Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For the millionth time, Diablo 3 is not a single player game. It's an online game that has the ability to play with a party of 1 if you so desire. This is no different to Diablo 2's BNet mode, which was the real way to play it anyway.

P.S. I was surprised at how remarkably few bugs and server issues I had given it was a massive launch. Although some of the lore books went poof when I clicked on them... if a bug has robbed me of lore MY FURY SHALL KNOW NO BOUNDS!!!

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    You miss the point....

You shouldn't be "victim" of a shutdown on an OFFLINE single player game...

Only the multiplayer part SHOULD recquire an internet connection
    If it had an offline mode they'd have to quarantine your single player characters like in Diablo 2, which just plain sucks. I'm glad they just got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Diablo 2 was an online game as well. I could play the single player without having Internet.
    Diablo 2 was a singleplayer game with a multiplayer option.

diablo 3 is a multiplayer game with the ability to play by yourself.

its completely different.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Maybe we could get a post-release release date for when the game will actually be playable.
    I've just logged off from playing for hours...
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Masni View Post
    r u serius bro? I guess I'll stop trying, enjoy your DRM-filled game, hope you actually get to play it sometime in the near future!
    cry more? 0/10

its 19-20 hours old. with 10 million people all trying to get on. relax. if its this bad in a week, then you have a legitimate reason to complain. every online game is clunky and has issues at release. GW1 and its expansions, Wow and its expansions, SC2....... everyhting. relax.

Post below me is terrible btw. read my multiple responses in this thread.
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2012-05-15 at 11:57 PM.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    i totally agree with the OP.

A single player game like Diablo 3 should have an offline mode, something akin to SC2's offline mode where you can do anything you want except online multiplayer, achievements, and chat.

Seems very annoying to have to stop playing a single player game because of any type of connectivity issues, on your side or Blizz's.

Post above me is terrible btw. read my multiple responses in this thread.

You miss the point....

the whole game is the multiplayer part. the "singleplayer part" is being able to play by yourself in the multiplayer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post

And that is the source of the complaints really...
    People want an offline game with online capability.
    They want Diablo, not WoW.
    So ofc there are people displeased

Deleted
    Hes prolly mad cuz he didnt have any problems thus he doesnt care if others have problems.

Listening to all these complaints you'd think people who played Diablo 2 all played in offline mode. That was for noobs! The real game happened online! Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by aekya View Post
    Why, however, are you willing to throw away your comfort and "freedom" (to play it offline, whenever, whereever you want, constant internet connection) in favor of some people not being able to pirate the game? That, confuses me. I would value my freedom far more than the possibility of some people pirating, oh noes.
    Do you remember what happened to Diablo 1, where player files were stored offline? Massive hacking and duping to the point where there was no point playing with other people if you wanted to play without cheating. In D2 they introduced the BNet online mode to counter that, but left the offline mode intact as a legacy of D1 (the online gaming scene was in its infancy then in any case). But of course the two were isolated from each other because there's no way to stop duping and so on in offline mode. Which completely sucks because you level up a solo character and couldn't use it to play with friends. Very confusing and frustrating to new players as well. It's very old-fashioned so they just got rid of it. Good riddance IMO.

My concern over servers sometimes being down <<<<<<<<< my desire to play a game that isn't full of dupes, haxx and cheating jerks.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-05-16 at 12:05 AM.

Single player game...

Servers shutting down..

Does.

Not.

Compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You could hack that in a heartbeat. My friend imported amazingly geared characters for me.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 10:41 PM ----------

By this logic why haven't the Diablo II servers been turned off?
    Yes. But that was how many years ago? Surely it could be done better now a days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamok View Post
    Exactly. It's like me not being able to play Skyrim because I don't have internet for Steam. P.S. I hear there is a fix for this, could anyone PM me a link or your own solution to it?
    Ugh... put it on offline mode? should solve it... never had that problem lol
    If it still happens, just get a steam crack for skyrim really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    I don't understand why you're mad. They're taking down servers to fix problems with the game to make it better. Why is that a bad thing?
    Taking down servers for what should be a god damn single-player game. Forcing players to log in to a server to play D3 is completely ridiculous. Connecting to battle.net only if you wanted to play online worked just fine for the first two games. Servers shutting down for maintenance (like an MMO) are precisely when I did not buy this game.

Deleted
    Given all the time in beta I'm surprised people are only now realising that 1. Blizzard sucks at launch days 2. zomg there is a RMAH! 3. you need to be online (you did with Skyrim...a game with *no* multiplayer capability - heck at least Diablo makes sense in that regard) and 4. raging is bad for your health.

Seriously? We get it. I missed out on playing Diablo 3 too, and was pretty miffed. But come on, sooner or later just live with this stuff or don't buy the game as it gets a little tired complaining about the same thing over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    You miss the point....

I think the real point is the reality. D3 is clearly not an offline single player game whatever it's previous versions were. Calling it one and saying stuff about it like it is one makes you look oblivious. Whether it should be this or that is also irrelevant, it's what it is and yelling about it isn't going to change anything.

For all intents and purposes, they've mutated Diablo into a weird-but-interesting version of an MMO. End of story. It's simply not a single-player game.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-05-16 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Adding some clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    I had a good laugh after finishing my movie seeing this thread and how it's still going. How's the battle against the fanboy's that think Blizzard are incapable of faults fairing?
    Quite well, since Diablo 3 is now the most played on line game on this planet

And it sure will beat the hell out of GW2 and the rest of the old bunch of wow copies.

I know a lot of people are afraid for this Blizzard scenario, but helas, ... I did'nt meet a single person tonight at our club who was not impressed with the game play of D3.

So keep on discussing guys: in the end it is the fun game play that always wins, not the forum trolls.

wow already proved that 8 years ago ...

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post

Welcome to 2012 ... And the internet.

So sorry for the thieves that call themselves hardcore players and now no longer can steal copies or crack clients to hack and dupe OUR mutual fun.

Long live the internet game play. Booh to the copiers and dupers of this world.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-16 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Anyone who arranges to take the day off work for the launch of a video game is woefully naive.
    Fixed it for you.
    Link broken

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Welcome to 2012 ... And the internet.

So sorry for the thieves that call themselves hardcore players and now no longer can steal copies or crack clients to hack and dupe OUR mutual fun.

Long live the internet game play. Booh to the copiers and dupers of this world.
    Except i'm not a thief. I'm just a guy who wants to play a game whenever I want sometimes, wherever I go and regardless of whether my internet connection is present or not, and without my presence required at all times upon Battle.net/online. Apparently this should be deemed unthinkable in 2012. We're moving forward? I don't think so.

I don't quite understand the OP. Knowing that Diablo is an online game attached to the Battle.net service. There is a single player mode, in a certain fashion, but there is no offline mode.

There is a distinction there that is only lost to ignorance.

It is pretty fucking stupid that you are required to be online to play solo, really really fucking stupid. You cant jump on the OP for being mad at that fact, its dumb.