Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Girlfriend is upset

I was talking on skype with my girlfriend earlier today. Long story short, I inadvertently said something to upset her a week ago. We had a long talk earlier and everything was great after. But then later tonight about an hour ago, I let her know that I felt bad for making her upset. It was sort of like a cycle of emo-ness. She got upset again and went to bed. She'll do this maybe once every two weeks or so. She went to bed without answering my texts or calls. I love her very much and she means everything to me. I'm just scared she'll break up with me. I know she most likely won't, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. I just can't sleep without hearing her voice before bed. Anyway yea. Girls, you wouldn't break up with your boyfriend for something like that would you? I know this all sounds very childish, but she is very sensitive. I'm a tad on the mooshy side myself.

Depends what you said.

You can say you're sorry however many times you want, but you still said it. Yes, I'd say she might break up with you if she's still hurt by it so much later.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

tell dat bitch to make u a sandwhich then go play some diablo 3..

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-21 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Depends what you said.

You can say you're sorry however many times you want, but you still said it. Yes, I'd say she might break up with you if she's still hurt by it so much later.
    I said "I make you happy most of the time at least, yes?"

she said yes, and then goodnight and that's it. I feel like punching myself for being a drama queen. I just want it to be morning.

stop being sorry, stop reminding her your sorry, and don't do what ever you did..... if you feel your long talk was insignificant then get better at making sure everything gets put on the table during those talks and clear up what ever you didn't clear up. Going on about it and going SORRY SORRY SORRY doesn't do anything but remind her what a dick head you were, and prolly annoy her. So don't be sorry, be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    stop being sorry, stop reminding her your sorry, and don't do what ever you did..... if you feel your long talk was insignificant then get better at making sure everything gets put on the table during those talks and clear up what ever you didn't clear up. Going on about it and going SORRY SORRY SORRY doesn't do anything but remind her what a dick head you were, and prolly annoy her. So don't be sorry, be better.
    This is some good advice imo... take it to heart. Lay out everything in on big talk and leave it be after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I said "I make you happy most of the time at least, yes?"

she said yes, and then goodnight and that's it. I feel like punching myself for being a drama queen. I just want it to be morning.
    I think they meant what was it you said to originally make her upset in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    I know. I never said I was sorry, I just called her and left her a voicemail saying I wanted to hear her voice. I was just in the heat of the moment and it feels so stupid right now what I got upset over.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
    I think they meant what was it you said to originally make her upset in the first place.
    I made a joke about a diamond ring, and I don't even remember what I said exactly. I meant it as a joke and she connected it to me proposing to her somehow. This was over the phone too. We settled it, but I sorta brought it up again. This has happened before, where she doesn't talk to me until the next day, but I just feel scared anyway.

I was talking on skype with my girlfriend earlier today. Long story short, I inadvertently said something to upset her a week ago. We had a long talk earlier and everything was great after. But then later tonight about an hour ago, I let her know that I felt bad for making her upset. It was sort of like a cycle of emo-ness. She got upset again and went to bed. She'll do this maybe once every two weeks or so. She went to bed without answering my texts or calls. I love her very much and she means everything to me. I'm just scared she'll break up with me. I know she most likely won't, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. I just can't sleep without hearing her voice before bed. Anyway yea. Girls, you wouldn't break up with your boyfriend for something like that would you? I know this all sounds very childish, but she is very sensitive. I'm a tad on the mooshy side myself.
    Man up Nancy.

Girls don't want a mushy sensitive crying boyfriend.

Honestly they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Man up Nancy.

Honestly they don't.
    I know. I just can't help it sometimes. Sometimes, I just have to tell her things that are bothering me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to sound mean, but I think you both need to stop over reacting. Try really hard not to let stupid little things bother you. It could ruin the relationship :<

in all honesty i've been with my girlfriend for 9 months, she's had a horrible background that you wouldn't even c on tv stuffs so messed up. she's the most sensitive person i have ever seen. ive got to watch everything,every move and everything i say around her or it'll make her start crying. I hate saying this but bro it's better you aren't with her. You get to the point where i'm at and its like it pisses me off every time she does that because now i have to hear her fuss and then i have to make it up. it's better to go out and explore your options before you have dug your hole so deep that you can't get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
    Not to sound mean, but I think you both need to stop over reacting. Try really hard not to let stupid little things bother you. It could ruin the relationship :<
    Agreed. I can't change that she gets upset over them, but I can be more resilient myself. I don't think anything drastic will happen because of this, I just wanted to talk to some people. Thanks for listening. I'll update the thread tomorrow with what happens.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    in all honesty i've been with my girlfriend for 9 months, she's had a horrible background that you wouldn't even c on tv stuffs so messed up. she's the most sensitive person i have ever seen. ive got to watch everything,every move and everything i say around her or it'll make her start crying. I hate saying this but bro it's better you aren't with her. You get to the point where i'm at and its like it pisses me off every time she does that because now i have to hear her fuss and then i have to make it up. it's better to go out and explore your options before you have dug your hole so deep that you can't get out.
    I wouldn't do that. This is the first girl who I've actually loved, like real love, not infatuation or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why don't you break up with her?

Just because you dug yourself a hole and you're miserable, doesn't mean OP can't pull through and work things out with his girlfriend.

Agreed. I can't change that she gets upset over them, but I can be more resilient myself. I don't think anything drastic will happen because of this, I just wanted to talk to some people. Thanks for listening. I'll update the thread tomorrow with what happens.
    Good luck OP. If you can do so without sounding like, annoyed or whiney, try telling her that how she reacts to the littlest things bothers you. You two need to establish a good communication with each other. It's not fair of her to put you through this for nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider321 View Post
    tell dat bitch to make u a sandwhich then go play some diablo 3..
    that's why you are, and always will be, a virgin.
    Last edited by mmocc956f22cc4; 2012-05-22 at 02:12 PM.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 10:51 PM ----------

I wouldn't do that. This is the first girl who I've actually loved, like real love, not infatuation or anything.

it's the same way here. depending on what kind of guy you are. i'm impatient if you aren't and would be prepared to live your life walking on eggshells go ahead man.
    i'm prolly going to be doing the same because im not leaving my girl. as a matter of fact we just had a huge fight yesterday where we about broke up because she told me she wanted to shave a part of her hair like skrillex. i pretty much told her if shes going to be with me no.

it's the same way here. depending on what kind of guy you are. i'm impatient if you aren't and would be prepared to live your life walking on eggshells go ahead man.
    i'm prolly going to be doing the same because im not leaving my girl. as a matter of fact we just had a huge fight yesterday where we about broke up because she told me she wanted to shave a part of her hair like skrillex. i pretty much told her if shes going to be with me no.
    I know how you feel. Got any sleeping pills? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch dumb move. I have learned from experience don't joke about anything that could in ANYWAY be connected to a proposal. I once got my girlfriend a necklace for some holiday (they all run together) and it was shipped in a box that looked exactly like a ring box. Long story short I learned my lesson. Just give her time she will eventually get over it. And stop bringing it up even if it is to apologize.

women are strange and odd some times ./. you wana make it up to her get a credit card and send her some flowers with an " im sorry forgive me i love you " note and you should be ok ... and once shes over it NEVER bring it up again .. or your in for it again..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Man up Nancy.

Honestly they don't.
    This is incredibly stupid. He should absolutely feel that he can tell the girl he dates what is bothering him. If she's still upset by you bringing it up, then obviously it wasn't resolved correctly the first time. Sit her down and talk it out. Otherwise it's going to keep coming up and being a problem.