being able to form a judgement about me on the first line you read that I posted.
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2012-05-15 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My latency was much better this time than the last BWE oddly enough. Only occasionally would it delve back into unplayable, but when it did it seems to be others and not just me.

Performance seemed to be a bit better than last time as well, I assume they did optimize some things since last BWE despite it being the same client build.

I did experience some issues entering personal story instances. Some refused to load. But other than that I had a better experience than I did in the last BWE.

The client was still obviously underoptimized for my GPU and I still had noticable letency despite it being an improvement. Just makes me more excited to see how much better it gets in the next BWEs and eventually launch.

I quit playing after about 3-4 hours just because I don't want to spoil myself too badly (I didn't play much last BWE either for the same reasons, in addition to performance issues), and I can't bring myself to play any other profession other than my main (Charr Thief) and planned alt (Norn Mesmer)
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-05-15 at 12:09 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I dont care if he does not like it, I'm jsut wondering how much of an opinion you can form on an MMO on that short a time.

Also, if he does not like it, why come onto the GW:2 board to say its boring? Leave it and go elsewhere. if hes on this board he is obviously still interested.
    It's a forum for this game...his response was entirely related to this game. Where would you rather have people go if they want honest reviews? (well...you wont get those anywhere, but you know what I mean) There isn't a forum to discuss games you didn't enjoy.

I also know how to feel, because I felt the same when rift came out, I loved it and hated seeing people post about playing it to lvl 3-5 and thinking it was boring. But you can get a decent feel for a game in an hour of play, if it is a game you have fun for that first hour, you will most likely post like the OP did, and buy the game no matter what. The same thing goes for people that are bored for the first hour, they will post about how they dislike it.

I tried a new character today. And... every time I entered an instance, the game crashed. This is something new. And... it does not make me happy. Oh well, guess I'll be ending my experience early.

I hate that every time I play a new class they become my favorite >.>
    So far I'm either going to play Mesmer, Necro, Guardian or Engineer.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the game saturday, wasn't able to download or log into the beta forums until today, and mines still downloading :\

Doubt it'll finish before the stress test is over (if it's still going now, is it over yet or what?)

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    It's a forum for this game...his response was entirely related to this game. Where would you rather have people go if they want honest reviews? (well...you wont get those anywhere, but you know what I mean) There isn't a forum to discuss games you didn't enjoy.

I also know how to feel, because I felt the same when rift came out, I loved it and hated seeing people post about playing it to lvl 3-5 and thinking it was boring. But you can get a decent feel for a game in an hour of play, if it is a game you have fun for that first hour, you will most likely post like the OP did, and buy the game no matter what. The same thing goes for people that are bored for the first hour, they will post about how they dislike it.
    and if the post had been more then, "Played it for ten minutes and got bored" you would have a more valid argument. As it was - that original post offered up nothing then what seemed to be bitching for the sake of bitching. Since then Gourm has further explained. Yet the kicking of a dead horse continues.

While certainly, "I played for a few hours and got bored. Not my cup of tea," is a valid response and should probably not provoke a harsh reaction... people getting annoyed over, "I played for ten minutes and omg this game suxxorz" is totally understandable.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I got the game saturday, wasn't able to download or log into the beta forums until today, and mines still downloading :\

Doubt it'll finish before the stress test is over (if it's still going now, is it over yet or what?)
    stress test is going until 9 EST - 45 more minutes.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these effin' games, man!

I've been juggling:

WoW ("Skeleton play" aka just raiding)
    APB: Reloaded (almost maxed my Criminal)
    Day Z (Very addicting, big time eater)
    Tribes: Ascend
    World of Tanks (Trying to get into it but keep getting distracted by other games)
    Diablo 3 (very soon!)

and now I hear GW2 has another stress test? Great ;/ now I have to fall into that again! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    All these effin' games, man!

I've been juggling:

WoW ("Skeleton play" aka just raiding)
    APB: Reloaded (almost maxed my Criminal)
    Day Z (Very addicting, big time eater)
    Tribes: Ascend
    World of Tanks (Trying to get into it but keep getting distracted by other games)
    Diablo 3 (very soon!)

and now I hear GW2 has another stress test? Great ;/ now I have to fall into that again! haha.
    First world problems

The game is fun, it's almost like a single player game sometimes...I don't know how it runs so smooth sometimes...I played for 2 hours or so and didn't run into many people, plus the BWE. 20 Guardian and it's fun, just so much to explore it's overwhelming. That, plus I don't want to explore that much as things might change and, well, I wanna be an Asura.

Poorly optimized game, they are still unable to fix graphics issue for AMD cards which happened during the last beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW, now just a time killer until my Annual Pass runs out.
    D3, another time killer.
    The Secret World was too meh for me (played their BWE thing).
    SWTOR, another time killer.
    DCUO, my husband loves it and I like to help him out.
    Champions Online, another time killer.
    Skyrim, I got bored really quickly.

None of these even come close to making me happy like Guild Wars 2 does. And Guild Wars 2 is on par with the old D&D sessions we use to have (epic and fun).

Quote Originally Posted by clankyasp View Post
    Poorly optimized game, they are still unable to fix graphics issue for AMD cards which happened during the last beta.
    Funny thing, they didn't actually change the build for optimization purposes. Only stress testing the servers on their end.

Wait until we actually get a real client update to fix this?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~