Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm going to lovingly feed you mushy banana with a spoon now, and I'll gently stroke your hair, and sing you a soft lullaby to put you to sleep.
    I was soo not doing that about 10 minutes ago! No sir. Never. nuh uh..
    There was no banana. She prefers milk at night >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I was soo not doing that about 10 minutes ago! No sir. Never. nuh uh..
    There was no banana. She prefers milk at night >.>
    So our love can never be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Wait what?
    I assume he means the Maguuma Jungle.

The Maguumas Waste isnt accessible on game launch if im not mistaken? (Yes, it is called Maguuma Waste, not Maguuma Jungle in GW2.) For those who didnt understand what i meant, Primordus is living underground and currently is underneath Asuras and Sylvaris 1-15 lvling zone.

Deleted
    FFS SB - answer him! I'm on the edge of my seat here!

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    The Maguumas Waste isnt accessible on game launch if im not mistaken? (Yes, it is called Maguuma Waste, not Maguuma Jungle in GW2.) For those who didnt understand what i meant, Primordus is living underground and currently is underneath Asuras and Sylvaris 1-15 lvling zone.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maguuma_Jungle

It is called the Maguuma Jungle. The Maguuma Wastes is a subregion inside the Maguuma Jungle. The only available subregion of that region available on release is the Tarnished Coast, which is the Asura and Sylvari area. Here is a map to visualize it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/..._Tyria_map.jpg

And no, he isn't. That is only speculation. If you can provide an actual source, it would be great. Primordus resides in the Depths of Tyria, which isn't limited to the Tarnished Coast.

GuildMag: On the Ghosts of Ascalon map, the Maguuma Jungle seems to be called the Maguuma Wastes. Is it no longer called the Maguuma Jungle or is it just the top, dry portions seen in GW1 that are now called Maguuma Wastes?

Jeff Grubb: The northern parts of the Maguuma Jungle have dried out, creating the wastes (the southern regions, where the asura and sylvari have set up their nations, are considered part of the Tarnished Coast). This change has been attributed to the rise of the Elder Dragons, but that has not been confirmed, and there may be other nefarious agents at work.
    GuildMag: Primordus was the first one to awake. While (most of) the other dragons moved places (be it raising a continent or flying south), Primordus decided to stay in the Depths of Tyria. Why did it decide to stay there?

Jeff Grubb: Primordus has remained beneath the surface, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t moved around. He has been clearing huge tracks of the underground regions of the world, and his activities have sent a number of other races to the surface, including one that the asura are all-too-familiar with – the rodential skritt. As a result of his activities, the minions of Primordus can be found almost anywhere on the surface.
    http://www.guildmag.com/gmblitz-lore...ith-jeff-grubb
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-18 at 05:28 PM.

Well i will try to find a proper source, but i say this because there was earthquakes in Rata Sum and one would asume that Primordus was the reason for this seeing how he was the one underground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was Primordus. The Asura unknowingly built the Central Transfer Chamber right next to him because of the energy he was giving off.

Also, see link in my sig >:D

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah it was Primordus. The Asura unknowingly built the Central Transfer Chamber right next to him because of the energy he was giving off.

Which was during GW1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Damn, every time I read that. I read it in Vekks voice and get chills becouse of epicness! Every single time... every single time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Damn, every time I read that. I read it in Vekks voice and get chills becouse of epicness! Every single time... every single time!
    Every single time?

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    FFS SB - answer him! I'm on the edge of my seat here!
    Lol...sorry. Even asura need to sleep and he kept me waiting 25 mins for a reply!
    ofc it can. I gotta lotta love to share around and cookies.

Also - I thought the earthquakes around rata sum were his champion, not Primordus himself - you know...just to be pedantic
    ...I always felt it was weird why the central transfer chamber was over in the shiverpeaks on the map but clearly it should be somewhere over near rata sum. Just weird.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-05-18 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    Lol...sorry. Even asura need to sleep and he kept me waiting 25 mins for a reply!

*cheer* I love happy endings!

Also - I thought the earthquakes around rata sum were his champion, not Primordus himself - you know...just to be pedantic
    ...I always felt it was weird why the central transfer chamber was over in the shiverpeaks on the map but clearly it should be somewhere over near rata sum. Just weird.
    Like I said, it was during GW1. I don't think Rata Sum had even been built yet.

Well, to the degree it has been now anyway. Back then it was just a small outpost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, the dragons dont like eachother and they all are living in their own "territories." Primordus is still underground if im not mistaken, underneath the earth where asuras and sylvaris live. Zhaitan is chilling in Orr (Arah to be more precise, as we fight him in the Arah dungeon.) Kralkatorrik, as huge as he is, resting in the Crystal Dessert between Elona and Tyria. Jormag is dominating the northern parts of Tyria and as for the last dragon "Bubbles," nobody really knows much about him beside that he is in the deep sea cutting off all connection between Tyria and Cantha.

When GW2 will be released, the only eldeR dragon we will fight will be Zhaitan. Im guessing in future expansions/patches we will be fighting the others as well, but lets not forget that Elona has the Palawa Joko problem (god i personally cant wait for Elona expansion.)

These dragons cant just fly around and destroy everything without running into eachother and they "just now" woke up from their sleep so im guessing that they are not fully awake, but still wait for their powers to come back and then they will start to fly around and kill everything. However, in the meantime, these Elder Dragons have their respected Champions doing work for them. The Shatterer being Kralkatorriks champion and Tequatl being Zhaitans champion. We fight these champions so that may have an impact on these dragons?
    Asura and Sylvari are not living underground. The Sylvari live in the Grove, where Ventari's Refuge once was. The Asura live above ground in Rata Sum, having been driven out of the depths by Primordus.

Also, it's primarily Zhaitan cutting off our connection to other nations/continents. When he rose, he also raised a vast undead army, complete with ships.

Also, if by "dungeon" you mean "personal story that's located in Arah" then you're correct about that.

And finally, these dragons have not "just" woken up, they've been awake for years, the first of them for two centuries. Primordus awoke in 1120 AE. Jormag awoke in 1165 AE. Zhaitan awoke in 1219 AE. Kralkatorrik awoke in 1320 AE.
    The year of GW2 at release will be 1327 AE.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-18 at 11:04 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

@Drake, Primordus went back to sleep after awakening in 1120, i'll send source later. Dunno why u wrote the asura and sylvari part as i nowhere stated that they lived underground, but Primordus was. Also, Zhaitan isnt the main reason connection from Elona has been cut, Kralkatorrik is. Zhaitan will be the only encounterable dragon on release in Arah (dungeon.) Never said if it was explorable mode or story mode.

Like I said, it was during GW1. I don't think Rata Sum had even been built yet.

Well, to the degree it has been now anyway. Back then it was just a small outpost.
    It's in the same location as today though. Same place in the magunawhatsit jungle. I know they built the chamber where they did because that's just where Primordus was but it feels weird to 1) have another elder dragon so close to another (although I guess the jungle is technically close to orr) 2) it be so far lore wise from the asura.
    Who knows where their main cities were though...maybe they wanted to get as far away from ol' Primordus as possible.

It's in the same location as today though. Same place in the magunawhatsit jungle. I know they built the chamber where they did because that's just where Primordus was but it feels weird to 1) have another elder dragon so close to another (although I guess the jungle is technically close to orr) 2) it be so far lore wise from the asura.
    Who knows where their main cities were though...maybe they wanted to get as far away from ol' Primordus as possible.
    They abandoned it because Primordus was an Elder Dragon, and Primordus has since moved locations. If you built a mall on top of a incredibly powerful mountain sized god-dragon, I'd get the fuck out of there too.

Oh, just so we are clear, the place we're talking about was in the Shiverpeaks right?

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 07:18 PM ----------

@Drake, Primordus went back to sleep after awakening in 1120, i'll send source later. Dunno why u wrote the asura and sylvari part as i nowhere stated that they lived underground, but Primordus was. Also, Zhaitan isnt the main reason connection from Elona has been cut, Kralkatorrik is. Zhaitan will be the only encounterable dragon on release in Arah (dungeon.) Never said if it was explorable mode or story mode.
    The connection with Elona was lost by the combined threats of Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, and Palawa Joko.

You're both wrong.

However, Zhaitan is also responsible for cutting off connection to Cantha and all sea routes. So Drake is correct on that.

And also, yes. A source on that would be nice. You might be confusing the dates. He "stirred" in 1078, but did not awaken. He awoke in 1120 and he and his minions have continued to be active since then.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-18 at 11:24 PM.

Zhaitan is the main reason for the isolation of Cantha, not Elona. Well, him and the superisolationist ruler there. No one can travel by ship anymore.
    Palawa Joko's stranglehold on the crystal desert is cited as the main reason for Elona's isolation, long before Kralkatorrik awoke, but yh he's just made it worse.

Courtesy of The Movement of the World

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 11:28 PM ----------

They abandoned it because Primordus was an Elder Dragon, and Primordus has since moved locations. If you built a mall on top of a incredibly powerful mountain sized god-dragon, I'd get the fuck out of there too.

Oh, just so we are clear, the place we're talking about was in the Shiverpeaks right?
    Yh....central transfer station built where Primordus was at and they gtfo. They abandoned it because of the destroyer's....ironically...destroying all their cities and they fled to the surface...then later found out what Primordus was.
    I guess they did just want to get far far away from the shiverpeaks. I guess some of their main cities were close to the shiverpeaks then.

Also, didn't know Primordus had changed locations...where he at?

Yh....central transfer station built where Primordus was at and they gtfo. They abandoned it because of the destroyer's....ironically...destroying all their cities and they fled to the surface...then later found out what Primordus was.
    I guess they did just want to get far far away from the shiverpeaks. I guess some of their main cities were close to the shiverpeaks then.

Also, didn't know Primordus had changed locations...where he at?
    Anywhere there's a cave.

He basically rules the Depths now. He also quite the architect, apparently he's been excavating a little bit. I predict his expansion will take place in the Maguuma Jungle, and to the north of that like the Isles of Janthir and possibly the Verdant Forest.

I just gather this from the trials of elimination, it's all that's left basically.

Kralkatorrik: The area south of Ascalon, Crystal Desert, Elona
    Bubbles: Cantha
    Jormag: Far Shiverpeaks, Charr Homelands, possible the Verdant Forest
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-18 at 11:36 PM.